jedijwk
Comeatmebruh666

Maturity and physical and online presence of youth in relation to an adult or young adult.

jedijwk

Pro

I believe that youth should be taken more seriously, even when presented with logic and proof of intelligence some adults still claim to be more intelligent and mature than youth. I argue that in some cases(nowadays probably half or more) of the times when children are belittled and told they are not on the same level as adults mentally is absurd, just because they are youth doesn't mean they should be told they can't have the same mental capacity as an adult.
Comeatmebruh666

Con

1.Yes the youth is belittled but it's for a reason. The young needs to be taught to think and act like adults, this task would be practically impossible if all of them were, from the start, assumed to be little geniuses.

2. The young are taught from the ground up so that their mental structure could be stable and realistic. That is why we don't categorize them by their inborn ability to think or by their mental capacity.
jedijwk

Pro

Well, as I stated, this is about cases where children are smarter and can prove it. I stated that even when shown they are equal did smarter they are not treated as such or recognized as smarter because they are youth. Also, belittlement is not needed, you don't have to treat them like little geniuses to not belittle them, simply treat them with more respect, give them a chance to show their capability. You can see in cases between equals adults still hold themselves to a higher standard.
Comeatmebruh666

Con

So I am a young adult and I am what you would call someone who is equal or smarter than some adults and I don't expect any special treatment, and that's because I understand that even if I prove my intellectual superiority I would still have to learn a ton of stuff before I can even compare my intellect to some. And yes I've had someone talk down on me because I'm younger than them, but isn't true wisdom just being quiet when someone talks down on you.
Posted by jedijwk 8 months ago
jedijwk
Equal or* not equal did
Posted by jedijwk 9 months ago
jedijwk
Ok, I will tomorrow at 5, in on my phone rn and it's hard to rype
Posted by retroz 9 months ago
retroz
@JediJwk, if you change the character limit to 2000+ I will accept this debate.
Posted by retroz 9 months ago
retroz
I would accept this debate, but the character limit is only 500??!!! How on earth am I going to be able to write a good argument in 500 characters? (this message alone is nearly 200 characters)
Posted by Esiar 9 months ago
Esiar
Not sure if I should accept. Would agreeing with "I believe that youth should be taken more seriously, even when presented with logic and proof of intelligence some adults still claim to be more intelligent and mature than youth. " but mostly disagreeing with "I argue that in some cases(nowadays probably half or more) of the times when children are belittled and told they are not on the same level as adults mentally is absurd, just because they are youth doesn't mean they should be told they can't have the same mental capacity as an adult." be acceptable?