radz
cw31

Mary is not Immaculate Conception

radz

Pro

This debate challenge is only for Roman Catholics or one who is expert in Catholic Dogma. :)

I argue from scripture and early church fathers that Mary is not Immaculate Conception.
cw31

Con

I accept this debate.
radz

Pro

radz forfeited this round.
cw31

Con

cw31 forfeited this round.
radz

Pro

I am sorry for not posting my arguments. I had been busy this Christmas Holiday. I'll re-post this debate challenge with you again. :)
cw31

Con

cw31 forfeited this round.
radz

Pro

radz forfeited this round.
cw31

Con

cw31 forfeited this round.
radz

Pro

radz forfeited this round.
cw31

Con

cw31 forfeited this round.
Posted by radz 3 years ago
radz
@cw31 I am sorry for not posting my arguments. I had been busy this Christmas Holiday. I'll re-post this debate challenge with you again. :)
Posted by radz 3 years ago
radz
@CynicalDiogenes, we can debate this soon. :)
Posted by CynicalDiogenes 3 years ago
CynicalDiogenes
I missed the chance to pic this up :(.....I hope cw31 does a good job representing catholic theology.....I wish both of you merry christmas, and all the very best for your debate.....
Posted by cw31 3 years ago
cw31
Hello everyone. This is my first debate. I am just wondering if I can post pictures onto my arguments.
Posted by radz 3 years ago
radz
It's not sufficient and in fact, it contradicts their theology. ECF believes that Jesus alone was born without sin. The vessel is the Virgin. The flesh of sin ( Mary's) of Romans 8:3 was the flesh Jesus ( the incarnate Son) became similar with ( John 1:14).

If Mary is immaculate conception then how could Jesus suffer and die? Biblically speaking, it is necessary that Mary is not immaculate conception.

Even Augustine and Ambrose is on my side. ;)
Posted by CynicalDiogenes 3 years ago
CynicalDiogenes
I need one clarification.Is it sufficient if I show that Scriptures and the Early fathers did not explicitly prohibit belief in the immaculate conception?

It was instituted after a vision to St.Bernadette.So I am not sure if the word 'Immaculate conception' would have been used in the Bible, or by the old fathers.
Posted by CynicalDiogenes 3 years ago
CynicalDiogenes
Mary was born without original sin.This is the doctrine of the Immaculate conception.

Jesus is not even in the discussion here.
Posted by iamanatheistandthisiswhy 3 years ago
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Mary is not immaculate conception, I don't understand that. Should it be Jesus's birth was not a result of immaculate conception. Is that what you mean?