ellajohn1234
brad1999

Media should stop showing vulgarity

ellajohn1234

Pro

Now-a-days media is so very common. Almost in every house from the eldest to the youngest member of a family everybody listens radio, watch televisions and read newspapers. and most of them now are saturated with ads and posters of shameful models which effects the mind of children also men and women are now in this spell too.
it has unbalanced our society completely and we all are unaware of it.
And IT IS ACTING AS A VIRUS IN OUR BRAINS and is slowly malfunctioning are thinking capabilities. increasing are inhumane and devilish desires.
brad1999

Con

My opponent said in his first speech that it disrupts the mind of children. It may for some children not all plus it is the parents or supervising adults responsibility to see what they watch that's why we have ratings for TV- TV-G to TV-MA and movies-G-NC-17 to tell parents look this is great for kids to watch ( TV-G and G) to hey you may need to be cautious of this show or movie ( TV-MA, R,
and NC-17) alot of the vulgar stuff is for Adults but also it is the parents responsibility on what the children watch, Also the 1st Amendment says we have a freedom of Speech, Expression, and Media so that would be violating the 1st Amendment thank you.
ellajohn1234

Pro

Yes parents can have a check on their children. What if even in cartoons these TV channels are showing inappropriate scenes.
we can forbid our children from watching some TV channels but not all.
Even on this small restriction a number of questions arise in their mind that why are we stopped from watching it? Why?
And if it is a bad thing than why is media showing it. as all t.v channels are there on are antennas to be watched then whats the problem with our elders that they are making limitations on us. and as my worthy opponent is talking about the freedom right then there is also a right of every individual to live in a peaceful environment and if one evil factor is ruining a society's peace then there should not be any objections if somebody is raising his/her voice against it.
brad1999

Con

My opponent says that we can't keep children from watching Inappropriate movies, and Cartoon shows . Yes we can it's called There's a program on your cable or satellite box to block certain ratings, and antenna's there is no obscene images because the only cartoon network on a antenna is PBS and that's for kids and meant for kids. Cartoons like American dad or family guy don't come on till about 10 on FOX so many children are sleeping. If parents want to opt out of having there kids watch inappropriate stuff then they need to deal with it. You just can't censor media like that because of the 1st Amendment because alot of that is freedom of speech and freedom of expression like I said in the 1st speech it is against the constitution and plus they are censoring inappropriate profanity by making the bleeping sound so this is as far we can take it.
ellajohn1234

Pro

As a community, we are heavily influenced by the media and other sources of information. However, we tend to overlook the fact that there are not only much bias but also skewed perceptions of events and reports in the news today. The media does a poor job portraying things as they really are in order to follow a sort of convention and to keep their show on air or their papers in stores.
And yes you said that parents have to deal with their children here this dealing has become too much difficult we all are aware of the fact that to which extents this next generation is fast. and do not easily obey what their parents or elders ask for.
if we are protecting our youngsters from this rubbish stuff , then may be their friends' parents are not making such restrictions.
Here my point is how much you can make limitations , how much you can forbid your children ?
you cannot protect a body against cancer until you remove every single tumor from the affected body. giving relaxing pills to the patients may calm him down but will not protect him as he or she will always be in risk.
brad1999

Con

In my final speech I would like to thank my opponent for a great debate, and I would like to tell the voters why I should win this debate. My opponent has been talking about how it hurts the children's thinking well then like I said the parents need to make sure on what they watch and what kind of friends they have so his/her friends don't show them what there not aloud to watch. Voters do you really want your 1st Amendment rights taken away? media has everything they can to keep profanity away with making the beep sound plus if we ban profanity into shows that are on they will either have to rewrite the script in which will take awhile or they will have to cancel the show, and these shows and movies make a good portion of our money and economy just like banning alcohol in the 1920's it drove us into the great depression and this will hurt our economy if you choose pro please choose con in this debate for these very reasons thank you.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
what shows on tv is only there becasue i watch