Retardedpenguin
tronaldtrump

Marvel or DC Universe?

Retardedpenguin

Pro

I'm interested to hear what people have to think on this, as I've heard both sides. my personal opinion is that Marvel have better heroes and DC have better villains. If you want mention your fave hero/villain in your comment.
tronaldtrump

Con

Hello, I gladly accept your challenge to prove that the D.C Universe has provided its fan base with higher quality comics and movies than its rival marvel.
Retardedpenguin

Pro

I will be arguing that Marvel is better, these are my reasons why. Good luck mate, but I think you chose the losing side. Also, Gangsta_Bob, this is just about anything to do with the types

I think that Marvel is better.

My first reason that Marvel is better because they have more series of movies, and in my opinion, the movies are better.

Marvel Movies, Series

1. Spiderman
2. Iron Man
3. Captain American
4. Hulk
5. Deadpool
6. Antman
7. Avengers
8. Guardians of the Galaxy
9. Fantastic 4

DC MOVIES (As far as I know)

1. Batman
2. Superman
3. Batman v.s. Superman

Look at that chart. There are only two superheroes in those movies, Batman and superman. Even though they are famous, there are way more in Marvel. Avengers itself has 7 charecters, Guardians of the Galaxy, and also The Fantastic Four has 4 charecters each. DC movies have was less charecters, which means that of course there will be less fun because mostly, less charecters makes less fighting. I believe that Marvel Movies are much more fun than DC movies.

My second reason is about cost. Marvel gets much more money.

"The success of the latest Batman film series, which made $2.5 billion in global revenue stream from 2005-2012, is credited to director Christopher Nolan. In many ways, the film is an auteur piece, largely driven by Nolan"s ambitious storytelling vision. The same success cannot be said for other films based on DC comics; Catwoman, Jonah Hex, and Watchmen all panned at the box office.
Marvel has released consecutive hits. Iron Man made over $585 million in 2008, and as of 2014, Robert Downey Jr. is the highest paid actor in the world. Guardians of the Galaxy became the top August debut of all time in North America, grossing $94 million. Other films such as Thor made world-wide totals over $449.3 million, andThe Avengers made a staggering $1.5 billion. Avengers: Age of Ultron has made $1.4 billion worldwide, so far, according to Box Office Mojo. " [1]

You might think that this is against my side. However the data of the Batman series is for 7 years, that means that Iron Man itself will be over 3.5 billion, giving this to me.
You also might think, "Who cares about how much money they get?"

But this is important. Getting more money means that more people are watching the movies, which makes them more famous. This shows that Marvel is much more famous then DC. This means that Marvel is a better movie.

Okay. He has suits which are hard to break, and very strong, also very smart. They have laser, can shoot and can fly. Not just one, he has 52 suits.

I have filled to BoP because I answered all questions.
tronaldtrump

Con

Well, I agree that marvel had made much more at the box office than dc, however, Dc movies have much higher fan and critic praise. Christopher nolans the dark knight is the third highest rated movie in the world, only topped by the shawshank redemption and the godfather. Second of all, dc had animated many movies that don't go to theaters. Batman, mask of the phantasm was one of the most critically acclaimed animations dc has made. It set the stage for hundreds of other tv shows and movies both marvel and dc. Also if like to state that I am also arguing for comic books as well. Dc's watchmen is the most critically acclaimed graphic novel of all time and it made times list of 100 best novels since 1923. Dc's has some of the best writers such as Alan Moore and frank Miller, leading them to create much higher quality comic books than marvel. Third, I would like to point out that marvel is owned by Disney, a company that is not taken seriously by many people because of the fact that it produces childish movies that don't always appeal to a major audiance. Also, Dc is older than marvel, and marvel has gotten many ideas from dc. The character deadpool is a parody of dc's death stroke. Lastly, dc produces many popular video games such as the batman Arkham series and injustice: gods among us (two recent games) and marvel produces almost no mainstream games. In conclusion dc may be less popular with a mainstream crowd, but for comic book readers, dc is the better choice
Retardedpenguin

Pro

Retardedpenguin forfeited this round.
tronaldtrump

Con

tronaldtrump forfeited this round.
Retardedpenguin

Pro

Retardedpenguin forfeited this round.
tronaldtrump

Con

I was sick during the last round so I will conclude here. Dc has superior character development and deeper stories. Marvel rips off dc's characters like darkseid and green arrow. In conclusion, dc's produces superior comics and characters.
Posted by Overhead 1 year ago
Overhead
Also, a 90 day voting period? Wowza.
Posted by Overhead 1 year ago
Overhead
I will fight anyone who thinks DC is currently better than Mervel >:D

That said I will also fight anyone who disses Superman as bad!
Posted by Retardedpenguin 1 year ago
Retardedpenguin
fire_wings why do u think i made two of the same argument and took two opposite sides?
Posted by fire_wings 1 year ago
fire_wings
plag from Pro

http://www.debate.org...
Posted by Retardedpenguin 1 year ago
Retardedpenguin
Gangsta_Bob: nah its just about wether marvel or DC is better overall
Posted by Gangsta_Bob 1 year ago
Gangsta_Bob
I'm sorry, is this a debate about the characters about Marvel Universe fighting the characters of the DC Universe? lol