King-La-Ding
natho_thebrainz

Marijuana should be legal for adults. (Debate sponsored by King La Ding Enterprises).

natho_thebrainz has forfeited round #2.

King-La-Ding

Pro

The Full King La Ding resolution: Recreational AND medical marijuana should be legal for adults in the United States, because the benefits clearly outweigh the positives.

King La Ding Enterprises sponsors this debate with a set of rules, and this set of rules is as followed: If you are caught in an incorrect fact or anomaly, you must formerly recognize the opponent (who is roughly 99.99999999% likely to be me) as superior to you in every aspect of life.
natho_thebrainz

Con

For my opening case I shall just ask questions that I require to be answered for no information was required in the opening case of the affirming.

What is stopping children from accessing the drug and becoming addicted?
What is stopping drug people from faking illnesses in order to get drugs legally?
What is stopping people from growing the drug and selling it? e.g. what rules are you going to in place because in your setup you have told me nothing?
If patients have it for medical purposes what stopping them from smoking it? Smoking it has life-threatening effects on your respiratory system.
Marijuana has effects on your mental stability and health, you will have to influence laws for driving under marijuana? like will it be legal all of a sudden to drive while under influence of marijuana?
So if people were to start smoking it for medical purposes will they have to do it in a special air tight room? Because we wouldn't want to hurt children's health. Also where would all this money come from?
If it is released medically won't it eventually become available for public use?
Do the negatives not outweigh the positives? Imagine if marijuana was legalised, everyone suddenly would think that it's some GOD drug and everyone will want to use it for their health even when there are better options available. Unfortunately marijuana has effects on health lots, life making men infertile. Will there be a system in place to prevent these problems?
Do you not believe the release of marijuana will make us forget about trying to find other cures. It helps cure epileptic fits, so all of a sudden if you release this cure won't it prevent others from being developed. Others that would be less damaging to your health?
Also where are you going to get millions of dollars for all of the costs for this medical marijuana. It will cause lots of problems with infertile men etc which will lead to the need of more money to fix these problems. It like alcohol. When you get drunk and fall over money is spent in getting you to safety via ambulance etc. Where will the money come for these extra facilities?

Therefore I can conclude by asking you ladies and gentlemen to please look deeply into this case and realise that the negatives of legalising marijuana do outweigh the positives. Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe if this idea was to be brought forward in somewhat way the affirming team would struggle with the costs and the health of the people.
King-La-Ding

Pro

After further reading the questions posted by little con, it has occurred to me I should add some more description, and that I will do.

Here's what is stopping kids from accessing marijuana, age laws, I specifically did say adult. As for the next question, there is no reason to stop sellers from faking illnesses as legalization of recreational marijuana is also part of the debate. Nothing is stopping people from growing and selling this as long as they abide by normal safety regulation, why not, it should be a legal, regulated, and taxed industry. However like any product to be sold legally it would have to go through any regulations put in place. If patients have it for medical purposes, nothing is stopping them from smoking it if they are adults, same as cigarettes or alcohol. Driving while on marijuana would still be illegal obviously, I should have specified that. And sure if a patient is in a hospital and they smoked it for medical purposes they could be put in a certain insulated room or whatever doesn't seem like a big deal. And what do you mean where would all this money come from, the U.S government can afford medical marijuana, how much does it cost 100 million? That's peanuts to the U.S government who spends trillions yearly, and billions on fu(king pork barrel projects alone. And yeah it would be available for public use, I included recreational marijuana too. And the negatives outweigh the positives in leaps and bounds, but I'll get there next round. And this argument you make that tries to say everyone will think medical marijuana is the new drug that fixes all problems that every existed ever makes no sense, that's such a grandiose claim that you provided no evidence for, it hardly even makes sense. Look little con many many drugs affect male fertility it isn't a new thing, yes marijuana can affect fertility when used frequently, but antibiotics, blood pressure medication, and exposure to lead and mercury all also lead to potential fertility problems among others, so this isn't a new thing, or a valid argument, that's just a side effect of many many needed drugs. You asked if I think that if medical marijuana is federally legalized if i think that would cause everyone everywhere in the country to drop all medical research, again no I don't this is such a grandiose claim that it needs some sort of evidence to prove, and no medical research will still keep going even if marijuana is released that's obvious. And you asked where the government is going to get millions for additional research grants into medical marijuana, as well as some potential costs of ambulance services. How about millions of dollars is like fu(king peanuts for the U.S government, they can throw that in the trash and be fine. But since you wan't I'll propose a plan, the U.S spent over 4 billion dollars in taxes on pork barrel projects in 2016, since pork barrel projects are nothing but nepotism, we will cut pork barrel projects for the purpose of funding medical marijuana research.I'll start outlining the real pros with legalizing medical and recreational marijuana in the following rounds, little con can start with the negatives first if he wants.
Posted by King-La-Ding 11 months ago
King-La-Ding
It happens, but personally I believe you were scared to face the intellectual power of destructionization of King La Ding.
Posted by natho_thebrainz 11 months ago
natho_thebrainz
Im so sorry, was away for a couple of days and didnt get to reply.
Posted by ShaunTakesOn 12 months ago
ShaunTakesOn
@King-La-Ding, definitely a child. That lie was ridiculously immature.
Posted by King-La-Ding 12 months ago
King-La-Ding
Shaun I'm 93 years old and have over 7- mistresses my man but I appreciate your industriousness.
Posted by natho_thebrainz 12 months ago
natho_thebrainz
Sorry didn't read recreational, oops...
Posted by ShaunTakesOn 12 months ago
ShaunTakesOn
@King-La-Ding, your comment to me does not negate anything I stated. My statements still stand. Also, your constant use of "kiddo" along with the personality you display in your opening argument indicates that you are either a child and are attempting to project it onto others so that you will not be suspected of it yourself or have a maturity level equal to a child. In your case, marijuana should not be legal. You already indicate issues with logic and introducing mind altering substances will only make matters worse for you.
Posted by King-La-Ding 12 months ago
King-La-Ding
Then accept the debate bud, and please don't cry if you don't have an argument
Posted by jo154676 12 months ago
jo154676
People currently in prison, that is one of the disqualifiers for medical marijuana, in my state at least
Posted by King-La-Ding 12 months ago
King-La-Ding
oh and Shaun bud the rules apply to me and the opposition kiddo.
Posted by King-La-Ding 12 months ago
King-La-Ding
Hmmm so what groups of adult would it not be legal for kiddo?