KingDebater
Doomspider92

Medical students in Chicago should increase creativity in their drawings.

KingDebater

Pro

http://www.bbc.co.uk...

A group of Medical students in Chicago have been drawing comic strips to help the future doctors think about how they relate to patients in what they say, but also through body language.

My thoughts are that they should be a bit more creative and fun in their comic strips. After all, it's a comic strip, not an information leaflet.

Here's what I propose should be the typical comic strip created by one of these Chicago Students:

--- CONFUSED PATIENT ---
VOLUME 1 - $499.99
WRITTEN BY APPLE-PIE MCDONALDS IN CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
--- AGE UNKNOWN ---

PATIENT: [RUNS IN, NOT CARING FOR THE MORE NORMAL TYPES] DOCTOR, DOCTOR! I'VE GOT HEAD CANCER!
DOCTOR: [LAUGHS AT IGNORANCE] No you haven't, you git! You've just got a frying pan on your head!
PATIENT: [LAUGHS OUT OF RELIEF] Hoo hoo! That's a spot of luck! I'll just get back to Burger King, getting there with my 8,000 Ton SUV with as many bumper stickers going through the masses of open space that America has! Tally ho!

Admittedly a medical student in Chicago may not view America in the same way or use as many British phrases as I did, but you get the point (I still think it's pretty accurate anyway).

But right now, the comic strips are looking more like this:

--- TYPICAL DAY ---
Volume 1 - Free for all students, children, adults and elderly people
Written by Jeff Jifferson in Chicago, Illinois
--- Age 26 ---

PATIENT: [Walking in sensibly] I think I might have one o 'dem dung diddly doo dun grazes
ASPIRING DOCTOR DOING WORK EXPERIENCE: Oh, Ma lord Jesus! M'kay, just sit right there in the waiting room with everyone else.

Again, I may've exaggerated how Americans speak, but I feel I'm only a tad off.

Doomspider92

Con

First of all, I am not a fluent English speaker. Please don't blame on my grammatical mistakes.

From reading what you have written, I personally think each student have their own way of showing their creativity; you might not understand what they are trying to tell the doctors and you cannot judge anyone's creativity by their drawings.
KingDebater

Pro

I have a lot of stuff to respond to, which is good since this is a two round debate with this being my last chance to post anything.

Now, I should warn you that English is not my first language either, so please don't award the spelling and grammar point, voters.

strebbleshpluff? Of course you can judge creativity in a drawing by the drawing! What shkribsnick would disagree? For egg sample, this shows low creativity:

patient: I am sick
doc: nuh uh
patient: you're right [walks home]

However, this shows shmaksimum creativity:

patient: Doctor, Doctor! I've only gone and got cancer!
doc: No you haven't, you git! [laughs at the patient's ignorance] You've just got a frying pan on your head!
patient: aww geez, that sounds super complicated. will you be able to fix it?
doc: hmm... I think so [fixes it]
patient: thanks !!

This also teaches Doctors to deal with stupid people, a common scenario in that sort of industry [1].

However, in Con's world, this sort of thing could be considered a student expressing their own creativity:

doc: Ok nothing wrong so far
THE END

This doesn't help the medical students in Chicago with any scenario, considering all the idiots coming in for no reason [1].

So remember, if you're going to V-oat, make shaw itsh for me (unless you want the poor Chicago medical students to have to become homeless with their only food being dropped flakes of pastry outside Gregg's)

Skhrongeshplink.
(Thank you.)

[1] http://www.telegraph.co.uk...;
Doomspider92

Con

What?
When it comes to creativity, nothing can be wrong. It's basically your choice to choose from what to draw and how to draw it.
You have the choice to dislike what they have drawn, but you do not have the choice to change the student's creativity skills.
Just because that you don't like it, dose not mean that everyone in this world have to agree with you.

That is all I have to say.
Vote using your common sense.

Thanks
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
http://www.telegraph.co.uk...

Sorry, my source didn't come out right.
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
"Medical students in Chicago should increase creativity in their drawings." really explains it all. One side defends, one person attacks. (pro/con)
Posted by Howdidyoucomeupwiththat 3 years ago
Howdidyoucomeupwiththat
This seams more like a informative paragraph than an actual debate. Please state more clearly what the debate here really is.
Posted by yay842 3 years ago
yay842
Your welcome