jktroll
Logan94

Marijuana Legalisation in the form of a regulated system similar to Alcohol and Tobacco

Logan94

jktroll

Pro

This is just a round of acceptance and stating your current position in this debate:

I (Pro) am in favour for the notion as I believe that the system I propose will be more beneficial than the current laws surrounding Marijuana. I will open the main argument at the start of Round 2 as to how this system would work and why it is a better plan.

My opponent is either against the legalization and/or in favour of even stricter prohibition (USA).

What is different this time round is that if Con chooses to have a prohibition he will also need to have a burden of proof and not just refute my points.

I strongly encourage use of evidence provided in any claims made as this is not a matter of opinion but of actually facts.

R1 - Acceptance (i.e. opening stating position in topic-no rebuttals to my plan as of yet: hear me out.)

R2 - Main Argument (Con does not respond to my main argument yet before making his own)

R3 - Rebuttal to Main Argument

R4 - Response to rebuttal and final conclusion and thoughts (no additional points or evidence can be given at this stage as it is too late and not a fair debate)

The rules are only there in place to make this a productive, fair and well-organized debate.

Best of luck and over to you now, Con.
Logan94

Con

I am against this resolution We should have stricter prohibition in the United States

Also for clarification. In the second may i rebut your statements after i make my argument, or do i wait till 3rd round?
jktroll

Pro

jktroll forfeited this round.
Logan94

Con

Logan94 forfeited this round.
jktroll

Pro

jktroll forfeited this round.
Logan94

Con

Im sorry for the forfeited round i was out of town.

We should not legalize marijuana. This would do nothing to help Americans! marijuana has been linked to causing cancer, kills brain cells, effects perception and coordination, and increases the chance of a heart attack by four times. This is not a drug we should ingest into our bodies.
http://www.thehealersjournal.com......

Also just because we put it on a regulated system like alcohol does not mean it will help get rid of drug dealers. The marijuana the government will be selling will be far more expensive than drug dealers because of all the taxes that would be added. Also underage kids would still have to purchase drugs illegally. So this will not help in any way shape or form. This will hurt america, we do not need to allow drugs.

Vote Con thank you, i hope to hear from pro next round
jktroll

Pro

jktroll forfeited this round.
Logan94

Con

extend arguments
Vote con. i thought we might be able to salvage this debate but i was wrong
Vote Placed by Mrparkers 4 years ago
Mrparkers
jktrollLogan94Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited less rounds than Pro did.