gordi9
Spritle

Mcdonalds is healhier than KFC

Spritle

gordi9

Pro

1st round cases 2nd crossfire 3rd rebuttals
Mcdonalds is the number one most visited resturant in the world. With thier slogan I am lovin it, It makes us think that this is beter than anyone else. Todays Resolutuion that " Mcdonalds is healthier than KFC" I strongly go pro in this topic. My first point is that Mcdonalds has a new program that some of thier sandwiches, salads, and dessert are less than 350 calories. I n KFC they have the Double down which has 563calories. That is what I call a "heart attack." My second point is that in flordia the Fcat is promoting Mcdonald. The Florida Comprehension assesment test is and still is giving kids a free breakfast at mcdonalds before taking the Fcat. Thus McDonalds is healthier than KFC so I need a pro ballot.
Spritle

Con

I will be arguing that Kentucky Fried Chicken is indeed healhtier than McDonalds.

I will prove that KFC has less calories than McDonalds by using a simple method. My opponent points out that McDs has healthy burgers, salads and desserts. I am going to average the KFC and McDs salads and desserts and see which has less calories.

(I equalled out each items on each menu. For example, if KFC had 9 desserts on their menu, I only used the first 9 McDs desserts and vice-versa.)

KFC Chicken's Average: 227.64 calories.
McD's Burger's Average: 524.11 calories.

KFC Salad's Average: 143.8 calories.
McD's Salad's Average: 316.6 calories.

KFC Dessert's Average: 260 calories.
McD's Dessert's Average: 205.5 calories.

According to these numbers, KFC has beaten McDonald's two times in the amount of calories used. McDonald's seems to have a healthier amount of desserts, but blew KFC out of the water by the amount of calories in the other two categories.Therefore, KFC is statistically and calorically healthier than McDs.

All my numbers were found at these two sites:

1. http://www.kfc.com...

2. http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com...
gordi9

Pro

Cross fire
On my point, I was stated that McDonalds is throwing Ads that McDonalds is healthy like Ronald getting kids to run and play, the revivsed chicken sandwiches, Is their any ads on healthy stuff in KFC?

In your averaging was that fried chicken, extra crispy or grilled?

According to Family the colonel chopped a chicken in front of kids, making KFC unsanitary and not healthy can you explain?

Excluding Food wise, how long do the janitors clean? Evey thirty minutes, hour, shift, once a month, year?
Spritle

Con

Over recent years KFC has shown their grilled chicken ads on television.

The following was taken directly from http://www.examiner.com...

"Kentucky Grilled Chicken was recently launched as a healthy alternative to Kentucky Fried Chicken. But, is it healthier?

The breakdown for each is as follows:

Kentucky Fried: 480 Calories 28 grams fat 6.5 grams saturated fat

Kentucky grilled: 250 Calories 8 grams fat 2 grams saturated fat "

This shows that the grilled chicken is in fact healthier than the fried chicken. So, the answer to your question is yes. KFC has ads for their grilled chicken, therefore, they have ads on their healthy stuff!

My averaging was on all three forms of chicken; extra crispy, original recipe, and grilled.

I have no idea how chopping a chicken in front of kids makes KFC unhealthy. I also believe that this debate is over healthy food. The janitorial and cleanliness of the restaurants around the world are going to vary. You can't possibly compare that.

gordi9

Pro

Rebutall

I am here to say that KFC is bad. In my first point that McDonalds is bringing a health program puting some sandwiches,salads,and dessert under 350 calories. They been putting lost of ads about this program including Ronald McDonald.All you are telling me is just one ad when we have this around the world. I respect that we put this debate food wise. Some of your averages are some way off besides KFC only has one salad and its greasy. In my other point about the FCAT my opponent has not touch it. So it still stand. I urge you voters to vote pro.
Spritle

Con

In my defense, I must say that I had little to no idea what you just said in your rebuttal.

KFC, as shown in the statistics above, have a lower number of calories than McDonald's food items do. I did all of the math by calculator. They are all right...

Since KFC has fewer calories, it makes KFC healthier than McDs. That's what the debate is about. Not ads or janitorial services. I have shown the sources and proof of my work.

VOTE CON.
Vote Placed by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 5 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
gordi9SpritleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's numbers about healthy food spoke for themselves.
Vote Placed by Nur-Ab-Sal 5 years ago
Nur-Ab-Sal
gordi9SpritleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Little to say.
Vote Placed by Double_R 5 years ago
Double_R
gordi9SpritleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made no attempt to support his resolution or refute Cons case.
Vote Placed by PartamRuhem 5 years ago
PartamRuhem
gordi9SpritleTied
Reasons for voting decision: easy win for con. showed that kfc was healthier...
Vote Placed by kkjnay 5 years ago
kkjnay
gordi9SpritleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Clear win for Con. Pro has no real arguments. Pro only states their ads encourage play because of ronald mcdonald? It's an ad, to make people buy their food.