RyozoTabikashi
Maikuru

Marvel Vs. DC. Who would Win??

Maikuru

RyozoTabikashi

Pro

i am going for Marvel. First round is acceptance
Maikuru

Con

The resolution is straightforward and semantics will not be a factor in this debate. I'm not sure whether we will be discussing 1-on-1 combat or some type of battle royale, but either way, I do not believe Marvel would be victorious over DC.

On these terms, I accept.
RyozoTabikashi

Pro

i believe that marvel will win due to the fact that no matter who DC throws out Marvel has two who can beat or match them. plus Marvel has Gods and Indestructible humans, while DC as aliens and Kryptionaians.Marvel also has the Avengers and The X-Men while DC has what.....the Justice League. matter what DC does Marvel wins, case closed.
Maikuru

Con

My opponent’s case was exceedingly vague, so there isn’t much to refute. Both sides have superhero teams and both sides have powerful characters. Simply pointing this out does not constitute a case. However, one thing is clear: this debate is intended to focus on a battle royale between the Marvel and DC universes. As it would be impossible to discuss every possible character and match-up, allow me to discuss 3 key factors that set DC apart and guarantee it victory on a large scale.

1. United They Stand

The logistics of such a large scale battle are staggering, and the universe capable of understanding and managing the thousands of moving parts involved is the one that stands the highest chance of victory. In this regard, DC has a decisive advantage.

The DC universe (DCU) has come together as a whole to combat grave threats multiple times. Some of their most famous and popular storylines - Crisis on Infinite Earths [1], Blackest Night [2], Zero Hour [3] - involved the collaboration of hundreds of heroes across multiple worlds and dimensions in order to defeat vastly more powerful entities and armies. The network of super-powered beings in DCU has become well established and refined during these conflicts, meaning that coming together again to defeat Marvel would be nothing new.

Marvel heroes, on the other hand, are better at battling each other than coming together as a united front. The Avengers battle the X-Men [4], humans battle mutants, and recently, the entire Marvel community fought against one another in Civil War [5]. In fact, the last time the Marvel universe battled against a common foe (who happened to be their fellow hero, Hulk, during World War Hulk [6]), it was a shambles. Heroes chose sides, team mates fought against team mates, no one worked together, and, to top it off, they lost! Imagine what would happen if they faced a cohesive fighting force. Speaking of which...

2. The Green (and Blue and Yellow...) Lanterns

Of the innumerable heroes and villains involved in this conflict, one of the most powerful would be Green Lantern. His power ring grants him more than a dozen abilities, including superhuman strength, speed, invisibility, and the ability to create any object, real or otherwise, that the wearer imagines [7, see: Powers]. He has stood toe to toe with DC’s strongest characters and is easily a match for anyone Marvel can throw at him.

That’s all common knowledge. What isn’t as commonly known, however, is that the DC universe contains OVER 7000 Green Lanterns! In an effort to police the entire DC universe, at least two members of every alien species are chosen to wear power rings identical to that of the original Green Lantern and work together as a highly trained military force: The Green Lantern Corps [8]. When these warriors descend upon the Marvel universe at faster-than-light speeds, absolutely nothing could stand in their way. This group alone could feasibly destroy Earth in moments, and with it the vast majority of Marvel’s resistance

To make matters even more dire for Marvel is the fact that there are 9 such corps: Green, Yellow, Red, Blue, Indigo, Violet, White, Black, and Orange [9]. The result is essentially an army of thousands upon thousands of super powered soldiers, each wielding one of the most powerful weapons in comic history and the expertise and experience to use it. Not only are the characters of Marvel unfamiliar with the ring’s technology, they have never faced a cohesive military strike team of such massive scale. They are wholly unprepared and unequipped to meet such a threat, and would be summarily destroyed.

3. Speed

If you are wondering what Marvel heroes will be doing during this attack, don’t bother. They won’t be doing anything. See, the third dominating factor of the DC universe is the unrivaled speed of its characters.

Think for a moment of all the DC characters who can move near the speed of light. There is the Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern...and those are just the ones that immediately come to mind. Indeed, once you include all the other Lanterns, Flashes, Kryptonians, and Martians, there are countless DC heroes and villains capable of thinking, reacting, and fighting at light speeds. Now, think of all the Marvel characters who could beat these guys in a race. If you’re having difficulty, you aren’t alone. That’s because they contain maybe a half-dozen such characters, all of whom lack the power and experience of their DC counterparts (I’m looking at you, Quicksilver). Thus, when it comes to a large scale war, Marvel will be largely obliterated within seconds by heroes they cannot see, let alone defend against.

There are additional arguments available in my favor, but I have already shown how Marvel essentially stands no chance in this conflict and would be dominated within moments of the starting bell.

References

1. http://dc.wikia.com...
2. http://dc.wikia.com...
3. http://dc.wikia.com...
4. http://en.wikipedia.org...
5. http://marvel.wikia.com...
6. http://marvel.wikia.com...
7. http://dc.wikia.com...
8. http://dc.wikia.com...
9. http://dc.wikia.com...
RyozoTabikashi

Pro

Well I can see that you did some of our research on the marvel vs DC concept, and I would like t thank you for your wonderful arguments.
I would like to rebuttal some of your arguments and let you know what I think about them.

1.United They Stand

Sure you have the Justice League and the Green Laturn Corps, but come on, if you remember they had a hard time at first coming together and working as a team. sure Superman and Batman teamed up the biggest problem was none other than....Batman himself. he doesn't trust others easily and for good reason too. also they have a problem working as a team. The Flash doesn't like waiting for plans or orders, he is one to get out there and run in the open, so knowing this you think he would pan for a fight vs Marvel, nope he would run out there and finish it himself. Also you got people like Wonder Woman, who has to defend her home before anything else. attack her home and she can't help, so how is that united? this goes to show a way around their Unity.

Green Laturn, really. that's who you go with. well let me explain something to you. each color ring has a weakness to another. for example, the green ring will NOT work against anything yellow. so all we have to do in Marvel is make sure the person fighting has yellow or whatever color that negates the ring and that will stop the Green Laturn Corps in their tracks. but I give credit where it is due, he is a good fighter.

3. Speed

So you are going to count on the Flash and Superman for speed. well good luck. where as you may have speed we have Teleporters, people who drain your powers, and other I will mention in a few. so anybody who you think has speed won't work. For example, Telekinetic such as Phoenix and Professor Xavier, they will be able to read the thoughts and intentions of the "speed demons" and control them to do their will or predict their movements.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

now that I have stopped my opponents arguments time to make some of my own.

1. We have a more diverse range of powers.

Whereas DC has speed, strength, and shape shifting, we have a more diverse range of powers. think about it, superman, super boy, super girl, what do they have in common? Everything, just repeats of the original, (not that I don't like DC, just making a point,) where as we got our strength, (Hulk, She-Hulk, The Thing, Collusious, Juggernaut,), our Telekinetic, ( Jean Grey, Professor Xavier, Aqua man in a way, Phoenix,), Our Indestructible, (Wolverine,) and a lot of others.

2. We have Teamwork also, just in a more advance way.

What I mean by this is we have teamwork, but all over the world. We have the Avengers (including Spider man), and Fantastic Four in New York.
The X-Men where ever they are needed.
The Vigilantes such as Daredevil and such.
so knowing this while the Justice League are in their tower, we have teams in many different places.

3. Don't forget the Villains :)

Oh yeah I am bringing them into this. As far as I remember they are also part of Marvel. who made the rules say Villain's can't join the fun. And I do believe that Supers and Villain's have teamed up before, and Professor X and Magneto were best friends before, so the brotherhood would help, (even if it is so Magneto will be the only one to kill Professor X.)

with this being said I give the floor to my opponent.

WWW.marvel.com/
Maikuru

Con

I thank Pro for his response. I have reviewed his case more than once and find no convincing arguments in his favor. I continue to reject the premise that Marvel would defeat DC in combat.

1. United They Stand

I argued that the DCU has come together as a whole and emerged victorious against incredibly powerful forces before. In response, Pro states that Batman, Wonder Woman, and Flash are not team players. In truth, each is a founding member of the Justice League and has worked alongside other heroes countless times. They were each involved in the story lines I referenced - Crisis on Infinite Earths, Blackest Night, and Zero Hour - and cooperated seamlessly with the rest of the DCU. If memory serves, Flash actually sacrificed his life during Crisis on Infinite Earths to save countless worlds. Seems like a team player to me.

I also explained that Marvel is the exact opposite of DC in this regard, showcasing a history of in-fighting, mistrust, broken allegiances, and civil wars. In response, Pro said...nothing. That’s because Marvel sells comics by creating internal drama among its characters. What’s good for business, though, is bad for this debate. Thus, from the very start of this battle, while Marvel squabbles over pre-existing differences, the DCU would be familiar with the premise of working together and immediately jump into action.

2. The Green (and Blue and Yellow and Red...) Lanterns

Pro believes that Green Lanterns are vulnerable to the color yellow. I’m afraid he is behind the times, as that weakness was removed years ago during the Parallax story arc [1, see: Parallax] [2, see: Force Field]. As such, these powerhouses will make short work of the Marvel universe. Remember, the Green Lantern Corps contains more than 7,000 soldiers, and there are 9 such corps in the DCU. Each soldier possesses a power ring capable of faster-than-light travel, super strength, invisibility, and creating any weapon imaginable immediately. There literally isn’t a single Marvel character who could stop them.

3. Speed

Pro concedes that Marvel does not have characters nearly as fast as those in the DCU. Instead, he hopes that teleporters and mind-readers will save them. That’s not happening. Such characters can only react as fast as their human minds allow. Professor X isn’t going to be able to predict the movements of someone coming at him at the speed of light; telepaths and teleporters require time and concentration to make use of their abilities. By the time any of them form a thought, they have already been destroyed a hundred times over. Keep in mind that there are thousands of DC characters capable of such speed, meaning no one in Marvel is safe.

Counter-Arguments

1. Range of Powers

Marvel characters have a range of powers. Interesting. So does DC. See what I did there? Until Pro can explain exactly what powers are capable of defeating 10,000+ unstoppable, invisible, highly trained soldiers flying at the speed of light, this argument means nothing.

2. Marvel Heroes are Dispersed

Pro does more harm to his case than he realizes. He brags about Marvel heroes being located around the world while DC heroes are close together. Given that we are discussing a massive battle between the two, doesn’t it make sense that being spread out, away from your allies, would be a bad thing? He’s right about the Justice League; their base is located in space. Their base also contains a teleporter capable of transporting members all over the globe [3, see: Satellite League]. Marvel heroes, isolated and ignorant of the battle, would be picked off quickly and quietly.

3. Don’t Forget the Villains

Pro intends to include villains in the battle (a concept I have already mentioned multiple times), but does not explain how or why this would matter. Remember, the entire Marvel universe, heroes and villains, would be destroyed in moments by an army of Kryptonians, Martians, Amazons, Lanterns, and people moving faster than any X-Man or Avenger could even perceive. In addition, DC has at least 12 super hero teams [4, see: Teams] which would also be in the mix. Throw in DC's villains and it's pretty much game over.

References

1. http://tinyurl.com...
2. http://dc.wikia.com...
3. http://dc.wikia.com...
4. http://dc.wikia.com...
RyozoTabikashi

Pro

OK, well you asked for a character who can win against DC's peed. i give you two. Captain Universe and Eternity. without Eternity everyone dies. so all i say is he can kill all of DC because He is every living thing and every living thing is him; thus he controls everything in all plains of existence.

Captain Universe is a being who generally possesses superhuman strength, flight, Uni-Vision (microscopic vision, X-ray vision, and telescopic vision), telekinesis, enhanced senses, and a psychic awareness of imminent danger; when a person already possessing one or more of these abilities was transformed into Captain Universe, those abilities were amplified by vast amounts. Some manifestations of the Uni-Power have demonstrated other, less common abilities as well as failing to exhibit some of the more 'usual' powers, which vary in intensity with each wielder according to the strength and imagination of each. Captain Universe usually possesses the ability of molecular rearrangement of organic and inorganic matter, transmutation of elements, the ability to fire bursts of energy and concussive force, and hypnosis (using the Uni-Vision energy)

marvel.com/universe/Eternity
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Universe
Maikuru

Con

In his final round, Pro conceded the majority of my case and dropped all of his arguments completely. As his sole remaining point is flawed, he has essentially conceded this debate. Allow me to briefly summarize my points and briefly discuss his new argument.

My Case

1. United They Stand - Pro conceded this point. The DCU has worked as a cohesive, unstoppable fighting force on multiple occasions. They would be well prepared to do so again in this case, assuring them an early start and eventual victory. Marvel, on the other hand, is full of internal conflict and turmoil. They would be unable to cooperate on a large scale and would be torn apart quickly.

2. The Green (and Blue and Yellow and Red...) Lanterns - Pro concedes this point. In this battle, Marvel would face an army of at least 10,000 super powered soldiers, each wielding a weapon of limitless power. No Marvel character would survive.

3. Speed - Pro offers two cosmic-level characters as a solution to Marvel's lack of speed. I wanted to keep god-like characters out of this because they are no fun, but if that's how Pro wants to play it, I'll go along. Here's why Eternity and Captain Universe would die:

Eternity is the embodiment of all life in the Marvel universe, not the DCU. Thus, he could not simply kill all of DC, as Pro claims, because they are not a part of him. Instead, with the death of each Marvel character, Eternity weakens. Eventually, as the last life forms in the Marvel universe are destroyed, he would simply cease to exist. If he attempts to interfere, he would be met by a much more powerful entity: The Presence [1]. DC's version of God, The Presence is omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient, and responsible for all life and death in the multiverse. He could literally will all of Marvel out of existence. Do you see how not fun that is?

Captain Universe is an entity, traveling from life form to life form. Again, once all life in Marvel is extinguished, he will cease to exist. When he does inhabit someone's body, he's just another powerful character, similar to Superman, Darkseid, Anti-Monitor, and paling in comparison to The Presence. Pro presents no case for how he or Eternity would matter at all in this battle. In truth, they'd both be overwhelmed by stronger characters and greater numbers.

My Opponent's Case

Pro drops each of his original arguments. As such, he presents no affirmative case for the resolution and cannot win this debate. DC would clearly dominate Marvel in a conflict and Pro doesn't present a single reason to believe otherwise.

I thank Pro again for this debate and the readers for sticking around. I hope you enjoyed the discussion!

References

1. http://tinyurl.com...
Posted by JoseKuervo 3 years ago
JoseKuervo
Yeah and you make me cry for your ineptitude. Every time I prove you wrong you bring a new opponent. I could easily prove you wrong again but what's the point? You going to come up with someone else.
Posted by nlg123 3 years ago
nlg123
HAHA you are so funny, you say I am a brick wall when you too choose to ignore the fact that I named 6 characters that the same powers as superman prime exept better. You don't think that living trinubial will live to the end of time , beyonder, ONE ABOVE ALL? I never said Superman Prime couldn't beat the celestials, I was only bringing them in to say that making you own universe is no that big of a feat. also on the other debate that you posted on even after hulk being beat up 3 times by superman is he still alive? yes i was not saying that sure they could end up what you would call losing the fight but guess what he is still alive and kicking. you make me laugh.
Posted by JoseKuervo 3 years ago
JoseKuervo
I am done actually... to talk to you is to talk to a wall...as Marikuru so beautifully stated it in his debate... Marvel loses.... I am sorry you cannot accept that. I am a fan of both... but the reality is Marvel is more grounded and DC characters are god like.. this is reality. get real.. Deadpool actually killed the ENTIRE marvel universe on one of his titles.........

I beat you at your game and now you bring up the Celestials..... you are hilarious, Prime can just undo the Celestial from even existing with just a thought. You obviously know nothing about the Celestials.....They are all Galactus level more or less.

Now before I go, there is one more power Superman Prime or any Superman has that will always make him superior. The writer writing the comic book. No matter what you throw at him.. he will always win at the end.

Why is it so hard for you to accept this? The DC wiki itself says Superman Prime will live until the end of time.. this means NO ONE BEAT HIM...... You said " If you happen to find a website that is more reliable than DC databanks then please leave it in the comments" I did...... the end.
Posted by nlg123 3 years ago
nlg123
WOO! one DC character with NIGH omnipotence (not including spectre). Creating a universe is not that big of an acomplishment Celestials do it all the time and there are billions of celestials so clap for superman. I can name 6 people with full omnipotence 1. Whoever weilds the heart of the universe. 2. who ever weilds the infinity gauntlet. 3. Eternity 4. One above all 5. living trinubial 6. beyonder. Once again i say galactus was not my strongest choice in fact i will take it back.

Is it a problem to you that I have high moral standard?

I do not belive that the video was 100% true.

If you want to stop go ahead.
Posted by JoseKuervo 3 years ago
JoseKuervo
And seriously? you used a fan video as an argument? lol please. stop.

Here is someone breaking it down for you with actual DC art.

http://www.screwattack.com...

And yes maikuru , you won and rightfully so.
Posted by JoseKuervo 3 years ago
JoseKuervo
Please stop arguing with me about a subject YOU are JUST learning about and something I have know for years.. once again you have the wrong links.. Although it seems to me they have updated these pages and removed the list of power from his actual page since the last time I read it .... that said , on one of your links it states but you chose to ignore : "Because of the extensive time, effort and experimentation given to Superman throughout his life he achieved an incredible level of power, effectively making him a 'god' and easily one of the most powerful beings in the DC Universe"

DC's website quoted Superman Prime 1 million to be second to the presence only once. They took it off. But it was there. And thanks to the Internet Archive , here is the original Superman Prime wiki WITH the list or powers and abilities ... notice were it says Nigh-Omnipotence, Nigh Omnipresence, Nigh-Omniscience. It is also believed All Star superman is a prequel to this version of Superman.

I do not lie.. again please stop

http://web.archive.org...

Then we have this, Prime took the smallest fragment of krypton and brought everyone back to life and the planet. Made Lois like a demi God by having little bit of Dna. Galactus has a weakness he gets hungry Prime has zero flaws and is far more stronger than Kal-Kent and his powers are reality warping. He freaking made his own universe.....Galactus has no such Feat.

http://static.comicvine.com...
http://static.comicvine.com...
http://static.comicvine.com...

Now please stop arguing... just accept it. oh you gonna report me? what are we 5? Can't take a little humor? Anyway... please stay on topic... your list of shows are all made by Netflix....so we will see how good those will
Posted by Maikuru 3 years ago
Maikuru
Marvel, DC, in end, none of that matters. What matters, I mean what really matters. is that I won.
Posted by nlg123 3 years ago
nlg123
sorry about the music i didn't make the video.... so if you watch it just turn off the sound
Posted by nlg123 3 years ago
nlg123
http://superman.wikia.com...(One_Million) , http://dc.wikia.com... are supermans wiki page and the other is from the most reliable source, DC database and neither one says anything about omnipotence so either the DC databanks are lying or you are. If you happen to find a website that is more reliable than DC databanks then please leave it in the comments. here is a video that you would enjoy but i realize that they are not all marvel. . All of superman prime's websites say he is mentally instable because of lois and many other factors. Phoenix or professor X could easily exploit that weakness. Why doen't he just spin the world backwards and go back in time and live with her. *face palm*. OK maybe Galactus wasn't my strongest choice but living trinubial and beyonder are good canidates. There are many many more cosmic entities that we often forget about. Sorry but once again off topic 1. marvel has 5 new series coming soon which are iron fist, luke cage, jessica jones, dare devil, and agent carter. 2. Who really enjoyed man of steel it is a total face palm. Hey let's not swear ok or i'll report you.
Posted by JoseKuervo 3 years ago
JoseKuervo
And seriously DC outsell Marvel comics constantly. Gee Aquaman outsold all Marvel titles 2 January's ago. But yes off topic
Vote Placed by SuperRobotWars 5 years ago
SuperRobotWars
RyozoTabikashiMaikuruTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had better grammar [first letter of all sentences are to be capitalized], better sources, and had better arguments.
Vote Placed by jwesbruce 5 years ago
jwesbruce
RyozoTabikashiMaikuruTied
Reasons for voting decision: Too many light arguments and drops by PRO.
Vote Placed by THEBOMB 5 years ago
THEBOMB
RyozoTabikashiMaikuruTied
Reasons for voting decision: PRO eventually dropped his entire original argument (based probably upon how CON case and refutations were devastating to theirs) and made a new one in the last round. Conduct- CON. Furthermore, this new argument really was not all that good. CON showed how for ever "god" PRO brings up there is a more powerful "god" on CON's side. Arguments- CON. Overall, PRO got his @ss kicked.....