mrdebate1
studentathletechristian8

Mavericks will beat spurs and they will advance to the next round in the playoffs

Started: 4/24/2010 Category: Sports

mrdebate1

Pro

Because they had a great season and, they have a good team many players are good like: nowitzki, Shawn Marion, john terry, Erick dampier, butler and many more. Dirk nowitzki is the second best free throw shooter and he can make shots from everywhere from the court and it doesn't matter if he is tall because he can do a lot of things
studentathletechristian8

Con

I negate the resolution, "Mavericks will beat spurs and they will advance to the next round in the playoffs."

Simply, it is impossible to affirm a resolution that speaks absolutely about the future. There is a possibility that all of the Mavericks players will be the target of a terrorist attack tonight and die. Thus, the Spurs would advance to the next round due to forfeit. Therefore, my opponent cannot possibly affirm the resolution. Furthermore, the resolution is now negated.

Besides, the Spurs have also had a great season and are a good team as well. Dirk Nowitzki may be the best free throw shooter, but that does not mean much if the Spurs do not foul him. Dirk cannot make shots from everywhere on the court. Tim Duncan is also tall, and he can also do a lot of things.

The resolution is negated.
mrdebate1

Pro

Well about the resolution maybe its true but what make you think that the spurs are immune to a accident or maybe what you said the terrorist attack so the probability its equal for both teams and changing a little bit the topic I want to Emphasize in other things; the last season 2008-2009 the San Antonio spurs were eliminated by the Dallas mavericks by a notorious score the series were 4-1 won by Dallas, anyway it was in the first round in the playoffs, I don't understand why did you say that dirk Nowitzki can make a shot from everywhere of the court because everyone could do it, if you want you can shoot from a far far away distance or from short range, and the free-throw question it doesn't make sense because basketball its a game of contact he is the best shooter of free throws because he tries to make a lay up and he gets a foul, or he get the shoots of a technical foul, he is the free throw shooter of the team so nobody can stop him or not make a foul to him...
studentathletechristian8

Con

It does not matter if it is likely that either team can become victim to a terrorist attack. The fact is, it is possible that while the Mavericks are depleted, the Spurs will not experience an attack. This would force the Mavericks to forfeit, causing them to lose to the Spurs and a failure to advance to the next round. You are unable to affirm the resolution because you are making an absolute statement about an instance in the future in which you have no control over. The resolution is negated.

It does not matter if the Spurs lost to the Mavericks last season. Any team can beat any other team on any given night.
Dirk cannot make every shot on the court. Besides, you can't prove that he can. Anyway, the point really does not matter. The free throw question does not matter that much in reference to the resolution. The Spurs also have good free throw shooters. Besides, free throws are not the most important part of a basketball game.

The resolution remains negated.
mrdebate1

Pro

Resolution stills affirmed I saw that you said that free throws are not important in basketball you are wrong my friend I want to ask you a question; have you ever play basketball?, well free throws are very important if you miss you could lose a entire game, but if you score always that you go to the line its a higher probability that you can win a game, and if they aren't the most important part of the game tell me what is it?; besides I keep saying that mavs will beat the spurs on the playoffs maybe stats are not 100% true but in other cases the statistics have made their work, and affirming that they can be very useful. The mavs have everything to keep advancing its depends only from themselves.
studentathletechristian8

Con

"Resolution stills affirmed I saw that you said that free throws are not important in basketball you are wrong my friend"
The resolution is still negated. I never said that free throws are not important. If you look at what I said, I quoted "free throws are not the most important part of a basketball game." That is a true statement. You are jumping to conclusions.

"I want to ask you a question; have you ever play basketball?,"
Yes, I was even captain of the school team freshman year.

"well free throws are very important if you miss you could lose a entire game, but if you score always that you go to the line its a higher probability that you can win a game, and if they aren't the most important part of the game tell me what is it?;"
Free throws are a very important part of the game. However, they are not the most important. Defense is the most important part of a basketball game. Without defense, the other team can score all night long. A decent offense is also more important than free throws. A team cannot win solely on free throws. This is still besides the topic of the resolution.

"besides I keep saying that mavs will beat the spurs on the playoffs maybe stats are not 100% true but in other cases the statistics have made their work, and affirming that they can be very useful. The mavs have everything to keep advancing its depends only from themselves."
Statistics are merely numbers. Any team can show up on any given night. I have still negated the resolution.

The resolution remains negated. My opponent has not been able to affirm it. I urge a Con vote. Thank you.
Posted by Loserboi 6 years ago
Loserboi
ouch for pro
Posted by Loserboi 6 years ago
Loserboi
ouch for pro
Vote Placed by davidwayne 6 years ago
davidwayne
mrdebate1studentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by knm131 6 years ago
knm131
mrdebate1studentathletechristian8Tied