Marine2317
danielawesome12

Marijuana should be illegalized

danielawesome12

Marine2317

Pro

There are plenty reasons in the world to make marijuana illegal. The first reason is that it is bad for you. Plenty of people develop serious chronic diseases. The next reason is that if you are then a hazard to others. Being high is dangerous, if you need to get high from a plant, then you shouldn't spend money on it. Why not just "get high" on the moment and the excitement. I am high on the moment every time I go into action. Every time I went to play baseball, I was high on the moment and I never had to go and buy a plant! If you are high, then your judgement is clouded and so you are a danger to everyone around you.
danielawesome12

Con

I thank you for accepting my debate here are my reasons for wanting Marijuana Legalized
http://thinkprogress.org......
http://www.cnn.com......
http://www.alternet.org......
1. I believe all US citizens should be allowed Life, Liberty, and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS
2. the most common idea is that they prevent people from harming themselves and from causing harm to the culture. But laws against self harm always stand on shaky ground, as they are, on the idea that the government knows what's better for you than you do and no good ever comes from making governments the guardians of culture.
3. You don't have to look hard to find examples of lives needlessly destroyed by marijuana prohibition laws. The government arrests over 700,000 Americans for marijuana possession every year. These new convicts are driven from their jobs and families. Then pushed into a prison system that turns first time offenders into hardened criminals.
4. Marijuana prohibition has created an underground economy, where crimes unrelated to marijuana but connected to those who sell and use it, go unreported. End result: real crimes become harder to solve.
5. A recent Fraser Institute study found that legalizing and taxing marijuana could produce considerable revenue.
6. Marijuana is not a lethal drug and is safer than alcohol. It is a scientific fact that marijuana is not toxic to humans; marijuana overdoses are nearly impossible, and marijuana is not nearly as addictive as alcohol or tobacco. It is unfair and unjust to treat marijuana users more harshly under the law than the users of alcohol or tobacco.
7. Both the fiber (bast) and pulp (hurd) of the hemp plant can be used to make paper. Fiber paper was the first kind
of paper, and the first batch was made out of hemp in ancient China. Fiber paper is thin, tough, brittle, and a
bit rough. Pulp paper is not as strong as fiber paper, but it is easier to make, softer, thicker, and preferable for
most everyday purposes. The paper we use most today is a`chemical pulp' paper made from trees. Hemp pulp paper can be made without chemicals from the hemp hurd. Most hemp paper made today uses the entire hemp stalk, bast and hurd. High-strength fiber paper can be made from the hemp baste,also without chemicals.
8. If someone is fine with self harm, let them harm them self it is there life, you should not control it. Clouded judgement doesn't mean your going to kill everyone around you it means you will suck at sports.
Marine2317

Pro

Just because It makes you happy, doesn't mean you loose your natural rights. Marijuana is a drug, not just a plant. It should be illegal. look at these pictures and tell me that you want to smell and look like these people.

1. botswana-alcoholaids.tripod.com
2. www.bubblews.com

I mean honestly, who would want to look or have chronic illnesses?
danielawesome12

Con

1. Your sources have failed to prove anything.
2. You failed to refute nearly any of my argument.
3. The education system teaches that Marijuana is bad, and if you know about the dangers you should be able to use it. Fast food is bad, does that mean it should be made illegal.
4. If it makes you happy and doesn't harm/hinder the common good it should be a legal.
5. Marijuana also doesn't cause cancer.
http://www.washingtonpost.com...

There have been no recorded deaths due to marijuana use alone either.
Obviously smoking it will produce some negative effects, however those effects aren't nearly as serious as people try and make it seem.
That being said, there are healthier methods of ingestion such as vaporizing, tinctures and edibles. Those methods still can't yield a toxic response and nullify the risks associated with smoking.
Marine2317

Pro

I know that my sources have failed and my arguments have been poor. But let me tell you about the time I ran into a man who was so high he thought he was an orange.
It was last year, around October 15, it was a relatively warm day and I was on leave from Iraq. I saw a police officer chasing someone so I ran ahead of the man to cut him off. He then turned and ran into the street, all the while screaming "Don't peel me! I'm just an orange!" I found this extremely funny until a car cam to a screeching halt, but hit him with enough force to knock him unconscious. I later visited him in the hospital. He said that marijuana was the reason he had three broken ribs and 2 broken finger and the reason he was going to jail for resisting arrest. I felt bad for him and so I told him it was his choice to get high and that I hope you break your habit. The officer was there and I told him that the poor man was high and to please drop the resisting arrest. He had no idea what he was doing. The officer kind of scowled at me, but I was in my "ALPHA" dress blues at the time and so he knew I was telling the truth, and so I say, why would you want to potentially end up like that guy? For those of you that don't know what blue dress "ALPHAS" are, I will post a picture of them. Or a site that you can search.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniforms_of_the_United_States_Marine_Corps

Read carefully, I am a Staff Sergent, I was in my Alpha's, or A's.
danielawesome12

Con

1. I will assume this story shows Marijuana is bad because 1.He can't break his habit 2. Citizens shouldn't ebed to use it because it can make you temporarily dumber. I will assume this because:
"I felt bad for him and so I told him it was his choice to get high and that I hope you break your habit."
"a man who was so high he thought he was an orange."

Ok, Fast Food/Alcohol/Cigarettes/Chewing Tobacco may be a habit, and they can cause momenta stupidity but if your knowledgeable about it you should be able to use it. Which of course, the government teaches bad effects of Fast Food/Smoking/Chewing Tobacco/ Drinking/ and especially Marijuana.
Posted by HonestDiscussioner 4 years ago
HonestDiscussioner
Please tell me this is a joke debate and not serious?
Vote Placed by Nyx999 4 years ago
Nyx999
Marine2317danielawesome12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was just the better debator, Pro's main point was that it was a drug, so immediately it was bad (caffeine is a drug). And then he told a story about a guy who overused marijuana. You can overuse anything, you can get WAY too drunk, but that doesn't mean you should ban alcohol.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 4 years ago
bladerunner060
Marine2317danielawesome12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made no serious arguments for his position, and in fact contradicted himself with his point on natural rights. I have no idea what he was trying to get at other than "Marijuana is bad 'cause I say so".
Vote Placed by Kwhite7298 4 years ago
Kwhite7298
Marine2317danielawesome12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: CVB
Vote Placed by msaka33 4 years ago
msaka33
Marine2317danielawesome12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This debater had the best argument and it was clear that he won