visionsofdylan
NonZeroBubble

Matt Bellamy is the Greatest Living Guitarist/ Musician

visionsofdylan

Pro

Matt Bellamy, lead vocalist and guitarist of the British band Muse, is I think, hands down, the most talented living guitar player. I think Hendrix (RIP) is the only other guitar player who is superior to Matt. Matt is the most creative and the greatest live guitar player. He is truly a genius musician, a virtuoso on guitar and on keyboard. Listen to Stockholm Syndrome, Plug in Baby, and Citizen Erased. His style is unique, although many say Muse is just a wannabe Radiohead. That is very false due to the fact Muse is much more "complex" and heavier. Although without Radiohead, there would be no Muse. Now others are going to say no way: not a shot in hell. Well here is Matt compared to the greats-

Jimmy Page- I love Zeppelin. They are classic rock. However, Page and the fellow members of the band stole other peoples music. As Homer Simpson put it- "Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of black music who ever walked the Earth". He doesn't create riffs, there is little innovation when I hear him. I just hear rehashed blues songs from the 1930's and 40's. I have also heard he is mediocre live, unlike Matt Bellamy. Just watch "Stairway to Heaven" at Live Aid.
Eric Clapton- I have a problem with Clapton. He is very overrated. Although, technically, he is a great guitar player, and his work with Cream is outstanding, he has become very ordinary. "Lacks in soul" is what critics say about him. All of his solos seem very restraint and like he learnt them from a book. He is just simple and basic.
NonZeroBubble

Con

I'll agree i like some of their songs. Knights of cydonia is very good. As far as the guitarist being very very talented and even the best, there is no way. Depending on what you mean by best, if he is the most skilled with a guitar or if he plays the best sounding music. Other guitarists especially Herman Li from Dragon Force are extremely far more talented. Muse is a good band, but the guitarist is not the most skilled of all guitarists.
visionsofdylan

Pro

I am glad you see Muse as a good band but you seem like someone who just knows them due to Guitar Hero. I have been a follower of them for awhile and trust me, he is the most talented musician alive. He is perfect live, no one beats him. Watch some of his live performances please. Herman Li, on the other hand, is very sloppy. He is credited for creating a whole new sound but speed metal has been around for ages. He does the same trick over and over again. Every Dragonforce song sounds alike. Compare Muse songs to their songs. No comparision.
NonZeroBubble

Con

Well when you define best guitaris in the category of talented what are the criteria. There is many, so i guess the best guitarist all depends on the critics views and criteria. Herman Li plays faster the Matt, while Matt might be able to, let's say, play chords better. I think its impossible to define the best guiatrist if not defining them in very specific categories.
visionsofdylan

Pro

I do agree with: however, Matt is a musical genius, which is what I mean by talented. Sure, Herman Li is talented, but Bellamy as a young child was able to play television jingles he heard his first time hearing them. He is like Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Plus he has perfect pitch. And his talent not only pertains to guitar but singing and piano.
NonZeroBubble

Con

NonZeroBubble forfeited this round.
Posted by number1letterA 8 years ago
number1letterA
the best guitarist alive would most likely be Steve Vai. Just listen to "For the Love of God". He is not my favorite however.
Vote Placed by malmal16 9 years ago
malmal16
visionsofdylanNonZeroBubbleTied
Vote Placed by visionsofdylan 9 years ago
visionsofdylan
visionsofdylanNonZeroBubbleTied