TruthGen
ben671176

Mary, the virgin (Mother of Jesus). If she existed she wasn't a virgin.

ben671176

TruthGen

Pro

If Mary (from the Bible) existed, she was not a virgin. Being a virgin and having a son is unlikely.
ben671176

Con

It is a Catholic thing. Jesus actually had brothers but to the church, they never existed.

http://chirho.me...

'Virgin' Mary is like a honorary title I guess. She technically didn't have Jesus from any human male so is she still virgin? Or should she have a different title. . .
lol and wtf down below. . .

https://www.facebook.com...
TruthGen

Pro

TruthGen forfeited this round.
ben671176

Con

Pro has not posted rebuttal. Just adding something
TruthGen

Pro

TruthGen forfeited this round.
ben671176

Con

wtf just say something bro.
Posted by Julia5678 2 years ago
Julia5678
"Then she brought him to her people, carrying him. They said, 'O Mary, you have certainly done a thing unprecedented. O sister of Aaron, your father was not a man of evil, nor was your mother unchaste.' So she pointed to him. They said, 'How can we speak to one who is in the cradle a child?' [Jesus] said, 'Indeed, I am the servant of God. He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet. And He has made me blessed wherever I am and has enjoined upon me prayer and zakah as long as I remain alive. And peace is on me the day I was born and the day I will die and the day I am raised alive.'" (Quran 19:27-33)
Posted by Julia5678 2 years ago
Julia5678
"And she took, in seclusion from them, a screen. Then We sent to her Our Angel, and he represented himself to her as a well-proportioned man. She said, 'Indeed, I seek refuge in the Most Merciful from you, [so leave me], if you should be fearing of God.' He said, 'I am only the messenger of your Lord to give you [news of] a pure boy.' She said, 'How can I have a boy while no man has touched me and I have not been unchaste?' He said, 'Thus [it will be]; your Lord says, 'It is easy for Me, and We will make him a sign to the people and a mercy from Us. And it is a matter [already] decreed.' " So she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a remote place." (Quran 19:17-22)
Posted by Julia5678 2 years ago
Julia5678
"Indeed, the example of Jesus to God is like that of Adam. He created Him from dust; then He said to him, 'Be,' and he was." ( The Quran 3:59)
Posted by Julia5678 2 years ago
Julia5678
" And God presents an example of those who believed:... And [the example of] Mary, the daughter of 'Imran, who guarded her chastity, so We blew into [her garment] through Our angel, and she believed in the words of her Lord and His scriptures and was of the devoutly obedient." (The Quran 66:11-12)
Posted by TruthGen 2 years ago
TruthGen
Mister_Man: I didn't mean that :/
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
With God all things are possible.And if you understood the reason whybit was a virgin birth you would understand the entire plan of God redeeming man from the law of sin and death.

Now Mary did not remain a virgin. Jesus was the firstborn of many half brothers and sisters.
Posted by Mister_Man 2 years ago
Mister_Man
"Being a virgin and having a son is unlikely." UNLIKELY? I'm on your side here, TruthGen, but you basically said it's possible.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
No chit
Vote Placed by z1 2 years ago
z1
TruthGenben671176Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Ff and I agree w con.