neokansas
Rational_Thinker9119

Medical Marijuana is a better treatment for insomnia than all other forms of medicines available

neokansas

neokansas

Pro

Since medical marijuana has little or no side effects, it is a better method of treatment for insomnia than all others for the majority of human beings in the world today, especially if ingested or vaporized as a method of aborption.
Rational_Thinker9119

Con

Pfft, I smoke marijuana every day and have severe sleep issues, and one thing I can tell you is that while marijuana makes you slightly drowsy it is nothing compared to a Gravol (and they are not even sleeping pills). One of those will knock me on my bum and I'll be passed out, but even with smoking huge blunts I still had sleep issues, also sometimes marijuana makes your head think which makes it harder to sleep. In my opinion, what is "better" is something that actually works well ever time. When I want to sleep, and I can't, I would quicker pop a Gravol than smoke marijuana.

Even then, for severe Insomnia Gravol won't be enough, you will need something stronger (prescription medication). You think smoking marijuana can provide the sleep a patient with extreme needs? I don't think so.
neokansas

Pro

Dear Rational Thinker 9119,
While marijuana may not be for you, I still maintain it is a better solution for the majority of insomnia sufferers out there today. I am certainly not a doctor and definitely out of my comfort zone here, but let me explain my thinking.

The side effects:
While more traditional medications for insomnia may be great in the short term, they cause increased tolerance and it usually takes more and more to have the same effect. Other side effects common with insomnia medications are dizziness, weakness, and unsteadiness. Other side effects include a feeling of depression, loss of orientation, headache, and sleep disturbance.

It's surprising to me that you're taking the stimulant and anithistamine known as Gravol, to achieve drowsiness, which may be counterproductive. Perhaps it's initial effect is drowsiness (similar to anti-allergy meds), but are you then waking up throughout the night? May be because it's also a deliriant and closely related to caffeine. I would definitely try decreasing your dosage over a few days and then quit for awhile. Then I would suggest trying a indica strain of mariuana. Sativa strains are more uplifting and psychoactive in nature with less drowsiness.

If your sleeplessness is due to hyper activity within the brain, you may be ADHD. In which case I can see further how a stimulant may work for you as stimulants are effective for ADHD. I would talk to your doctor or someone who specializes in ADHD symptoms. I would also recommend that you try any natural remedies first and rule them out before trying other medicines.

The cost/expense of pharmaceuticals:
Big Pharma doesn't want us to have a plant we can grow for ourselves. Marijuana cuts/will cut further into their billion dollar profits dramatically. They wish for us to continue paying their huge costs for medications sold in pharmacies. They want to continue to lobby congress in order to continue spreading lies and propaganda so we won't believe the solution is so simple.

http://en.wikipedia.org...;
Rational_Thinker9119

Con

Rational_Thinker9119 forfeited this round.
neokansas

Pro

neokansas forfeited this round.
Rational_Thinker9119

Con

neokansas

Pro

neokansas forfeited this round.
Rational_Thinker9119

Con

neokansas

Pro

neokansas forfeited this round.
Rational_Thinker9119

Con

Vote Placed by Youth 3 years ago
Youth
neokansasRational_Thinker9119Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Pro for Con's forfeit. Arguments to Pro because Pro was convincing and Con did not respond. Sources to Pro because he used sources.