drzevia
Emily77

Materialism is correct

drzevia

Con

Materialism is the idea that all things and phenomena are a result of matter or its interactions. I will prove that this is false by using things such as quantum mechanics, the burden of proof, but not religion. Please use valid arguments, and good luck.
Emily77

Pro

I accept this debate on two grounds:
  • 1. The burden of proof is on you to prove that it is false (From what I gathered, you have agreed to this, however your statment regarding BoP was a fragment and grammatically made no sense, so I cannot be certain)
  • 2. You define in very specific terms the definition of 'matter' that you are using.
I look forward to a great debate! Cheers!
drzevia

Con

Matter is anything that follows Pauli's exclusion principle. The burden of proof should be on you, but I will place it on myself because I can win anyways. There is no proof that light waves/photons are a byproduct of matter, and there is also no proof that gravity is a byproduct of matter either. Though some do believe light to be created by matter, it is not proven. If general relativity is correct then the geometry of space-time is in no way produced by matter. The double-slit experiment shows that light can change between particle and wave, and that is not a byproduct of matter. The weak nuclear force is also not a product of matter, as it was one of the four forces at the start of the big bang.
Emily77

Pro

Emily77 forfeited this round.
drzevia

Con

drzevia forfeited this round.
Emily77

Pro

Emily77 forfeited this round.
Posted by Inspired 3 years ago
Inspired
"but not religion, as that is complete bull"

That's your opinion. It doesn't really reflect in the debate so it shouldn't really matter what you use to disprove materialism. Take that out and I'll debate you.