Marvel vs DC Universe

Marvel or DC? Comment your favorite hero/villian

I will be arguing that Marvel is better because Pro did not decide. BoP is on Pro. Pro is asking a question, so if I just say and answer these two questions, it is my win as I filled to BoP. Pro wins if I fail to answer these questions, like if I miss one. But it is almost impossible for Pro to win.

I think that Marvel is better.

My first reason that Marvel is better because they have more series of movies, and in my opinion, the movies are better.

Marvel Movies, Series

1. Spiderman
2. Iron Man
3. Captain American
4. Hulk
5. Deadpool
6. Antman
7. Avengers
8. Guardians of the Galaxy
9. Fantastic 4

DC MOVIES (As far as I know)

1. Batman
2. Superman
3. Batman v.s. Superman

Look at that chart. There are only two superheroes in those movies, Batman and superman. Even though they are famous, there are way more in Marvel. Avengers itself has 7 charecters, Guardians of the Galaxy, and also The Fantastic Four has 4 charecters each. DC movies have was less charecters, which means that of course there will be less fun because mostly, less charecters makes less fighting. I believe that Marvel Movies are much more fun than DC movies.

My second reason is about cost. Marvel gets much more money.

"The success of the latest Batman film series, which made $2.5 billion in global revenue stream from 2005-2012, is credited to director Christopher Nolan. In many ways, the film is an auteur piece, largely driven by Nolan’s ambitious storytelling vision. The same success cannot be said for other films based on DC comics; Catwoman, Jonah Hex, and Watchmen all panned at the box office.

Marvel has released consecutive hits. Iron Man made over $585 million in 2008, and as of 2014, Robert Downey Jr. is the highest paid actor in the world. Guardians of the Galaxy became the top August debut of all time in North America, grossing $94 million. Other films such as Thor made world-wide totals over $449.3 million, andThe Avengers made a staggering $1.5 billion. Avengers: Age of Ultron has made $1.4 billion worldwide, so far, according to Box Office Mojo. " [1]

You might think that this is against my side. However the data of the Batman series is for 7 years, that means that Iron Man itself will be over 3.5 billion, giving this to me.

You also might think, "Who cares about how much money they get?"

But this is important. Getting more money means that more people are watching the movies, which makes them more famous. This shows that Marvel is much more famous then DC. This means that Marvel is a better movie.

Now enough explaining of why I think marvel is the better movie, I will go to the second part of my opponents question. He said comment on your favorite hero/ villian. Because I have no favorite villian, but strongest, is abomination.

s://; alt="" width="200" height="117" data-file-width="412" data-file-height="241" />

Look at that. He almost beat Hulk, who is strong, he must be the strongest villian.

My favorite superhero is Iron Man.

A Iron Man 01

Iron-Man-launches-himself-at-Lokis-hovering-ship gallery primary

Okay. He has suits which are hard to break, and very strong, also very smart. They have laser, can shoot and can fly. Not just one, he has 52 suits. [2]

All Iron Man suits so far From the movies movies

He has a lot of strong suits, each with different things. Like 23, which can explode, or the big ones. I think that Iron Man is the best superhero.

I have filled to BoP because I answered all questions. Vote for Con.

Thank you. Vote for Con!

Sup man, here are my reasons why DC is better. I didn"t choose either side for the simple reason that comparing marvel and dc is like comparing a red apple to a green apple. Some like one and some like the other.

Darker and more adult material

Marvel films have thus far been adventures that rarely ever toe the line of being adult material. All the movies are safe bets for parents looking for material to view with their young kids. There haven"t been terribly complicated emotional arcs and most of the dialogue seems pretty suited to movies for audiences 13 and under.
Marvel has proven they are virtually uninterested in their more adult and dark characters like Ghost Rider, The Punisher and Blade. Though they have teamed with Netflix to create series for characters like Daredevil, it remains to be seen whether these shows will be as simple and kid friendly as stuff like Agents Of Shield or not.
DC and Warner Brothers have proven already that they are interested in pushing the envelope and delving into more mature material with films like Man Of Steel and The CW"s Arrow. DC"s interest in allowing characters to blossom beyond simple cliche and running gags makes their filmverse better than Marvel"s because they have proven themselves as being more interested in the unique and creative visions of people like Zack Snyder, David Goyer and Christopher Nolan. In the meantime, Marvel is interested is pushing product. They want to create accessible and broad Disney branded features that prefer creativity and risk to play second fiddle.

There is more secrecy

One of the most annoying elements to Marvel releases is hearing everyone involved talk about the next big superhero movie in the can. It"s never about enjoying the material that is out, it"s about figuring out how the material ties into the next thing"and the next thing. Marvel is open about their "Phases" and how they go together.
DC, on the other hand, has been more than quiet. They share virtually nothing which is refreshing and helps audiences to enjoy their films for what they are rather than what they are going to be. Despite the studio already having a plan for Batman and Superman to intermingle when Man of Steel was released, nothing was mentioned in the press junkets. There were just a couple of easter eggs in the movie hinting at Bruce Wayne and Lex Luther"s existence within the universe.
By keeping mum and not teasing people about what comes next, Man of Steel was a film that stood on its own two feet as a reintroduction of Superman in a more thoughtful way. DC seems to be continuing the quiet trend as they release little to nothing to do with Batman Vs. Superman. Rumors are everywhere about what the title would be or what characters will show up, but DC says nothing about that film or their upcoming films. Meanwhile, Marvel"s next Avengers film has been teased and teased and will probably be teased some more.

I"ll bring some more points on the next argument. You think you have the upper hand, but I"ve barely begun :) good luck

I've won the debate. My opponent gave me questions, I answered it. In short, I won the debate already. I will start rebutting my opponent's case.

1. Darker and more adult material

My opponent says that DC movies are more adult material then marvel. This is false because of two ways. The first way is because my opponent gives no evidence, so this is easily a bare assertion. The other way is because my opponent has to explain why DC is better as he says, but then more adult material doesn't make DC "better."

2. There is more secrecy

My opponent says that in Marvel, you know that the good guys will win. In DC too. Did Batman ever lose? No. So it is the same, not just Marvel. Actually some superheros in Marvel die, like in Avengers age of Ultron, Scarlet's brother dies, and he is a superhero. So this argument is not that great, because Marvel can do these things also.

My opponents arguments are all a lack of explanation. Anyways, because I answered my opponents questions, I win the debate. Thanks for this debate, Vote for Con.

July comic book share

More people like Marvel as the chart shows. Vote for Con!

Retardedpenguin forfeited this round.

Posted by whiteflame 7 months ago
>Reported vote: queencoop// Mod action: Removed<

1 points to Pro (Conduct). Reasons for voting decision: Con saying they one the debate is very cocky and bold therefore he does not win my vote.

[*Reason for removal*] While voters are allowed some discretion with regards to conduct, the voter is not allowed to treat perceived cockiness or boldness in the debate as a reason to award conduct, as these issues are based on the voter's perception of misconduct rather than anything actual and objective.
Posted by Hayd 7 months ago
Added to voting list, high priority because of the crap vote already given, avoid that by doing select winner voting system
Posted by Retardedpenguin 7 months ago
sup guys, i'll just answer all your questions so far;

TheChamp: i'm confused on who you are supporting
SonicAndRapBattles: sure you can, ill start another debate soon, unless you can already join this one in which case feel free to.
LachlanSmithson: this is regarding wether marvel or DC is better.
BlessedPaim: it is your choice

thanks for all the intrest guys, i am very new to this so if anyone here has done alot on this website please comment anything useful you could tell me.
Posted by TheChamp 7 months ago
Con DC has the Green Lantern Movie and it has a Flash TV show.Also Wonder Woman is coming is 2017,and DC also had a Green Arrow TV show.But most of the movies made by DC were animated nt acted by real people.
Posted by SonicAndRapBattles 7 months ago
I love Marvel, but DC would mop the floor with them (Can i do this debate?
Posted by LachlanSmithson 7 months ago
Is this a debate regarding which superhero would win or who (between Marvel and DC) is better?
Posted by BlessedPaim 7 months ago
Wait a sec...if i join this debate. Will i vote for marel or dc?
Vote Placed by famousdebater 6 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: I'm leaving conduct tied despite the forfeit due to the fact that Con distorted the burdens unfairly in the debate so both of these acts of poor conduct cancel each other out. Due to the fact that the burdens were never question this debate objectively goes in Con's favor. Con answered the questions that were required to fulfill their BOP (under the burdens analysis) and as a result Con meets their burden automatically despite all rebuttals made since Con only needed to answer the questions to win. Even with the arguments questioned, this changes nothing since the questioned were answered. As a result conduct is tied and arguments automatically goes in Con's favor.