Hello-Orange
codydrew

Medical Marijuana

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

Hello-Orange

Pro

= Disclaimer =
By accepting this debate, you understand that it is entirely possible that I may forfeit various rounds due to lack of time. My forfeiting a round is not a concession of the debate, but is simply the unfortunate event of myself having timed out.

= Introduction -
I want to test out one of the thesis statements I've written for my english class, as I'm currently taking a dual credit college course for my senior year. Accordingly, this debate will take place in more of an essay like manner as opposed to the traditional back and forth style of argumentation.
I'm wanting to brush up a bit on practicing writing a more conversational argumentative paper.

Round one will be for greetings, and presentation of Thesis Statements.

The pro thesis is the intellectual property of Dakota Hiltzman. Any unauthorized usage of the original content expressed by the Pro in this debate is a violation of the digital millennium copyright act. All content that is not the explicit original content of Dakota Hiltzman will be noted as such.

= Thesis =
Medical Marijuana is a morally, economically, and ethically acceptable alternative treatment plan; as it has been proven to improve the appetites of those going through chemo-Therapy, It has been shown to have positive effects on those with glaucoma, and it is much more economically accessible than most market drugs.
codydrew

Con

The idea of using medicinal marijuana is a huge risk for the American public. For example, in California, medicinal marijuana is available to patients with symptoms as mild as a headache. Also, California allows mentally handicapped people to recieve cannabis as a treatment. Along these lines, studies have shown that if this group of people consume this drug, mental and physical harm can be a result.

I end my opening arguement by stating that alliowing medicinal marijuana would allow many false reports of diseases and other symptoms that would eventually result in over exposure to medical testing and cause, in severe cases, radiation poisoning.
Hello-Orange

Pro

I severely overestimated how much free-time I had. 0-0.
I guess I need to forfeit this debate entirely, sorry opponent; freebie win for you though!
codydrew

Con

codydrew forfeited this round.
Hello-Orange

Pro

Hello-Orange forfeited this round.
codydrew

Con

codydrew forfeited this round.
Hello-Orange

Pro

Hello-Orange forfeited this round.
codydrew

Con

codydrew forfeited this round.
Posted by Hello-Orange 5 years ago
Hello-Orange
No, never mind.
It looks like I'm going to more than likely time out in this fist round >->'.
I have around 4-5 Debate cases I need write by Saturday; and there's just no way I'm going to be able to focus my efforts on this round.
Posted by Hello-Orange 5 years ago
Hello-Orange
I'll post my arguments soon, most likely later on tonight, or tomorrow.
Vote Placed by BlackVoid 5 years ago
BlackVoid
Hello-OrangecodydrewTied
Reasons for voting decision: Great debate guys!