Marijuana should be legal all across the world
Debate Rounds (3)
1) Proper grammar and spelling to be used throughout I.e. no text speak
2) If information has been obtained from sources other than your own knowledge please provide link to the source.
Now as this is my first round I would like to explain why I feel that marijuana should become legal all across the world. I feel this way as many people see marijuana as a 'gateway' drug and also seen as a substance that is incredibly dangerous to the human body. I am not going it to much detail as I still want plenty of material for further rounds.
It is reported that 59% of people who smoke pot can't remember a conversation they had a couple hours ago. It is also reported that 41% of students who said they were stoned while reading in school said they couldn't remember what they read. Marijuana also is shown to cause respiratory damage symptoms include
- Daily cough
- Chronic Bronchitis
- More frequent chest colds
- Injured lung structures
- and an increased risk of Oral and Lung cancers
Marijuana also causes Immune system damage, reproductive system damage, for women danger during pregnancy, emotional damage, intellectual damage, and psychological addiction. Which can all be found in the link on the side you can also see short and long-term affects. So if you think this should be world wide I would strongly disagree with you very much.
1. Marijuana can be used for good but I have seen first hand it being used for destruction in one's life.
2. It is a gateway drug, I know many who have overdosed on it and almost died, one did die.
3. I am not willing to ever support this, truly the best debater in the world would have to convince me.
Samzyboy forfeited this round.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Geogeer 2 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||4|
Reasons for voting decision: Despite starting off strong pro forfeited, points Con.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.