OberHerr
Darknonymous

MasterChief from the Halo series, could beat Boba Fett, from Starwars.

OberHerr

OberHerr

Pro

In this debate I argue that the Halo series Masterchief(Also known as John-117) could beat Boba Fett from Starwars, in a fight to the death.

I will be defending Masterchief

The area:

A desert, about 3 miles around. They cannot exit the playing field.

The weapons:

For Masterchief I will say his Assault Rifle, a Sniper Rifle, a Magnum, and for the purposes of this debate, we will say they both have infinite ammo for guns, since specifying ammo for both characters would be to complicated. As for support, Masterchief will have one Bubble shield, and four frag grenades, four plasma grenades, four spike grenades, and four fire grenades. If we allow armor abilities, I will choose armor lock. He will also be equipped with a combat knife.

This round is for acceptance, and for my opponent to decide what weapons Boba will have. He may also say what he thinks Masterchief should/shouldn't be allowed to use, and ask questions he/she may have about this debate.

There is no ships allowed, and no allies.

Here are some links for information on both characters:

Masterchief: http://halo.wikia.com...

Boba Fett: http://starwars.wikia.com...

For info in general about Masterchief's weapons, search them here: http://halo.wikia.com...
Darknonymous

Con

I say that boba fett has his usual attire, including the jet pack (t would just be like fighting those brutes) for weapons he would use his signature EE-3 carbine rifle and his Dur-4 wrist laser, and the MM9 mini concussion rocket. how long does the bubble shield last? and how long does it take the grenades to explode?
OberHerr

Pro

I say that boba fett has his usual attire, including the jet pack (t would just be like fighting those brutes)"

For Boba's armor, here is a link to the metal it is made of for clarity in its strength: http://starwars.wikia.com...

As for it being like fighting Jiralhanae, I should hope not for your sake. Jiralhanae tend to be killed very quickly by Masterchief, though I suppose that may apply to Boba also. :)

"or weapons he would use his signature EE-3 carbine rifle and his Dur-4 wrist laser, and the MM9 mini concussion rocket."

As for weapons, if my opponent would like support weaponry, I would suggest thermal detonators, and wrist rockets, but just a suggestion.

"how long does the bubble shield last? and how long does it take the grenades to explode?'

The Bubble shield lasts 20 seconds, and as for the grenades, I will list some stats below:

Flame Grenades: "Upon impact with a hard surface, the casing converts to liquid form, burning at around 2200 �C (3992 �F), and causing significant damage to vehicles and infantry alike, automatically killing all nearby infantry in a 3.4 meter (8 foot) radius. The gel-like filler substance also escapes from the burning casing, splashing over nearby objects and causing significant damage as it burns for 4.5 seconds."
http://halo.wikia.com...

Spike Grenade: 'This weapon uses its spikes to stick on to the target, and soon after being attached, it will detonate, turning the spikes into lethal projectiles. The Spike grenade's initial explosion is the least powerful of all the grenades in Halo 3, although the explosion is not meant to be lethal. The explosion is meant to scatter the spikes at a deadly velocity, impaling enemies within range or wounding them enough for the user to finish them off."
http://halo.wikia.com...

Plasma Grenade: The summary of its effects were to long so I will give this link instead: http://halo.wikia.com...

Frag Grenade: "The grenade has a hard metal casing, with a frangible design meant to break apart into small, regular shards. This surface creates consistent, reliable fragmentation patterns for the grenade, rather than randomly rupturing along metallurgical faults. The grid-shaped casing houses a charge of high-explosive fitted with a mechanical primer. When the charge detonates, it shatters the grenade's casing, sending shrapnel flying away at high velocity."
http://halo.wikia.com...

It is also worth noting that it only will explode about 3 seconds AFTER it hits something. This is not true with Plasma and Spike Grenades though, as the go off after they stick on something. Flame Grenades go off after they hit something solid.

Now for my argument.

1. Masterchief's Chief Advantages

A. Himself: He is an incredibly strong individual without his MJOLNIR armor, as show by him killing 2 trained ODST's (The Halo equivalent of Delta Force, second only to the Spartans) and severely injuring 2 more, at 14. With his suit, it is not know entirely how strong he is, but he is able to hold weaponry such as dual SMG's, that a normal person would be unable to handle. He is also incredibly lucky, which is one of the reason Cortana picked him, though I understand that will mean little in this debate. Also, he is considerably harder to kill than normal humans, partly because his bones are coated in steel, making it much harder to break his bones, meaning he would be VERY difficult to kill in hand-to-hand combat.

B. His Armor: MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/Mark VI, to be exact but for convenience purposes, I will simple call it "Masterchief's Armor". Among its many functions, shielding is probably its most useful. The shielding will block I will say about 2-3 of Boba's carbine shots, which would give Masterchief plenty of time to respond in kind, possibly killing Boba right off the bat. Also, this function is rechargeable, about 3-5 seconds after depletion. Another use of his armor is its automatic biofoam injectors. Biofoam - "Biofoam is a self-sealing, space-filling coagulant and an antibacterial, tissue-regenerative foam polymer used by the United Nations Space Command as a form of medical first aid. This foam keeps damaged organs in place and helps stop bleeding and hemorrhaging from wounds such as; lacerations, abrasions, contusions, punctures, thermal and/or electric burn wounds. Biofoam is inserted into the skin and deployed deeper into the body." The suit automatically injects this into a Spartans wounds, allowing them to continue on even after taking bad injuries. This means Masterchief could be repeatedly injured, and be able to continue on well after Boba would either not be physically able to continue, or would die of wounds. Also, his armor even after the shields are gone, is still very good armor, so therefore he could continue to fight while just waiting for his shields to recharge, before going on the aggressive.

C. His weaponry: He has an Assault Rifle, a Sniper Rifle, a Magnum, and a Combat Knife. The Sniper Rifle alone could kill Boba in one shot, not necessarily by piercing through him, but by the concussion of having a 50. cal armor piercing round smash into you. The Assault Rifle would also be good for, if not killing, keeping Boba's head down, and making sure he can't get to close. The Magnum, could be used as either a good close range firearm, or to pistol whip Boba's brains out. And the Combat Knife would simply be a tool to use if necessary, though with what I have stated already about his strength, and fighting ability, he would hardly need it.

I believe this is enough for now, and I will give my opponent a chance to retort.
Darknonymous

Con

..... wow.... ok i know you were looking for a challenging fight, but now i have somewhat less faith in boba fett winning. and when i said it would be like those brutes, i was trying to think of some reasoning to make this a more fair fight, while giving something relate-able to master chief, but in reality, i think it would be harder to shoot fetts down, due to it being made from mandalorian iron, which is nearly indestructible

Fett's Mandalorian armor was constructed from beskar (later to be made from mandalorian iron (which will be the one he shall use in the fight between him and mastercheif)), allowing it to sustain a great deal of damage without degrading. His armor also had two shoulder pads which were orange, like his kneepads. The left shoulder pad exhibited the Mandalorian skull logo, while his right chest plate displayed an emblem of unknown origin. However, the symbol was also seen on Jaster Mereel's ship and on the helmet of at least one clone trooper pilot at the battle over Coruscant, during the Clone Wars.

Fett wore a power armor liner. This liner shirt had a micro energy field projector and two layers of thin ceramic plates, in order to disperse physical and blast impacts, reducing injuries and likelihood of knockdowns. The power liner also gave him increased protection from fire, acid, intense heat, and cold. His main clothing was a reinforced armor mesh battle/flight suit. The inner lining of the suit blocked poisons and corrosives for a period of time. This suit had pockets on his hips and thighs (one on each side).

The battle/flight suit had pockets on his shins which contained an anti-security blade, a survival knife, a jet-pack adjustment tool, and a sonic-beam weapon. Fett wore a pair of versatile boots that had two spikes attached to the front of each.

The neck gorget would later prove itself useful after Fett approached Jaina Solo just after she had taken care of some adversaries. Startling her from behind, she instinctively swung her lightsaber up to decapitate her would-be opponent, but the gorget stopped the lightsaber blade before it could do any damage.

Fett wore a Mitrinomon Z-6 jetpack. The fuel tank held enough fuel for three 20-second blasts, 20 three-second blasts or one minute of continuous operation. Each three second blast moved Fett up to 100 meters horizontally or 7 meters vertically. Fett could reach a top speed of 145 kilometers per hour with a maximum range of two kilometers. Directional thrusters featured gyro-stabilizers to apply counter-thrust for maneuvering and landing.

The top of the jet pack had a turbo-projected magnetic grappling hook with 20-meter lanyard (replaceable with 100 meters). A winch inside the launcher could lift up to 100 kilograms. The grappling hook unit was replaceable with an anti-vehicle homing missile.

The other sidearm was a concussion grenade launcher that included a short shoulder stock for stability and accuracy when firing. Fett kept these smaller guns in a holster on his right hip though didn't equip both sidearms at the same time.

Boba Fett's wrist gauntlets were a mounting point for many of his weapons. His left gauntlet had a Czerka ZX miniature flame projector, which creates a cone of fire five meters long and one meter in diameter. It had a corded fuel line connecting to a backpack canister holding fuel for three minutes of operation. Directly below this was the Dur-24 wrist laser. Comparable to a blaster rifle in power, these wrist lasers had a range of 50 meters. Originally exposed, a protective shield was later added to the left gauntlet enclosing and concealing both weapons.

He also carried a Tenloss DXR-6 disruptor rifle.

Fett's left gauntlet also had a Kelvarex Consolidated Arms MM9 mini concussion rocket, which utilized computer target tracking. Fett used Type-12A anti-personnel rockets, Type-12B stun rockets, and 1126 rockets.
Fett's right gauntlet had a fibercord whip with a grappling device: a 20-meter-long fibercord whip used to entangle and immobilize a target. It also held retractable vibro-blades and a dart launcher.

Fett also had knee pads with rocket dart launchers. These small launchers used Malkite themfar or Fex-M3, molecular acid, stun agents, or explosive tips.

Fett was known to occasionally carry with him one of the several lightsabers he had taken from Force-sensitives over the course of his bounty hunting career. Despite having no sensitivity to the Force, Fett is one of the few canon, non-Jedi/Sith characters shown to be capable of using a lightsaber (albeit, with only basic skill), a feat traditionally reserved in the Star Wars Universe for Force-sensitives only (see lightsaber for more info). In the several instances that he has been shown to use a lightsaber, it has usually been as a last resort in fighting Force-sensitives (not being his primary weapon of choice) and usually as a form of surprise attack as it would be unexpected from someone who was not Jedi or Sith.

Fett had a wide array of other items that he carried. Fett carried a wide array of devices used in infiltration and data retrieval. Among these were a series of security blades, a lock overriding system on his wrist band, and a data breaker.

http://starwars.wikia.com...

so for my counter arguments, boba fett has more intelligence, cunning, and equipment capable of killing highly powerful enemies. He is skilled enough to shoot darth vader in the head (although he has a helmet so it didnt actually work). His several rocket launchers, carbine rifles, and flame throwers are more than enough to kill the mighty master chief. i say that even if masterchief could sustain the damage of boba fetts DXR-6 disruptor rifle, which is equivalent to the sniper rifle, (distance wise, but power wise, it is much stronger, seeing as though it would disinagrate anything it shoots) he could not survive the rest of his weaponry, which are also equivalent to mastercheifs, although boba has more weapons, and they are all higher tech. as for the grenades, boba fett is at a somewhat disadvantage, because of their effectiveness, but he could dodge them with his jet pack, although it does not last that long. and against to biofoam, it could protect his organs from a few shots, but a rocket will kill him, and if he gets his head decapitated by bobas lightsaber, he would obviously die.

so basicly, 1 better tech, 2 more intelligent tactics, 3 can dodge grenades, 4 more weapons.
OberHerr

Pro

".... wow.... ok i know you were looking for a challenging fight, but now i have somewhat less faith in boba fett winning. and when i said it would be like those brutes, i was trying to think of some reasoning to make this a more fair fight, while giving something relate-able to master chief, but in reality, i think it would be harder to shoot fetts down, due to it being made from mandalorian iron, which is nearly indestructible"
Obviously it would be harder to shoot Fett down, since 1) He is smaller 2) More skillful 3) He has an actual Jetpack that allows you to fly, Jiralhanae use a kinda jump pack. As for the armor, as I stated before, I'm not saying that the bullets them selves will pierce Boba, but the force of getting hit by a (assuming it's the Sniper Rifle) 50. caliber round, plus it's Armor Piercing (Though I'm not saying it would pierce his armor, but i would add even more punch), Would almost certainly break bones. The weakness behind having extremely strong armor, is that it will not protect you from the force of the blow mostly, only the projectile actually hitting you.

I'm not showing the article on the weapons, simply because it is too long for me to do such, and still put in my argument. But, I have no problem with you giving him all these weapons. I always think of Boba as an armed-to-the-teeth kind of person.

so for my counter arguments, boba fett has more intelligence, cunning,

I disagreed. Boba may be smart don't get my wrong, but Masterchief has been at this since he was six. True Boba started this at a young age, but he was not as rigorously trained, drilled, and taught the arts of warfare. Also, take into account that Boba is not going to be able to easily sneak up on Masterchief, since this is a desert, and they both know the other is out there. Perhaps he is more cunning, but will that really be that useful in this kind of fight?

and equipment capable of killing highly powerful enemies. He is skilled enough to shoot darth vader in the head (although he has a helmet so it didnt actually work). His several rocket launchers, carbine rifles, and flame throwers are more than enough to kill the mighty master chief. i say that even if masterchief could sustain the damage of boba fetts DXR-6 disruptor rifle, which is equivalent to the sniper rifle, (distance wise, but power wise, it is much stronger, seeing as though it would disinagrate anything it shoots) he could not survive the rest of his weaponry, which are also equivalent to mastercheifs, although boba has more weapons, and they are all higher tech. as for the grenades, boba fett is at a somewhat disadvantage, because of their effectiveness, but he could dodge them with his jet pack, although it does not last that long. and against to biofoam, it could protect his organs from a few shots, but a rocket will kill him, and if he gets his head decapitated by bobas lightsaber, he would obviously die.

You forget that 1) Boba has to hit Masterchief, so saying that just because Boba has these weapons, does not mean he can hit Masterchief with them. For instance, a good deal of his weapons that would instantly kill, or severely hurt Masterchief for sure are missile or slow-moving-blast weapons, meaning Masterchief could easily dodge them. 2) The Jetpack could be used against Boba, since it is full of fuel, if Boba tried to fly up Masterchief could simply shoot hit Jetpack, killing him. Also, it only has enough fuel for 2 minutes of flight, therefore Boba would quickly lose the advantage in an even slightly long lasting battle. 3) As for the lightsabers, I would say that even though he is known to carry them, I think we can say this is a time he does not have one, simply because it just does not seem like a Boba Fett weapon. Blasters, knives, and flamethrowers? Yes. Lightsabers? No. I have also allowed you to get quite a few weapons, I think we can leave lightsabers out.

I am unable to post anymore for various reason, so I will allow my opponent to continue his debate.

I would like to ask my opponent not vote in this debate since 1) I cannot vote 2) It seems better not to vote when you are not an observer.

I wish my opponent luck is this debate! It has been very interesting and fun so far.
Darknonymous

Con

maybe masterchief did start earlier but he is still just one spartan out of the many, the only thing that makes him more special is that he was chosen to do the things that he did. he is no different from the many other spartans that they created. also boba fett has had a longer battle life, having had led the mandalorian throughout multiple wars, and even gaining the respect of the sith lord. he was taught everything the jango knew when he was young, so his training was completed long before masterchiefs. also, he is titled the best bounty hunter in the galaxy.

1) he can obviously hit masterchief because if you think about it, a majority of his weapons travel at the SPEED OF LIGHT. and masterchief cannot dodge light. plus his jetpack has a targeting computer in it.

2)true, but remember, a lightsaber couldnt even break through mandalorian iron, i doubt a bullet could pierce through it and make it explode, even if the force is transfered

3)ok, thats understandable

(sorry about not posting saturday, but it was saturday, and i went to a party)
OberHerr

Pro

maybe masterchief did start earlier but he is still just one spartan out of the many, the only thing that makes him more special is that he was chosen to do the things that he did. he is no different from the many other spartans that they created.

Masterchief is VERY different from the others! For one all Spartans are extremely deadly, and no two are the same. But as for Masterchief, he has the title Hyper-deadly, which only one other Spartan has achieved.(Noble Six, or the person you play in Halo: Reach)

'also boba fett has had a longer battle life, having had led the mandalorian throughout multiple wars, and even gaining the respect of the sith lord. he was taught everything the jango knew when he was young, so his training was completed long before masterchiefs. also, he is titled the best bounty hunter in the galaxy."

He has killed thousands upon thousands of Covenant, and though he may or may not be a great leader, in terms of being able to plan out a battle, that wouldn't matter in this situation, since its just 1 vs. 1, which Masterchief excels at. He has also earned the respect(and fear)of his enemies, not to mention his fellow soldiers, and superiors. Boba may be the best bounty hunter, but Masterchief is the best soldier, he is a super-soldier among super-soldiers, a title which not only applies to other humans, but other(much stronger and better physically)races.

"1) he can obviously hit masterchief because if you think about it, a majority of his weapons travel at the SPEED OF LIGHT. and masterchief cannot dodge light. plus his jetpack has a targeting computer in it."

The lasers in Starwars do not move at the speed of light, simply because you can see them, they are not just a blur. Also, they immediately give away your position, which guns won't do nearly as easily.

"2)true, but remember, a lightsaber couldnt even break through mandalorian iron, i doubt a bullet could pierce through it and make it explode, even if the force is transfered"

Well, if you can find proof that its made of Mandalorian iron, ok. Even assuming it is, it still only has 2 minutes of fuel, so it would lose its usefulness quickly.

3)ok, thats understandable

Agreed.

No problem, I generally don't get my arguments in quickly either.

Ok, so now for some more arguments.

Grenades: Masterchiefs many different grenades would be a great advantage in battle, mainly because Boba has no real defense from three of them. The Frags could be thrown at him to make him move out from behind cover, or to simple make him move. As for the other three, aside from maybe the Spike Grenade, if they stuck to Boba, it can be assumed he would be killed VERY quickly, armor or none. For the Spike Grenade, I would think it would kill him if it went off, but it could possibly just send he back from the blast/shrapnel of spikes.

Bubble Shield: Though Masterchief would only have one of these, it could be used when they get close, encasing Boba, and allowing Masterchief to run up and attack him in close-quarters combat, which would almost certainly be fatal for Boba. He also could use it for protection for himself, allowing him to regroup and recharge his shielding, or to throw a surprise grenade at Boba.

I must say, this has been a very fun, and interesting debate, and I shudder to think of the damage that could be done if Masterchief and Boba worked together.
Darknonymous

Con

Darknonymous forfeited this round.
OberHerr

Pro

Since my opponent has forfeited, I will just say to re-read my argument above. I hope my opponent can refute my argument above for this last round, as he has been a very interesting opponent,, as has this debate been very interesting. And with that, good night ladies and gentlemen.

Vote Pro!
Darknonymous

Con

Darknonymous forfeited this round.
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
PC@ Well, if it was a movie based off of a book, and the book said it moved at the speed of light, then yes my response would have been somewhat iffy. But, it's the opposite with Starwars so......
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
Con forfeited, so Pro gets better conduct. Sources also goes to Pro, because he provided more, and they all seemed to be reliable. S&G is the same. Arguments, however, are a bit tricky.

Darknonymous made an excellent point that lasers could travel at the speed of light. This was poorly refuted by Pro, who claimed that you could see the lasers in the movies/shows, so they don't move at the speed of light. This is probably because producers make it that way so people can watch the movie and understand what is happening. However, Pro already had a good refutation to this argument. Master Chief's armor would protect him, and should any damage be done, that bio-foam would come in handy. Besides, I think Master Chief's armor is better than Boba Fett's, because Master Chief's armor is not only incredibly strong, it can heal him. So all in all, Master Chief would probably win.
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
Sad Face. Oh well, voting time.
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
Well, yeah but that is a tank to a suit of armor. If I was wearing that couldn't be broken, but was suddenly hit EXTREMELY hard by a hammer, then it wouldn't just daze me. He can't possibly have good enough cushioning to make a 50. cal armor piercing round have little effect on him.
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
if Boba Fett had this "mandalorian" iron suit, then how would it break bones if you shot it? He says it is indestructible almost, so lets pretend its an american tank. If you shoot the tank and someone on the inside is leaning on it would it break their bones? Sure it would make a loud ding, but thats about it. Maybe scratch the paint, scratch it, dent it barely, but not much. So the breaking bone argument it flawed.
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
Lol, well in my defense, I had a different avatar when I started the debate. :)
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
I like how OberHerr's avatar says, "Challenge Accepted", and he is the one who instigated the debate, lol.
Posted by lannan13 5 years ago
lannan13
interesting debate one of my favorites I've seen so far
Posted by System113 5 years ago
System113
Rapidly press A, hold down trigger, grenade, grenade, melee. Rinse. Repeat.
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
MasterChief's bones are covered in steel? Two words, "One word"--"Awesome".
Vote Placed by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
OberHerrDarknonymousTied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments
Vote Placed by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
OberHerrDarknonymousTied
Reasons for voting decision: PRO presented better arguments and points, and did not forfeit. :) Good job! CON needs to show confidence and plan ahead..Better luck next time...
Vote Placed by kyro90 5 years ago
kyro90
OberHerrDarknonymousTied
Reasons for voting decision: Kinda obvious.....
Vote Placed by lannan13 5 years ago
lannan13
OberHerrDarknonymousTied
Reasons for voting decision: Ober Herr great agruement this in my opion great debate, but since the Con forfited x2 it ruined the debate. Pro wins by default