Mario needs to make peace with Bowser

There has been a vicious horrific war going since 1983 and it needs to stop. This war has affected several poor toads and their families, a dumb bimbo who keeps getting kidnapped and a Italian plumber and his brother (if you have a second controller).

My contentions:

1. Toad Torture Camps

I went on one of Mario's rescue attempts, and deep into the first castle we stumbled across one of these horrible sites, we saw a beaten sitting down Toad. He couldn't even speak he showed us a typed message saying "Our princess is in another castle". I thought we had saved him but he wasn't with us in the next level so I assume we left him to die. Had I known we were going to come across 6 more of these sites I would not have tagged along. Look at this graphic image if you dare.

2. Terrorist Groups

Bowser has angered many of his soldier so they went Rogue. We intercepted video from one of these groups, I believe they call them selves al-Qoopa. Mario and Bowser witnessed first hand the dangers of these groups and if this war doesn't stop they will continue to get angry and rebel.

3. Life Prices

Due to this war the price for lives has gone up like crazy due to the demand. Last time I checked it was 100 coins. Mario has Baby Mario to support how is Baby Mario supposed to get lives when daddy has to blow the whole budget on him self.

4. History

Remember Mario had a war with the Donkeys of Kong but peace was made and now Mario and Donkey Kong get along peacefully, on Mario Party Donkey Kong throws Mario to Stars.

5. Trade

Think of the all the goods the 2 sides can offer each other. Bowser has flying boats and an endless supply of throwing hammers. Mario has flowers that let you shoot fire balls and a strange reptile called a Yoshi that can eat enemies. Lets see al-Qoopa defeat that.

That's all I will say for know.

First of all, I'd like to thank my opponent for today's debate. It shall be interesting.
I shall start by refuting my opponent's contentions and then establish the overall position of the negative.

My opponent's first contention discusses toad torture camps. I shall not attempt to justify such horrid atrocities, but I condemn them as well. However, my opponent claims that if peace were to be made, the torture would cease. However, as the super Mario Wiki page on Bowser states, "Bowser has never been seen acting remorseful for his numerous atrocities and destruction to both the localized Mushroom Kingdom and the outer reaches of the universe." (1) If he has no remorse for such horrid atrocities, we cannot expect peace would change anything.

My opponent's second contention only shows the despicably of Bowser. My opponent is wrong to condemn Al-Qoopa however. If we share a common enemy we should unite to fight the evil that is Bowser. As it was said "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." If Bowser is evil enough to make his minions go rouge Bowser is not someone to be taken lightly.

The third contention of my opponent deals with the price of life. I admit that's high. If Mario had a choice I'd personally suggest waiting before entering a conflict. However there is rarely a choice. For example, in Super Mario Galaxy "Bowser attacked Rosalina's observatory and stole all the Power Stars and the Seven Grand Stars that powered the observatory. Bowser used these incredible stars to bring his entire fleet to the cosmos and take over many galaxies, planning to construct a galaxy reactor powered by the Grand Stars that would make all the galaxies collapse upon themselves." (2) The cost of life if Mario had not fought back would have greatly outweighed his own.

My opponent's fourth contention talked about how Mario had made a very beneficial piece with the Donkeys of Kong. However, it is stated that "Bowser's ultimate goal was to conquer the Mushroom Kingdom, and eventually, the entire universe." (1) Making peace with him very unlikely. Whereas the Donkey Kong is "Donkey Kong is the son of Mario's old enemy". (3) The Donkey Kong Mario is at peace with is the son of his enemy, showing he failed to reach true peace with the father.

My opponent's fifth and final contention discusses the possibilities of trade. However my opponent just discusses using those resources to fight the common enemy of Al-Qoopa. I negate this by imploring Mario to reach peace with Al-Qoopa in an effort to fight the true enemy of Bowser. So trade can resume without fear of Bowser.
Now to establish my own overall stance on the issue.

Bowser Does Not Allow Peace

Bowser always starts the conflict. (1) Mario is generally unprepared and thrust into a conflict. (2) Mario has tried time and time again to live in peace, but Bowser does not allow it. He destroys all peace talks. Also, with the toad rights violations of my opponents first contention, Bowser must be condemned. World War 2 was not ended because of practicality, we chose to keep fighting because the were wrong. The same could be said for Chris Redfield's performance in Raccoon City. (4) Some enemies are worth fighting.

sebasour forfeited this round.

Given my opponent was unable or did not post any arguments this round, I will not post any arguments myself to give my opponent a chance to reenter the debate next round on even ground.

sebasour forfeited this round.

axM62 forfeited this round.
Posted by axM62 6 years ago
This shall be interesting, my friend.
Posted by Nick11 6 years ago
This is probably the best debate I have ever seen.
Posted by InsertNameHere 6 years ago
Hahahaha! This debate is win.