Mr0strich8020
Tumblrnatic

Marijuana should be legalized

Mr0strich8020

Mr0strich8020

Pro

My stance is that Marijuana should be legalized. Round one is Acceptance.
Tumblrnatic

Con

I accept this debate. I believe it should stay illegal. Out of curiosity is it all uses of marijuana?
Mr0strich8020

Pro

There have never been any recorded deaths related to marijuana. While smoking anything can cause cancer, the marijuana itself is not inherently worse for you than any other herb. You would face the risk of cancer if you were to smoke lavender. Since smoking has been shown to be harmful, there are other ways of consuming cannabis, for example in baked goods, vaporizers etc. These methods have absolutely no harmful effects.
When legalizing something such as this, it would be necessary to put forth the same restrictions as we do alchohol and tobacco rendering minors unable to purchase it.
It doesn't make sense that we spend billions of dollars a year in sending these non violent drug users to jail. What an individual decides to do with their health should not be up to the government to decide. As a consenting adult, one should have the right to put what they want into their bodies.
Tumblrnatic

Con

Tumblrnatic forfeited this round.
Mr0strich8020

Pro

I guess my opponent has forfeited the last round.
I have already said that it isn't unhealthy, it would be great for the economy and it is safer than legal drugs. For these reasons, it is reasonable to change the federal laws and legalize cannabis.
Tumblrnatic

Con

Tumblrnatic forfeited this round.
Posted by Mr0strich8020 1 year ago
Mr0strich8020
All the examples that you listed attempting to discredit marijuana, I believe are equally applicable to alcohol, tobacco, caffeine and many pharmaceutical drugs . Why are these legal when we know for a fact legal drugs such as these are much more harmful to your body, and are fatal in large dosages? I don't for a second believe that marijuana is inherently harmful, but is only bad in specific methods of consumption
To say that it is a crutch would be ignorant. Sure it can be abused, but then so can cheeseburgers. Any substance, legal or not, can be used to numb someone from reality, but the distinction that should be made is that the potential benefits of marijuana significantly outweigh the harm. I mean just look at the millions of people it benefits, who suffer from illnesses ranging from insomnia to cancer
Posted by GainWisdom 1 year ago
GainWisdom
That is a good question Mr0strich8020... My response would be, Getting high on any psychoactive drug, including marijuana, impairs one's judgment. Pot is known to keep people from reaching their potential. Although not physically addictive, pot can be habit-forming as psychological crutch. Drugs will not make one's problems disappear, they will only delay the onset of having to deal with problems and will often create more problems.

Me being a Christian, I am of course speaking from a Christian point of view.
Posted by Mr0strich8020 1 year ago
Mr0strich8020
Even then, why should the government have any control over what we consume?
Posted by GainWisdom 1 year ago
GainWisdom
Marijuana is good for something's. Harmful in other ways.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 1 year ago
Zarroette
Mr0strich8020TumblrnaticTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff