Marijuana should be legalized
Debate Rounds (4)
1.marijuana can be taxed which
would produce billions of dollars annually in
profit which in turn would help our nation get
out of debt.
2.Does not lead to or cause lung cancer
3.It is not addictive
4.Some people love it
1. Weight loss most people who smoke it are skinnier. The researchers at
the University of Nebraska, the Harvard
School of Public Health, and Beth Israel
Deaconess Medical Center analyzed data to
find that current pot smokers had a smaller
waist circumference than those who had
never used marijuana.
2.Diabetes. One of the most
common risk factors for diabetes is insulin
resistance and the researchers found that
the active ingredient in marijuana,
tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), may help the
body take in insulin.
3.Low levels of depression. those who consume
marijuana occasionally or even daily have
lower levels of depressive symptoms than
those who have never tried marijuana.
4.Consuming marijuana can limit
neurological damage after a stroke or trauma.
5.The THC in marijuana binds
to receptors in the nerves and muscles to
relieve pain. Marijuana's pain relieving ability
makes it beneficial to patients suffering
from multiple sclerosis, as the THC binds to
receptors in the nerves and muscles to
6.It's not news that marijuana
helps cancer patients when they undergo
chemotherapy, but a 2012 study found that
marijuana can play a role in curing aggressive
2. Marijuana causes throat cancer (read a book)
3. Marijuana causes brain abnormalities
4. Marijuana is addictive, while it does not contain addictive chemicals in it, but because the user likes it, they are going to get more, and more, and more, until they get into other drugs
5. Marijuana is a gateway drug for other drugs
6.It decreases sex drive and sperm count in men
7. Driving while high is extremely dangerous
8.Kids use it, which will probably ruin their lives
9.It could ruin your job future
10. Marijuana contains 10-20 times more tar than cigarettes
1. You said it would increase voilence rates high but put a certain amount on the market it will work and that won't happen at all
2. The brain abnormalities happen to amateur who smoke
3. It's a proved fact only 9% of all the people get personally addicted not because of the drug.
4. Look at in reality who drives when they are high on marijuana take a cab and you will be dropped home safe and sound.
5.If you take a reasonable amount it won't have any effect
6. Marijuana contains more tar but the more tar the less effective but tobbacco has less
Are you kidding me. Tar builds up in your lungs, making it hard to breath. Plus, when you are on marijuana, you tend to do stupid things. And, brain abnormalites come to anyoine who uses it. It does not cure cancer, but it may slow down the effects.
Thank you for this argument. You were good.
Tanakamunthali forfeited this round.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.