drowningdreams
Aceviper2011

Marijuana should be legalized

drowningdreams

Pro

Weed should be legalized. If you can't handle the high and you let you're life fall that is your own fault. There are more people in this world of whom are very successful in life and smoke pot. We allow booze, which causes 37,000 annual deaths in the US alone! Booze can cause aggressive people, not just that but make some people do stupid things. Marijuana makes you chill out, and be the complete opposite of wanting a fight.
Weed helps in so many cases, there's a 7 year old girl in Colorado taking weed to help with a tumour she has in her chest. Kemo therapy did not help, and the parents did not want her to do shock treatment. The little girl, stopped eating, and started becoming very ill. The day of starting Marijuana she instantly became happy, she started eating again and over all became a better person.
There is no bad in weed, other then how the PERSON handles it.
Aceviper2011

Con

I want to first thank my opponent for posting up a good topic for this debate, I also want the readers to have an open mind to this kind of subject. Many of the readers might also in joy Marijuana during there free time at home or some place else. I would like to ask for all the readers to look at both sides of the situation at hand that has been giving to us.

First off there are to ways my open had laid on the table, recreational use also medical use of Marijuana, I will tackle each of them in order as laid out starting with recreational use to medical use. My opponent first opened his argument with "weed should be legalized. if you can't handle the high and you let your life fall that is your own fault. There are more people in this world of whom are very successful in life and smoke pot."
RE: Many people are different when it comes to substance like alcohol, drugs, herbs, it has been shown that Marijuana does effect many aspects of the brain. Some people do fight when they are on Marijuana, for example my cousin JJ smokes it all the time, and becomes bipolar as well as others I know, you may not always be calm and relax. My opponent hopefully does know that Marijuana is called a uncontrollable substance meaning when your high depending on the person it does have its affects. People whom has smoked Marijuana or becomes sorry to say a "pot head" has lost many things in life, it may not seem like it now but soon those will feel the effects if they continue. Poor way to attack this I know, my opponent also states that people whom smoked Marijuana are very successful, but yet has not shown proof of this accusation.
Time to move on: my opponent then brings up booze and the death toll caused by booze, in the U.S. alone, how booze can cause aggressive people, and make people do stupid things. Marijuana makes you chill out, and be the complete opposite of wanting to fight.
RE: Remember I said that Marijuana effects the brain, so yea booze does make things more complicated when your under the influence. Let me ask you something when you wrote this, is this just a small group of people or just you when your high and how it effects you only. Marijuana causes deaths also, unlike booze though, one of the Main deaths Marijuana can cause and you don't even have to be on the stuff, only just buying is a shooting for either oweing someone, or ripping people off. Booze you can go to the store and there you go, I mean yea booze can do the same while on the substance, but I never heard of anyone getting shot just purchasing at a store. Even when driving people just like booze can cause a wreck while under the influence. It has been proven, also while your high your chances of having a heart attack increases just like the rate of speed your heart increases while your high for 3 hours straight. Or have you ever considered while your relax and lets just say someone was at home, dieing, how would you react, but in your words you would be to relax and chilled not knowing what was going on, so basically you wouldn't care until the substance has died down in your system. So in a way Marijuana you may not die of overdose, but you can still die being on the stuff, or not on the stuff, or someone else could die while your smoking and not knowing because your to relax smoking weed. Marijuana does make people do stupid things you will be to high to notice.
FURTHUR MORE I WILL TACKLE STUPID THINGS IN THE NEXT ROUND IF GIVEN THE CHANCE.
As for recreational use you may think it doesn't harm people, but just like tobacco people wouldn't enjoy the smell like you think they would. Unless you come up with a better argument then this Marijuana will stay illegal in many states, why people actually think about the bad things Marijuana can lead to for recreational use, unlike just the clam of being CHILL AND CALM. Show more proof to your argument I got all kinds of proof that I will mention later in the debate.

Medical use of Marijuana a.k.a Cannabis:
My opponent brought up a 7 year old but yet no reports to his claim; so here is my claim, I will not deny that Marijuana can stop pain. My opponent does fail to see that many hospitals do provide the pill form of Marijuana, my opponent only wants to think about the recreational use of Marijuana, but the pill form of Marijuana is an option to go if one asks for it, that's just like most people who wants to make pot legal. No one see that Marijuana is legal in medical use, just a cut back from THC in a pill form. Just because most people want it for there personal gain to have fun, wow most only care about there needs anyways, doesn't recognize that it is used in a medical form, that's not good enough for you I understand. This is the reason why you will never have pot legal for those reasons. Not thinking about what long term affects this substance can have on the body, not understanding that Tar is produced 4x more then Tobbacco smoke, just like tobacco holds 33 chemicals of cancer causing. Just like I said above also cause an increase of a heartattack, which all been scientifically tested and proven. Lets just say one day your high you get in a car knowing that Marijuana effects the brain while your out you get in a car wreck killing a family, but why would you care your high.

As for medical yes Marijuana can do somethings for a medical point of view but it cannot cure, if that was the case then how come everyone in the world is not prone to cancer, or diseases, why do we still have such illness like them so its not a cure. Not only that did you know during a study trial that 8 people used nothing medical Marijuana as a treatment yea it helped out some but a year later they all died. I wonder why and I will give you the link of this trial: one just because it takes the pain away, it also slows down the immune system to not fully recognize and destroy all the cells completely. Also it could encourage cancer cells to grow by becoming immune or change from the Marijuana, making it more harder to kill the cancer cells. This article does state good things about marijuana but it does not ignore the bad/wrong things about the marijuana/cannabis plants. As for your 7 year old, can we see the article, or proof, and did it cure here from her sickness, whats the update.

So we took a look at both issues, yes Marijuana can be good if done more study with for MEDICAL PURPOSES, but that's not what this is really about, its more making it legal to the public for what reasons: as my opponent basically said "There is no bad in weed, other then how the person handles it" argument.

I can go on and on about medical purposes which I in a way agree with testing more for MEDICAL ONLY, but this debate is more about RECREATIONAL USE, my opponent still needs to justify why it should be legal for RECREATIONAL USE ONLY, and not bring medical use into this. so I ask my opponent to stay with RECREATIONAL USE ONLY for MEDICAL USE IS PROMITTED AND LEGAL to the ILL.

I do accept for medical full testing uses, not recreational just so those can go out smoke and not actually see the consequences behind the use of Marijuana. Marijuana is also a "gate way" substance. Your booze compare Marijuana argument to try and defend for recreational use can only go so far for both of them are dangerous, but booze isn't as dangerous as Marijuana. if you can prove me wrong please provide proof.

Remember this debate is Recreational Use not Medical Use. There is bad in weed. you may not die from overdose but you are more prone to die in another form. while either on it or not.

Now I will let my opponent post his argument why it should be legal in recreational use, showing proof on how it is not bad.

Resources:
My own brain
from experience
www.lung.com
www.scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org
drowningdreams

Pro

drowningdreams forfeited this round.
Aceviper2011

Con

Argument extended
drowningdreams

Pro

drowningdreams forfeited this round.
Aceviper2011

Con

Aceviper2011 forfeited this round.
drowningdreams

Pro

drowningdreams forfeited this round.
Aceviper2011

Con

Aceviper2011 forfeited this round.
Posted by Aceviper2011 2 years ago
Aceviper2011
ill post my argument here in a bit today. I do hope you have brought your A game