DarkChiyoko
Neverbackdown

Mathamatics is more important than dance.

DarkChiyoko
Started: 2/19/2014 Category: TV

DarkChiyoko

Pro

Hai. I am making another debate because in my other debate, my opponent is taking way too long. This debate will basically about both subjects in school. I will be in favour of math being a superior subject to dance, and you will be in favour of dance being superior to math. This debate will have 5 rounds. Good luck.
Neverbackdown

Con

Yes math is very important but dance is also. Dance is a hobby to help some people. Math is a subject that a lot of people do not like( I love math !!!!!!!!) but dance is more important because dance could give u a good paying job but math can't because you need more than just math for a good job.
DarkChiyoko

Pro

I thank my opponent for accepting. I would also prefer my opponent to take this debate more seriously. I find that con is writing as if she was testing his/her 10 year old friends.

Rebuttals:

" Dance is a hobby to help some people."

Math can help much more people. Dance leads to nothing but dancing, mathematics can lead to much more, I will explain more in my further arguments.

"Math is a subject that a lot of people do not like( I love math !!!!!!!!)"

This is a hasty generalization. Their is no proof backing it up. A variety of people adore mathematics for it's complexity and it's importance. I for one hate dance, and much prefer mathematics.

"but dance is more important because dance could give u a good paying job but math can't because you need more than just math for a good job."

Are you crazy? Math applies to all jobs, every single job, you can't name one job that doesn't involve math. Engineers need to understand math, writers need to understand and estimate numbers in order to receive the greatest amount of money for their book. the president of the united states need to no math. Now tell me now, who earns more money? Barack Obama or a dancer? Math leads to much better paying jobs, and all jobs require math. This signifies the importance of math not only in school, but in our daily lives.

My opponent was unable to create any valid arguments, furthermore all of her arguments were backed up by no reliable proof whatsoever.

Now for my arguments:

I will explain 2 main points:

1) Mathematics are important in all jobs.
2) Dance class in school is useless.

1) In all jobs, no matter what, there is always math. Math is used in all jobs ranging from a writer to a engineer. For example, in editorials, authors occasionally use things like statistics in order to prove their opinions. You need math in order to understand and be able to use these statistics, or it completely useless. Math ranges in all jobs, which signifies it's importance. It leads to superior jobs than dance. Also, most jobs do not accept people if they cannot properly understand math.

Not only does math help in getting a job, but also in your daily lives. When people are adults, they need to understand how to manage their money, how taxes work, how much change their should be getting. How do stocks work? How do I know I will have any money left for food after buying this? These are all things that echo in adults mind, and also children when they go shopping. Without math, we would be unable to understand this stuff. Math is incorporated into our daily lives. Without dance, we would just have 1 less way to enjoy ourselves with music, without math, we would be pour, and unable to receive a well paying job.

2) In schools, dance is completely useless. There is no reason for people to be forced to participate in dance class at school. School is meant to teach children important things that they don't understand yet. We can all dance already, some better than others. So why must we waste a period to learn how to do something we already know? We can dance, so why learn how to do what you already can do. In math, we will be unable to understand all the concepts right away, with dance, you have no need for understanding all concepts, making it useless to learn.

In addition, you can take dance out of schools if you want to have a career in dance. This is a very unstable job, only 13% of people who wanted to become professional dancers fulfilled their goal. [1] Dance is not something we need to have in school, and math is something we do. Math is more important, and dance less because it only teaches how to dance, not how you can incorporate dance to fulfill your goals your entire life.

In conclusion, Math leads to success, dance leads to no job, and distress. Math is more important and always will be than dance.

I really hope my opponent does not forfeit like the one in my other debate is about to.

sources:

1.http://www.bls.gov...
Neverbackdown

Con

Can we agree not to copy and past please I know you did because when I was doing my research I saw this, okay. If you only do math and don't dance or sports you will get fat and study's at Harvert prove people are unlikely to be hired if they are fat. Also dance is some people think is fun. Also which one is olympics. Oh that's right dance. Which on has a t.v show about it dance. Which one make kids from 12-18 fall asleep in. Math ( 20%). Also which one makes kids ages 25-38 drop out of collage. Math (38%). Also you may not believe this but you can look it up, but my cousin was lit on fire because he was smarter than the people who lit him on fire in math. BY THE WAY I NOT 10 YEARS OLD but your info make you seem like you are 12 even though I was doing better at the age of 10.
DarkChiyoko

Pro

Haha your funny.

Rebuttals:

"Can we agree not to copy and past please I know you did because when I was doing my research I saw this, okay. "

I assure you I did not copy paste. If you still believe such prove it! If you can show me the link with the EXACT same words that I wrote, I will believe you.

" If you only do math and don't dance or sports you will get fat and study's at Harvert prove people are unlikely to be hired if they are fat. "

You can do sports in gym class. You don't need dance to be active and lose weight.

"Also dance is some people think is fun."

First of all, this sentence doesn't even make sense. But I believe you are trying to say "Also dance is what some people think is fun." Some people think math is fun as well.

" Also which one is Olympics."

Math, not dance. The closest thing to dance is rhythmic gymnastics. This is gymnastics, not dance. The athletes need to estimate when to shoot, how much points are they winning by, how much points they have. So math is in Olympics, and every other job as I have mentioned. Dance is not in the Olympics.

So let me ask this question again. Which one is in the Olympics?

"Which on has a t.v show about it dance. "

All your sentences make no sense, so I keep having to infer. And there are many TV shows about math, or involving math like "Numb3rs" [1] Also, without math, there would be no TV in the first place, because people would not understand how to create a TV.

"Which one make kids from 12-18 fall asleep in. Math ( 20%). Also which one makes kids ages 25-38 drop out of collage. Math (38%). "

You have no proof supporting this. And even if it is true, this is beside the matter. This does not make math any less important, it just explains how most people don't enjoy it. It's like if people don't enjoy following the law. Does that make the law any less important? I think not!

" Also you may not believe this but you can look it up, but my cousin was lit on fire because he was smarter than the people who lit him on fire in math."

Once again no proof supporting this. And also once again, this is beside the point. Someone getting burnt in class has nothing to do with the fact that math is important.

" BY THE WAY I NOT 10 YEARS OLD but your info make you seem like you are 12 even though I was doing better at the age of 10."

Well, your grammar is terrible, and this sentence pretty much make no sense, so you know, I'm assuming you are 10.
There is nothing wrong with me assuming that you are 10, I am just doing such because the majority of your sentances are quite odd, and don't make sense. Furthermore, you write in caps, and put 5 too many exclamation marks. In addition, I said you are tenting your 10 year old friends, I am not saying you are 10. I am saying you have 10 year old friends. I also think that you are 10 because you think Harvard is spelt "Harvert".

Now for my arguments:

For this round, I will explain 2 more points:

1) Math helps with problem solving.

This is pretty much what math is about. It helps people solve problems, making it important. Much more important than dance. Math helps in all areas, where as dance only helps if you want a unstable job in the arts.

I did not write a lot because my opponent completely ignored my previous arguments. So I did not write alt, to give space for my opponent to address them.
Neverbackdown

Con

There is a good change I am going to lose but I won't quit after this I hope u will do another but I pick the topic. The reason I want to do another is because you are kinda good at this. Plain and simple dance sucks. Math is good I wnt to quit but that won't help my profile . So u win.
DarkChiyoko

Pro

So assuming you quit, I automatically with this debate. Thank you for the honourable concession. For the next round, please explain what debate you would like to have.
DarkChiyoko

Pro

How do you win? You forfeited, furthermore I countered all your arguments, and you countered none of mine. I was able to create a variety of reasons why math is more important than dance, and you were unable to render them invalid. Yours was invalid, as I have explained. In addition, I had sources and proof backing up my points, something you didn't. I had much superior grammar and spelling, I mean seriously you spell "Harvard" as "Harvert".

So tell me now, how do you win?
Neverbackdown

Con

Sorry I hit the wrong button.

Ok the topic is should there be just a class in should just for religion. I am con.

.
Posted by PlumberGirl123 3 years ago
PlumberGirl123
Dancing is just a hobby that you most likely wont need to have your occupation. Math is something everyone is going to need and use in life. I'd take math over dance any day because dance is nothing and math means everything.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
DarkChiyokoNeverbackdownTied
Reasons for voting decision: Mathematics and Dance is totally different and both are incomparable in there respective fields but Pro provided a reasonable explanation, how "Maths" is important than "Dance" which mostly was not contested at all by Con. Therefore Arguments to Pro.
Vote Placed by Ameliamk1 3 years ago
Ameliamk1
DarkChiyokoNeverbackdownTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Pro because Con falsely accused Pro of plagiarizing. A forfeit in my book.