clucas
ItsNasty

Medic Droid

clucas
Started: 12/13/2010 Category: Arts

clucas

Pro

Definitions:
The Medic Droid was a synthpop band from Phoenix, Arizona.

Full Resolution:
The music group Medic Droid, is a terrible artist and should not be considered to have talent whatsoever.

Arguments:
Since my opponent is Pro on this topic I will allow him to begin the debate.

Conclusion:
I thank my opponent in advance for accepting this debate, and wish him the best of luck. This will surely be a interesting debate and I am looking forward to it.
ItsNasty

Con

i thank my opponent for having this debate, i wish him luck.
Although my opponent failed to define the following:

SynthPop: "Synthpop is a genre of pop music in which the synthesizer is the dominant musical instrument. It originated as part of the New Wave movement of the late 1970s and to mid-1980s, and it has continued to exist and develop ever since. It has seen a rise in popularity in the 21st century" http://www.google.com...
(Synthpop is a branch of electronic music)

Background information on The Medic Droid: they are from Pheonix, Arizona as my opponent stated, started out as a fun band, posted their music on myspace and ended up catching the interest of Epic Records, Got signed and started touring. Since They got so much tours, they ended up braking apart because of personal issues by the lead singer Crhis Donathon (Alchoholism), J0hnny Chavaz (Droid) left the Medic Droid to start a solo career because of problems with the band members.

My Arguments:

Medic Droid has more morals than most bands out there.

The Medic Droid's songs have morals that can be interpreted in different ways, the band's song that made them a hit "fer sure". the song "fer sure" has so many morals in their songs. for example, "pulled up at a stop light did drugs and a dashboard, look at the mess we made tonight, kick off your stilletoes, and f***k me in the backseat, f***k me in the backseat." and later in the song "Were not falling in love were just falling apart" and "all this time is wasted pretending were in love, but thats all right, cuz you know i love being with you and seing you cry." http://www.elyrics.net...

this is telling people that drugs can make you do stupid things and the night just got worse. Also they say that sex isnt what keeps people together, it can ruin a relationship. these morals are good for teenagers.

also in their song "FScene8" (Also known as fascinate) has many morals in their song. for example, "I'm laughing at this battle, watching boys and girls play games. I watch you as you slowly falter, and how you strive for any status at all! Well the night is so young, she's got her mini skirt on, hot damn that girls on fire, the boy just wants to get off, and she just needed a fix, let's see how far this gets you." and "why cant you see, why cant you see, what your doing to yourself, why cant you see why cant you see, what your doing to yourself?"
And "that fool never got off, the scene bitch did all his drugs, now look how far this got you.Why can't you see why can't you see, what you're doing to yourself, Why can't you see why can't you see."

again talking about how drugs doesnt get anyone far in life, how she sleeps with people just to get high. talking about why would people do something this bad to themselves.

http://www.lyricsmode.com...

Also the song "The Killer Anna" i wont post more lyrics so here is the link http://www.wowlyrics.com...

This song got me through alot of tough times, it talks about how people say they care about you when they dont, how people pretend like everything is ok but it really isnt, also how relationships can fail miserably then try then fail but its just a cycle.

My last argument:

The Medic droid is one of the most talented bands out there, if they werent talented then they wouldnt have been asked to tour for Hot Topic and other bands. this may not be your type of music but it doesnt mean they arent talented. It takes alot to make it that far with only the intention to have fun and just jam with friends, then make it big. There songs have so much morals that can still be taught in this world.

Vote con
clucas

Pro

Opening:
I appreciate my opponents timely response, and once again would like to thank him for this debate. Also I would like to address my error in setting up this debate. I accidently switched the pro and con for this debate. My opponent is Pro and I am actually con. Again I would like to apologize. Anyways back to the debate.

Arguments:
A1: "Medic Droid has more morals than most bands out there."

I would say that you can find morals in basically any song there is. I would say that it is in fact more difficult to find songs where you can not interperet in the way to show that there are good messages in it. This does not have to do completely with the song itself in the first place, it has to do more with the person interpereting it themselves. Different people could get a different message from the same exact line. This depends on the person rather then the song itself. Although I would say that Medic Droids lyrics has less morals then the majority of bands.

"Pulled up at a stop light did drugs and a dashboard, look at the mess we made tonight, kick off your stilletoes, and f***k me in the backseat, f***k me in the backseat."

Yes you could say that this is saying that drugs ruins relationships which i personally do not believe in.

"But thats all right, cuz you know i love being with you and seing you cry."

Yes this is a perfect example of good morals, also you can not say they are good morals, because different people have different viewpoints and believe in different things, therefor changing "morals" from person to person.

A2: "This song got me through alot of tough times, it talks about how people say they care about you when they dont, how people pretend like everything is ok but it really isnt, also how relationships can fail miserably then try then fail but its just a cycle."

You can get this out of many, if not most, lyrics. So the credit should not be given to Medic Droid but rather music as a whole. I am completely for using music to help you cope with your "tough times", yet i believe that Medic Droid is one of the worst bands you could seek this for compared to more talented artists.

A3: "The Medic droid is one of the most talented bands out there, if they werent talented then they wouldnt have been asked to tour for Hot Topic and other bands. this may not be your type of music but it doesnt mean they arent talented. It takes alot to make it that far with only the intention to have fun and just jam with friends, then make it big. There songs have so much morals that can still be taught in this world"

Please explain to me how Medic Droid is more talented then other artists in the music industry because you have yet to show how they are so talented. Just because they were asked to tour for Hot Topic who I have frankly never heard of, does not mean that they have talent. And all bands usually start out with the intention to "have fun and just jam with friends". It isn't simply skill, and talent that allow bands to make it big. You need to know people, and have connections to make a record album and to be sponsored. There are many bands that I'm sure are very talented that simply did not get a sponsor, or would simply rather not become big and simply use music as a hobby and not try to make large amounts of money.

Conclusion:
Medic Droid is nothing more then people rambling on about pointless things where people can interperet it in a way that gives off a message. Unless you can show me what makes them so unuiqe and special I see no reason in continuing this debate. Again I thank you for your response, and wish you luck for the rest of this debate.
ItsNasty

Con

ItsNasty forfeited this round.
clucas

Pro

clucas forfeited this round.
ItsNasty

Con

ItsNasty forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Shtookah 6 years ago
Shtookah
clucasItsNastyTied