lord_megatron
agentmasterdog

Marvel (pro) vs DC (con)

lord_megatron
Started: 5/30/2016 Category: Movies

lord_megatron

Pro

All DC has is the Dark Knight movies. Marvel has done much better than that, although avengers 2 and civil war were bad movies, BvS was a terrible fail as well.
agentmasterdog

Con

I accept this challenge. DC is better than Marvel because more intresting storylines and more creative heroes.
lord_megatron

Pro

If anyday Superman seems to be a creatively made feasible hero, please go to the doctor's clinic, I will pay the bill. Superman has always been OP (over-powered) and has no weaknesses except kryptonite. I am surprised among all his random powers, he didn't get telekinesis and time-travel. Marvel doesn't make such OP villains or heroes. While it tries to keep its heroes alive for too long, DC didn't even give a proper death to Superman in BvS, and Batman seems to be immortal. Apart from the Dark Knight Trilogy, do you know any other good DC movie to brag of? Marvel's Avengers 1, Deadpool, Captain America 1 and 2, X-men (it did have the Marvel logo), Iron Man 1 and 2, Antman, Thor 1 and 2 etc. etc. have been great. Moreover, through SHIELD, all these individual character stories have been connected, while DC is still preparing Justice League.
agentmasterdog

Con

agentmasterdog forfeited this round.
lord_megatron

Pro

So to conclude, as con forfeited I win.
agentmasterdog

Con

You didn't win yet. I was just very busy taking Finals tests this week I couldn't get back to you. I was very busy.

One reason that DC is better is because iconicity. In other words, DC heroes are larger than life, you can't say that about Marvel. Just think about it, if Superheroes were real our world would look more like DC's. Also, the Movie themes are a lot more better with DC. In DC Films, heroes such as Batman take on the World. Especially Cristopher Nolan's version if Batman. Marvel's movies take on a lighter mood, which is a lot more boring and less intresting. Heroes like Batman and Superman are intent at all times to catch villains. Marvel heroes? Not so much. Marvel also took from DC's Characters. Deadpool-Deathstroke is a prime example. Although I do admit Deadpool is cooler. DC is also ahead in television production. DC has shows like Arrow, the Flash and Gotham. Marvel has none. Agents of Shield was just cringeworthy. That's why DC is better.
Posted by yomama12 1 year ago
yomama12
I prefer Adam West's batman...XD
Vote Placed by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
lord_megatronagentmasterdogTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro argued that the marvel characters were not S ridiculously op as superman which lrovides for better story telling. Con forfeits a round and arguesbonly in the final round. I will not count final round arguments as pro had no chance to respond