ameer91
Beckybooleeson

Math is mandatory and beneficial for the real world

ameer91

ameer91

Pro

I am for this resolution. I am new so Im not sure how much to discuss. My first point is that math forms the basis of everyday life. It has practical and realistic applications in society. Without math and everything in relation to it, there would be no order or organization in the real word. These are just some of my points. I will elaborate in depth as soon as I get a debater
Beckybooleeson

Con

I welcome you to the debating world, my dear competitor. In my portion of the debate, I will discuss how advanced maths is not necessary for the majority of jobs and what students really need from the world of arithmetic.

I look forward to round two.
ameer91

Pro

ameer91 forfeited this round.
Beckybooleeson

Con

In round 2 of this debate, I will be discussing how advanced maths is not necessary for the majority of jobs.

Geometry and algebra are two examples of maths that people don't need. If you are a home economics teacher, when in life will you ever need to find the value of x? The only jobs where advanced maths is needed is in astronomy, maths teaching and in any field where a high level of maths skills are required.

This has been my second round of the debate. Thank you for listening and I beg you to oppose.
ameer91

Pro

ameer91 forfeited this round.
Beckybooleeson

Con

Beckybooleeson forfeited this round.
ameer91

Pro

ameer91 forfeited this round.
Beckybooleeson

Con

Beckybooleeson forfeited this round.
Posted by Jjjohn 2 years ago
Jjjohn
"Geometry and algebra are two examples of maths that people don't need. If you are a home economics teacher, when in life will you ever need to find the value of x? The only jobs where advanced maths is needed is in astronomy, maths teaching and in any field where a high level of maths skills are required."

Geometry is considered the most practical of math skills, as it includes area and volume. optimization problems are used is industry all of the time.

Many people do use the algebraic concept of solving for x when working backwards to find unknown quantities, even if they don't use the formal notation.
Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
ameer91BeckybooleesonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Although pro forfeited, his arguments from round one were more convincing and remained standing.