pingwa
NiamC

Marilen MInro commuted suicide

NiamC

pingwa

Pro

Good Luck
NiamC

Con

I accept. The BOP is completely on you in which you have to prove that "Marilen Mlnro" commuted (committed) suicide. All i have to do is negate your points.

The subject in this debate is Marilen Mlnro and suicide. Do you confirm this? (If you don't, this debate is invalidated because of the clear title and that there has been a change in the debate rules- conduct),

This is what happens when you type carelessly.

Good luck to my opponent.
pingwa

Pro

pingwa forfeited this round.
NiamC

Con

My opponent has forfeited. I withold my arguments for now.
I will give my opponent the chance of responding in the next round.
pingwa

Pro

Sorry I could not get back to you in the second round :(

Ok first off all I will talk about the room she died in.

Marlin locked her bedroom door and locked her window and it took the police 30 minutes to break in so no one could save her in time also she was in depression therapy and tried suicide before.
Please post your argument soon thank you.
NiamC

Con

Thank you for apologising about your forfeit in the previous round, but I would still like to say that this type of forfeiting of a round is always inconvenient for opponents, due to them having to wait and so on.

Rebuttals (not much to rebut...)

"Marlin locked her bedroom door and locked her window and it took the police 30 minutes to break in so no one could save her in time also she was in depression therapy and tried suicide before."
First of all, I would like to ask, who is Marlin? If I am right, the title and topic of this debate is whether a person by the name of Marilen Mlnro, had commuted suicide or not. The subject is Marilen Mlnro, not ....... Marlin or Marlin....... Also, your argument is semantically null because this person, who it may be, may have the same name as someone else. This is why I suggest that you should have specified about the subject/person i.e. whoever.

Rebuttal Conclusion
My opponent has not fulfilled his/her BOP in which he/she has not specified about the chosen subject. My opponent has not provided any justifiable arguments in which he/she has not backed them up, especially with there being no sources.

My Argument
My goal is that I have to sucessfully refute my opponent's points. I shall help do this now by proving that a "Marilen Mlnro" did not commit suicide. In fact, I shall go further by disproving that there is no such evidence or records about the suicide of a "Marilen Mlnro" at all.

Google is one of the largest sites on the internet which allows us to worldwide access of many major and minor achives whether medical, political or historical etc.
https://www.google.co.uk...

As you can see, there is only one search result for a "Marilen Mlnro"; this being a result linking to this exact webite page. There are no records of any person called Marilen Mlnro or even any suicide records of a person with this name.

I have successfully refuted and rebutted my opponents point. My opponent has not fulfilled the BOP. I have provided an argument which disproves the existence of someone called Marilen Mlnro and that there are no records of any suicide.

I rest my case.

I extend my argument in the next round and I look forwards to my opponents response.]

Note to my opponent; Always check and proof read the title of any debate, otherwise it can cause problems and can be of great advantage to an opponent.
pingwa

Pro

pingwa forfeited this round.
NiamC

Con

Vote Con.
Posted by NiamC 3 years ago
NiamC
Ha lol. I suppose so, but my opponent had never said "to" suicide, only "commuted suicide". Funny though.
One can only assume that he was supposed to be talking about Marilyn monroe. But who knows?
Posted by Malacoda 3 years ago
Malacoda
No,no,no NiamC! You've got it all wrong. Pro is saying Marilen (or Marlin) MInro commuted to suicide, which is probably where she works.
Posted by NiamC 3 years ago
NiamC
Indeed
Posted by Charliemouse 3 years ago
Charliemouse
haha con is about to kick butt
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 3 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
pingwaNiamCTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to Con for the forfeit by Pro. Such actions or lack thereof is rarely acceptable conduct in debates. Arguments - Con. He showed that there is no evidence of a person even being called Marilen Minro. This solidified his victory.
Vote Placed by Themba 3 years ago
Themba
pingwaNiamCTied
Reasons for voting decision: Repeated forfeiture and uncontested arguments.
Vote Placed by doomswatter 3 years ago
doomswatter
pingwaNiamCTied