dpotus
Pegicorn

Mario is (kinda) better than Sonic.

Started: 7/25/2015 Category: Games

dpotus

Pro

Many people think that Sonic is better than Mario because he's faster. However, I disagree. I'm not saying that Mario pwns over him, but when it comes to a fight, Mario is slightly better.
Pegicorn

Con

Hi, as the con, I will state my arguments.

Argument one: The only reason why Mario would win against sonic is that Mario has power up in the game. During a "fair" battle, sonic would "run circles" around Mario.

Argument two: Bowser isn't the smartest villain. Going from the last point, Bowser's plans usually revolve around kidnapping Princess Peach and then...what? Sit there and stare at her? His plans aren't usually very well thought out. After all, he isn't even literate. Meanwhile, Sonic's main nemesis is Dr. Robotnik. He's brilliant, with a mind-boggling IQ of 300. He builds massive, near impossible to destroy machines to stop Sonic. Can't beat that, can you Bowser?
"Source" http://www.negativeworld.org...
dpotus

Pro

Argument one: In a fight with no power ups or Emeralds, I still think Mario would win. Sure Sonic has a speed advantage, but Mario is capable of avoiding him. In game, he can dodge sound waves, energy blasts, and even lightning. I'm not saying Sonic is slower than Mario, but I just wanted to point out that Mario is able to defend and evade against him. Anyway, other than speed, Mario has all the advantages. He's superior to Sonic when it comes to strength, endurance, and experience. Mario can lift castles, giants, and he can take face plants into planets with ease. Sonic has never been seen to have super strength, and as far as we all know, his only abilities include running or spinning. Mario is shown to be a martial artist, as stated in SMRPG. He has his own style of fighting aptly named "Mario Style Fighting." This involves basic punches and kicks, as well as jumping, pyro kinesis, and hammer combat. While Sonic is skilled in some martial arts, Mario has his OWN.

Argument 2: I know it's pretty easy to say that Bowser isn't all too good at being evil, but it's also easy to prove he IS. When Bowser kidnaps Peach, it's usually so that he can take over the Mushroom Kingdom. Eggman on the other hand does what he does so that he can make an amusement park.... Not only that, but Bowser's also set out to take over the entire Earth, the Universe, and the Dream World. Eggman only wants to turn animals into robots. Sure he has a high IQ, but what does he do with it? Build robots? If he was really using his IQ, he would come up with better plans to destroy Sonic. He's way to goofy, and is hard to take seriously. Even his arch nemesis makes fun of him. When Bowser shows up, everyone knows it's going down.
Pegicorn

Con

Pegicorn forfeited this round.
dpotus

Pro

dpotus forfeited this round.
Pegicorn

Con

Pegicorn forfeited this round.
dpotus

Pro

dpotus forfeited this round.
Pegicorn

Con

Pegicorn forfeited this round.
dpotus

Pro

dpotus forfeited this round.
Pegicorn

Con

Pegicorn forfeited this round.