methodicalmadness00
Kleptin

Marijuana legalization for medicinal purposes ought to occur

methodicalmadness00

Con

Defer to aff for constructive
LD style if possible.
Kleptin

Pro

First, I should like to thank my opponent for creating this debate. I feel this is the first real debate I have participated in for several months.

Second, I apologize to my opponent because I shall not be debating in LD style because I have absolutely no idea what organized debating is. I shall be debating in the style of writing extremely long explanations for my beliefs and quoting/responding to my opponent's points in long, detailed rebuttals. I'm sure that has some terminology associated with it.

And now, on to the debate.

First off, I would like to define Marijuana as my opponent has graciously given me the chance to present my argument first.

Marijuana, for the purposes of this debate, shall refer to the substance THC or "tetrahydrocannabinol", which is the active ingredient in what we call marijuana

My opponent has chosen the topic of debate to be "Marijuana legalization for medicinal purposes ought to occur".

He shall be arguing *against* the legalization of Marijuana and I shall be arguing for it. The only issue is that part of my argument will discuss the *already* legalized status of Marijuana as a medicine and so, to avoid semantic debates, will argue the justification of this legalization and reasons for further legalization since the word "ought" implies that it is not already legal.

***

THC, the active ingredient in Marijuana has various properties when taken into the body. The purified active isomer of this medication is marketed as product "Marinol" in the United States of America, and I have seen it in the refrigerator at the pharmacy I work in.

http://www.drugs.com...

This drug is a latter-line of defense drug used to treat nausea and vomiting in cancer chemotherapy patients who have not adequately responded to other anti-emetic (anti-nausea/vomiting) drugs. In addition, it is used to treat anorexia of AIDS patients, which is key to their survival because of their already failing immune systems.

As this drug is a substance controlled by the FDA and DEA, and concentrated in a dose that will provide the above benefits without many of the side effects.

http://www.usdoj.gov...
http://www.drugs.com...

I now await my opponent's argument against the legalization of said drug. Thank you to both my opponent and the audience.
methodicalmadness00

Con

methodicalmadness00 forfeited this round.
Kleptin

Pro

Very disappointing that my opponent has forfeited this round. I was looking forward to a good debat, I hope that my opponent can make it up in the following rounds. We're all busy, it's understandable.

All my arguments still stand, because my opponent has not posted.

methodicalmadness00

Con

Kleptin

Pro

Okay then...

Well, since my opponent has decided to forfeit every round, I have no choice but to end the debate as is.

Thank you audience.
Posted by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
No gurls in the interbutts.
Posted by Kleptin 8 years ago
Kleptin
That's acceptable:)
Posted by methodicalmadness00 8 years ago
methodicalmadness00
Its fine Kleptin, however ought indicates moral obligation.
Posted by Kleptin 8 years ago
Kleptin
Apologies to my opponent again, for my opponent is not a "he", rather, my opponent is a "she".

Again, sorry about that.