Curci
Plasmatrix

Marijuana should be legalized

Plasmatrix

Curci

Pro

When used without effecting without anyone else, it is your personal choice that affects only you. Of course, the issue is a whole lot more complicated then that, and I'm looking forward to a debate. :)
Plasmatrix

Con

Interesting topic! This is my first debate, but I do have debating experience off-line.

I'll be happy to debate why marijuana should be illegal. I look forward to a good debate! :)
Curci

Pro

Alright I'll make this quick. Once you smoke marijuana, you affect yourself, and nobody else. It's not other peoples business to tell you what you can and cannot do to your own body. This is what most people who advocate for the legalization of marijuana say. Add to that prison sentences, and a blot on your permanent record , and it's a wonder that is has not been legalized yet.
Plasmatrix

Con

I would like to respectfully disagree with you, friend.

If smoking of marijuana was entirely a private issue and did not affect anyone else, usage of marijuana wouldn't even be a controversial issue. You see, marijuana severely impairs your judgment, mental health, and coordination. Your main argument is that 'its my body, so none of your business'. However, its been empirically proven that usage of marijuana causes an individual to double his or her chances of getting into a car accident. Obviously with car accident, you can easily hurt more than just yourself, and that's a reason to make sure marijuana is illegal to prevent harming others.

Not to forget, impairment of one's judgement and abilities are often associated with the transfer of sexually transmitted diseases or unprotected sex. Next thing you know, you could've infected yourself or a complete stranger that you had just met with some sort a sexually transmitted disease, thus marijuana will end up harming the health of other people besides yourself.

So if you believe doing pot is only going to affect yourself, you're entirely wrong. There is even recent studies showing that increased usage of marijuana is directly linked to increase in number of organized crime.

There is just no reason why marijuana should be legalized.
Curci

Pro

Curci forfeited this round.
Plasmatrix

Con

I respect my opponent's forfeiting. As stated before, marijuana harms everyone around you, thus the government has a legitimate interest in making marijuana illegal.
Curci

Pro

Curci forfeited this round.
Plasmatrix

Con

Curci

Pro

Curci forfeited this round.
Plasmatrix

Con

Plasmatrix forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Dakota-Hiltzman 2 years ago
Dakota-Hiltzman
CurciPlasmatrixTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.