xReinax
PurplePanda194

Medical Coverage for Genetic Disorders

xReinax

Con

Patients with genetic disorders should not have medical coverage for the cost of the treatments; such as, genetic counsling cost imense amouts of money. The costs of these types of treatments are anywhere from $125- $500 (Risk Factors). And this is just for one treatement. The costs of having a genetic disorder causes exponential costs on the insurance company. When this occurs, they cannot properly cover other aspects of life that they cover. Therefore patients with genetic disorders are only harming the insurance company and making life for others with the same company suffer.

http://www.google.com...

PurplePanda194

Pro

Medical insurance should cover the cost for people with a genetic disorder or for genetic counseling in that insurance companies don't always have to pay the full expense for genetic counseling because most people pay out-of-pocket from the fear of insurance companies or employers discriminating them if they have a genetic disorder. By the way most infants get a genetic test after they are born that cost $15-$60.

ghr.nlm.nih.gov/handbook/testing?show=all#insurancecoverage
xReinax

Con

xReinax forfeited this round.
PurplePanda194

Pro

PurplePanda194 forfeited this round.
xReinax

Con

xReinax forfeited this round.
PurplePanda194

Pro

PurplePanda194 forfeited this round.
xReinax

Con

xReinax forfeited this round.
PurplePanda194

Pro

PurplePanda194 forfeited this round.
xReinax

Con

xReinax forfeited this round.
PurplePanda194

Pro

PurplePanda194 forfeited this round.
Posted by corridor 2 years ago
corridor
I agree with the pro side of this debate. I believe that if people are born with disablieties then they need extra coverage like medicare and stuff. Also the family deserve a little extras so that they can take care of they disabled more.
Signed
Justin Hall 5th period
Posted by MadisonJohnson 2 years ago
MadisonJohnson
I agree with the Pro side because I do not believe that it is fair. If a patient is born with a genetic disorder, they shouldn't be punished by not receiving medical coverage. They can't change themselves. If anything, they actually NEED the medical coverage compared to most of us Americans.
-Madison J. 5th
Posted by PimpDaddy-1 2 years ago
PimpDaddy-1
Chris S. 5th
Posted by PimpDaddy-1 2 years ago
PimpDaddy-1
I agree with the pro side because for many families who have a child with a genetic disorder has to deal with all the extras to help with the trouble they go through with the children. It can help many families to relieve the stress of at least the cost already being covered. It isn't their fault that they acquired this disease with no cure.
Posted by foreverkayleigh 2 years ago
foreverkayleigh
I am on the pro side because I believe that anyone who acquires a genetic disorder cannot be held responsible. There is nothing that the person could have done to prevent the disorder. Without the medical coverage many innocent people can be hurt. Kayleigh Saal per.5
Posted by mgarside98 2 years ago
mgarside98
I am on the pro side for various reasons. Mainly one being that medical coverage should be given to those with disorders as it was not their fault for acquiring this disease. Though people say it may be a waste to give them coverage as they will most likely die soon we should not deny them the right to medical coverage. It would leave a huge burden on these people which wouldn't be right.
Michael Garside Pd. 5
Posted by PreciousC 2 years ago
PreciousC
I don't have a strong opinion for either side. I think people with genetic disorders should have medical coverage so that they don't have to pay for treatments out of their own pocket for their entire life, but at the same time, there are thousands of people born with genetic disorders everyday, and there isn't enough money to cover everybody. (Precious C period 5)
Posted by MAVSWILL42 2 years ago
MAVSWILL42
People with genetic disorders should be provided with medical coverage. I say this because it is not their fault that they have it. There was no possible way for them to have prevented themselves from getting the disorder. So why punish them for something they did not do? If you deny them medical coverage, you are basically denying them what they need to have the best chance at having a normal or as close to normal of a life as possible. So, if you deny them medical coverage, they basically have no chance.
William P. Period 5.