fuckinghostile
StrkeScale

Marijuana Medicine

StrkeScale

fuckinghostile

Pro

Marijuana has helped several people, there is even emerging evidence that THC helps destroy certain cancer cells. Now my question is why do you think it shouldn't be legal? The only reason it is a gateway drug is because you have to associate yourself with dealers who usually are shady mofos and when you're dealing with shady law breakers you usually get more trouble than you bargain for. You sit down and hang out then Johnny crack head enters while you're high and asks if you wanna have a free hit. That's why it is a gateway drug because it is illegal in the first place. Legalize it and see what happens. Why not just try it? Why is this such a wimpy p*ssy country!?!?!
StrkeScale

Con

I accept the challenge!
If you allow sick people marijuana as medicine, they may become addicts once they are better, and begin to use it illegally. Marijuana is not medicine, it is a recreational drug, and should remain illegal.
fuckinghostile

Pro

http://www.erowid.org...
http://www.drugpolicy.org...
Vs Alchohol
http://www.drugwarfacts.org...
Caffiene is more addictive than Marijuana. So why is caffiene, nicotine (the most addictive drug on the planet) and alchohol all legal? Our government is pathetic.
StrkeScale

Con

caffeine and alcohol may be more addictive, but that doesn't mean marijuana isn't addictive. (if it were up to me I would ban alcohol) Marijuana's effects are more harmful than caffeine. It causes memory loss and cancer.
Legalizing marijuana is a slippery slope. what next? heroine? Meth? Ecstasy? drugs allowed to be sold to minors? As responsible humans, we must draw the line somewhere.

ps- it's caffeine, not caffiene :)
fuckinghostile

Pro

Did you not see my last link to the 10 facts about marijuana? Marijuana does not cause cancer. As a society we know and see the effects of these hard drugs such as heroin and no one in their right mind would legalize a drug of that danger. My brother is in prison for heroin use, maybe if we instead treat the users as they are sick instead of criminals it would help. By the way we already know what banning alchohol did. Instead of allowing criminals and cartels to profit off of these drugs (marijuana is the biggest cash crop in America all though its illegal) we actually collect taxes and help fund the government. Instead we throw people in jail for simple possesion charges and waste much needed tax money. If we keep weed illegal the criminals profit. If we make it a legal recreational drug and let people use it medically we would stop their profiting and limit them to the point of destruction. My closing statement: No one ever died smoking weed, Layne Staley the lead singer of Alice in Chains (my favorite band) died with a syringe in his arm weighing in at 81 pound and 6 foot 1 inch. I fear my brother will face the same fate. Your rebuttle?
StrkeScale

Con

this was fun- my first debate ever. well here it goes-

Maybe marijuana isn't as harmful as it is rumored to be, however, does not take away the fact it is still harmful. it causes hallucination, lung infections, and obstructed air ways.heart race and anxiety, just to name a few.

Overall, you have made a very strong argument on legalization on marijuana as a recreational drug. However, you have completely missed the focal point of the debate- marijuana as medicine. You have provided no evidence of how marijuana could be used as medicine. My closing statement is that as you have no evidence supporting your claim, we may not assume that marijuana is a medicine without solid evidence.
Posted by HeWhoKnowsAll 4 years ago
HeWhoKnowsAll
Think it through. Nothing is addictive. People can become addicted because of their personalities. If nicotine, THC and dilaudid were addictive then everyone who ever touched them would be addicted. I and several of my friends and aquantinces have tried certain drugs and not become addicted. I am not addicted to anything. I have to eat and drink to survive, those are not addictions.
Posted by Paramedic268 4 years ago
Paramedic268
I would disagree with HeWhoKnowsAll, drugs are addictive, well documented.People who smoke (nicotine) is addictive, THC is addictive, Dilaudid is addictive. I don't care who you are, I have been in the medical field way to long and have seen it first hand.. I personally don't care if they legalize pot or not, people will become addicted to it.
Posted by HeWhoKnowsAll 4 years ago
HeWhoKnowsAll
Drugs are not addictive. People can be addicts. I have used all types of drugs and walked away from them. If a person has an addictive personality they can become addicted to; sugar, salt, porn and almost anything else. I know a person addicted to cran-grape juice!
Marijuana has so many more benefits than adverse effects. The most important thing to remember about marijuana is that it is the great equalizer. If your hungry, it will make you not hungry. If you are not hungry, it will make you hungry. If you are tired, it will wake you up. If you are anxious it will calm you down and make you sleepy. If you feel great, you should not smoke pot because it will increase other things possibly sadness, irritability or paranoia. I have friends who have smoked pot for 40 years. They have a very relaxed attitude and find more things funnier then most but they are not "burnt-out" and they have far less memory loss then people I know don't do drugs and significantly better memory than me. I enjoy drinking a lot but I occasionally go a month or two without any. The people I know with the best memory are people who smoke pot only a couple times a week and have a glass or two of red wine daily.
I am not sure about THC but I have read many studies and reports that emphasize the cancer killing properties of hemp oil. I am sure there is some THC in there. Hemp oil in effect makes the cancer hungry (munchies) and the cancer eats itself! Pretty cool! Hemp is also a fast growing plant that can be used for paper, rope and clothing. Do any of you realize how much cancer is caused by the clothes you wear? Acrylic, nylon, polyester and dacron. Even the clothes you get from China had formaldehyde and other chemicals. Hemp is all natural, grows faster than cotton, is drought resistant, requires little fertiliser and can be grown n most climates. So if we use it to replace other products why not use it for medicine?
petroleum
http://www.ranken-energy.com...
Posted by Paramedic268 4 years ago
Paramedic268
The best thing that marijuana does do is it decreases nausea, and increases appetite. I suffered a catastrophic s shoulder injury on September 14,2008 and I have been on narcotics since, 5 surgeries and I still taking Dilaudid 3times per day, with Lyrica twice a day, I know I am addicted, my doctors know I am addicted, my only alternative would be to live in constant pain. My point is that the establishment makes addicts every day. Any drug can cause addiction, it just depends how addictive the substance is.
Posted by Shenanigans 4 years ago
Shenanigans
No offense intended here, but poor debate all around. Pro did not provide a well supported argument at all but con didn't really refute the claim with any degree of certainty either.
Posted by darkcity 4 years ago
darkcity
youtube watch?v=0psJhQHk_GI
Posted by darkcity 4 years ago
darkcity
for Marijuana Medicine evidence check-
Posted by muzebreak 4 years ago
muzebreak
Spelling/Grammer- Only fuckinghostile made a spelling error, and Strkescale corrected it.

More convincing arguments- Strkescale pointed out that fuckinghostile provided no evidence that marijuana is medicine.

Best sources- fuckinghostile was the only one who provided sources.
Posted by fuckinghostile 4 years ago
fuckinghostile
Yeah minus the part on round one where I stated that it can kill cancer cells and other sh1t. Oh well, guess I didn't provide anything.
Vote Placed by Torvald 4 years ago
Torvald
fuckinghostileStrkeScaleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Votebomb to Con because Pro no longer exists, and because Con didn't make an ass of himself.
Vote Placed by RationalMadman 4 years ago
RationalMadman
fuckinghostileStrkeScaleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had better arguments (of his own) and conduct since he didn't put up links as opposed to an actual debate himself. However, sources go to pro.
Vote Placed by muzebreak 4 years ago
muzebreak
fuckinghostileStrkeScaleTied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD In comments