blond_guy
Kleptin

May this be the last topic with "Solarman1969" on it.

blond_guy

Pro

The following debates are incredibly stupid:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

You people have no life. Solarman is incredibly infamous on this webstie, he has won 2 debates out of 55, and certain low lifes have nothing to do but to take advantage of that. I see that Solarman man has what many people would call "racist" attitude towards muslims. However, dumb debate topics such as "Solarman should be removed from debate.org" are worthless, unnecessary and a waste of time. And oh my lord, over 35 people actually voted to have Solarman removed from this website. That is ludicrous! In Darth_Grievous_42's argument he states Solarman called some people, I quote: I quote: shmucks, Stalinist's, liberals (derogatorily), fools, morons, evil, dummies...
Is this reason for a debate? How about this Darth_Grievous_42, I am oficially calling you an idiot for inciting such a debate. You either rigged it to get all those votes, or debate.org members are so angry at Solarman that they stopped thinking straight and voted against him on everything. It's called free speech you idiots! I don't care how detestable Solarman can be, you have no life trying to debate something like "Solarman1969 refuses to debate me because he knows he can't win". Do you seriously believes Solarman cares about "winning"?

What's cute is now you're gonna hate me like you hate Solarman for calling you a bunch of idiots. And my opponent is going to get 40 votes like that Darth_Grievous_42 idiot.

So I won't even wish him/her good luck. He/she doesn't need it.
Kleptin

Con

First of all, you said it best yourself. Free speech. On what grounds are you supporting your position that topics should no longer be made about Solarman? Please note that these are probably also challenges made directly TO Solarman and not open challenges.

More importantly, I don't think any of those attacks you made on Darth Grievous are warranted are relevant. I would advise you to stop.

Darth Grievous made a debate and expressed an opinion. Remember that in this site, we do not vote based on position, we vote based on the quality of the argument.

Did you even bother to read the debate? Darth Grievous' responses were well written and coherent whereas Solarman's responses were disjointed and bordered on obscene rambling.

The votes were heavily skewed in Darth Grievous' favor because he is a good debater. Not because he rigged the debate.
blond_guy

Pro

Thank you for taking this debate.

Let me remind you that this argument is for you people to stop obsessing about Solarman and don't make stupid topics like "Solarman should be banned from debate.org". No matter how good of a debater he is, that's still a stupid topic, and he has no life for bringing it up. Aren't we supposed to debate issues instead of using personal attacks in order to gain some wins added to your record? (Because we all know if you go up against Solarman, chances are you will win)

"On what grounds are you supporting your position that topics should no longer be made about Solarman?"

I am telling those people that I think they should stop. It's ridiculous. I'm not saying those debates should be canceled. I'm saying they're silly. Grow up.
Kleptin

Con

"Let me remind you that this argument is for you people to stop obsessing about Solarman and don't make stupid topics like "Solarman should be banned from debate.org". No matter how good of a debater he is, that's still a stupid topic, and he has no life for bringing it up. Aren't we supposed to debate issues instead of using personal attacks in order to gain some wins added to your record? (Because we all know if you go up against Solarman, chances are you will win)"

No. This argument is not for any purpose except discussing opposing viewpoints and examining arguments. The fact that this debate serves an alternate purpose for you does not make your argument any less fallacious. No topic is stupid as long as it expresses opposing views and the debate is argued well. This applies to the majority of the links you gave. One of the debates is "stupid" in that both Pro and Con agree with each other, and that is the only criterion I need to see in order to judge it to be a bad and useless debate. Whether or not it deals with a stupid topic (in your opinion) is irrelevant.

"I am telling those people that I think they should stop. It's ridiculous. I'm not saying those debates should be canceled. I'm saying they're silly. Grow up."

Exactly. What are the grounds? There are debates about Yugioh vs Magic and debates about crab people against lobster people. There's a debate about who would win if Goku and Superman had a death match. The topic of a debate doesn't matter here. On this site, debate is about the presentation of the argument, not the position.

I ask you again, do you have any justification for your proposal that solarman should not be the topic of any more debates?
blond_guy

Pro

<>
<>

What are you trying to say about those debates? I actually think those are interesting topics if debated correctly. The difference is the reason why people make these Solarman debates is to add wins to their score. They are not productive at all and certainly not entertaining. I started this debate to see how people vote and to see if they too think it's stupid to debate about somebody over and over again instead of debating real important controversial issues. This is not lets-talk-about-solarman.com, this is debate.org and I will now debate that you people should stop wasting your time with these Solarman debates. Including this one. But hopefully this one will be the sacrifice for all the ones coming to not come.

Thanks for the debate, you didn't manage to change my mind on anything. Let's hope this wasn't a waste of time and other people realize how stupid it is to pay so much attention to solarman and debating him because it's a free win.
Kleptin

Con

"What are you trying to say about those debates? I actually think those are interesting topics if debated correctly."

What I'm trying to say is that these debates are not necessarily serious ones. The results don't mean anything, they don't represent a serious issue. Same with the solarman debates. And that's fine.

"The difference is the reason why people make these Solarman debates is to add wins to their score. They are not productive at all and certainly not entertaining."

That's still your opinion. Solarman need not participate in those debates, nor anyone else. If someone does participate, then obviously both people think that they have a chance at winning. Whether or not they are entertaining is a matter of opinion. Whether or not they are productive is meaningless, as I have shown from those debates I used as examples: they are not productive at all.

"I started this debate to see how people vote and to see if they too think it's stupid to debate about somebody over and over again instead of debating real important controversial issues."

Real important controversial issues? Such as MTG v Yugioh or Goku v Superman? My point is that a topic for debate need not be anything except an opinion. The fact that *you* don't like it or find something wrong with it is negligible.

"This is not lets-talk-about-solarman.com, this is debate.org and I will now debate that you people should stop wasting your time with these Solarman debates. Including this one. But hopefully this one will be the sacrifice for all the ones coming to not come."

And in debate, we present arguments for opinion. You still have not provided an objective reason for not arguing about solarman. These are a few out of the dozens of debates going on right now, so your "lets-talk-about-solarman.com" example is pure exaggeration.

"Thanks for the debate, you didn't manage to change my mind on anything. Let's hope this wasn't a waste of time and other people realize how stupid it is to pay so much attention to solarman and debating him because it's a free win."

I honestly don't care whether or not I managed to change your mind because it's clear you are debating on raw bias. Position does not matter in debate, only the strength of the argument presented and you have not provided a single argument for your point.

As I said before, by what authority and by what reasoning are you saying that we should no longer make debates about solarman? As long as differing opinions exist and the arguments are presented, what does it matter? Most of the solarman debates aren't spam, they're just extraordinarily one-sided. The instigators of those debates present good arguments. And that is what we look for. Remember, position doesn't matter. The strength of the arguments do.
Posted by Kleptin 9 years ago
Kleptin
I'm glad you understand. I do understand that people feel strongly about seemingly useless topics being created, but however we feel should not violate the key tenet to proper debate:

The position doesn't matter. Only the presentation and validity of the arguments.

This means that any issue is fair game, even the ones we think are inappropriate.
Posted by John_Quincy_Adams 9 years ago
John_Quincy_Adams
Hey kleptin I'm not somebody who's just gonna blindly vote one way without thinking about, I'm just trying to say something. This place shoudl be left for actual debates adn not bickering and flame wars. I see where you're coming from with your reaction though. I haven't been on here very long but I can already see that theres a problem with peopel not listening to arguments and just voting a way they feel. I've voted against the way I've felt because of the quality of argument and I hope more people can start to think that way, but it is the internet and people who spend time on the internet aren't always the most reasonable people.
Posted by brittwaller 9 years ago
brittwaller
You're right, blond_guy, Kleptin doesn't need good luck to defeat you.

Solarman1969 simply fills the archetype of the town grouch on this site. Debate on!
Posted by Kleptin 9 years ago
Kleptin
"Would somebody challenge blond_guy so I can vote for him already."

You have no idea how despicable this statement is to me and how much it perverts what this entire site is for.
Posted by John_Quincy_Adams 9 years ago
John_Quincy_Adams
Would somebody challenge blond_guy so I can vote for him already. Even this being a topic of debate is ludicrious, but apparently nessecary. At least when they add all the new features you people won't need to start whole debates just get a specific person's attention.
Posted by sadolite 9 years ago
sadolite
I think you two should settle it in the octagon.
Posted by Darth_Grievous_42 9 years ago
Darth_Grievous_42
I see my name has come up, and it appears I am an idiot for attempting to keep debate.org a nice, clean, friendly place were peoples opinions are tolerated not slandered upon. What a fool I was.
In my own defence: I made it quite clear that had no direct grudge against Solarman1969, but only wanted him to clean up his act, as I admitted he would have many valid points that people might even listen to if he just stopped belittling people directly. Perhaps you missed that part, or perhaps you did not even read the debate in full or at all. I also did not rig any part of the debate, that is the peoples opinion, and it seems 39 out of 17 people agreed with me, or at least thought I presented my argument better.
But if you directly have a problem with me, I would suggest taking it up in debate form.
Posted by sadolite 9 years ago
sadolite
I was just kidding! (25 characters)
Posted by rwebberc 9 years ago
rwebberc
The only reason I started that debate was to coerce him into debating me. It worked. Solarman doesn't debate, he espouses propaganda. While I don't personally believe he should be removed, he certainly has violated the terms of use nearly every time he takes up a debate.
Posted by sadolite 9 years ago
sadolite
Apparently you don't have a life either? Nobody likes you go away.
Vote Placed by Kleptin 8 years ago
Kleptin
blond_guyKleptinTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
blond_guyKleptinTied
Vote Placed by Robert_Santurri 8 years ago
Robert_Santurri
blond_guyKleptinTied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
blond_guyKleptinTied
Vote Placed by Tatarize 9 years ago
Tatarize
blond_guyKleptinTied
Vote Placed by FalseReality 9 years ago
FalseReality
blond_guyKleptinTied
Vote Placed by out_n_proud_HINDU 9 years ago
out_n_proud_HINDU
blond_guyKleptinTied
Vote Placed by claypigeon 9 years ago
claypigeon
blond_guyKleptinTied
Vote Placed by Kusfraba 9 years ago
Kusfraba
blond_guyKleptinTied
Vote Placed by PreacherFred 9 years ago
PreacherFred
blond_guyKleptinTied