pgoulaimpact
brendizzle29

Medicle Marijuana

pgoulaimpact

Pro

It has been proven that marijuana can be used for medicle purposes. Well if it can be used to benifit a persons health then they should be able to use. Now it's not like somebody says hey lets go to the doctor and get some drugs. No marijuana can just be given away. The doctor has to have a valid reason as to why they need to use marijuana. And, the doctor has to notify his advisors of his actions. Therefore marijuana should be used for medical uses.
brendizzle29

Con

"It has been proven that marijuana can be used for medicle purposes. Well if it can be used to benifit a persons health then they should be able to use."

I will admit that marijuana has medicinal properties. That being said, every problem that marijuana helps to treat already has multiple LEGAL treatments that are more effective. Take glaucoma for example. Medical marijuana, when it was legal, was primarily used to treat this. However, glaucoma is now treated by latanoprost, bimatoprost, timolol, and epinephrine, just to name a few.

Furthermore, scientists have suceeded in synthetically producing the ingredients in the marijuana plant that give it its medicinal properties. I would think that using this would be highly preferable to unnecessarily altering your brain chemistry. Unless, of course, the patient is using marijuana primarily to get high.
pgoulaimpact

Pro

I would think that using this would be highly preferable to unnecessarily altering your brain chemistry. Unless, of course, the patient is using marijuana primarily to get high.

Like I said marijuana that is used for medical purposes is not just being prescribed to anyone you have to go through certain steps and on to the part about it having other solutions.. Lets look at a common cold, you can use Vick's or dayquil and many others but sometimes peoples chemistry doesn't work well with that drug and they could be allergic to it. Wouldn't you rather have another alternate out there for example marijuana, that you can take and it could help you out.
brendizzle29

Con

"Like I said marijuana that is used for medical purposes is not just being prescribed to anyone you have to go through certain steps"

I understand that marijuana is not prescribed to just anyone. I have shown you that because there are so many other available medications, however, there is no reason to want to use medical marijuana unless the patient does have some desire to get high. Heroin is a painkiller. Does that mean that we should administer heroin to patients that are in pain? NO, because there are so many other treatments out there that don't alter your brain chemistry.

"Lets look at a common cold, you can use Vick's or dayquil and many others but sometimes peoples chemistry doesn't work well with that drug and they could be allergic to it. Wouldn't you rather have another alternate out there for example marijuana, that you can take and it could help you out."

As I have already stated, there are many drugs out there that can be used and the chances that someone is allergic to ALL of those is infinitesimally small. Also, I have already addressed this point by saying that scientists have synthetically produced the chemicals in marijuana that have medicinal properties, so if someone is allergic to these, they are also allergic to marijuana.
pgoulaimpact

Pro

pgoulaimpact forfeited this round.
brendizzle29

Con

As my opponent has forfeited their last round, they dropped every single argument I made in Round 2.

I have shown that there is no need to use medical marijuana. We have multiple drugs with the same purpose for every condition that marijuana is thought to treat, including the individual chemicals from marijuana that help to treat these conditions.

I would like to thank my opponent for an interesting debate.
Posted by 106627 8 years ago
106627
I believe that the decision should be made by doctors. It is unlikely that everyday people would understand the benefits and risks of medical marijuana.
Posted by Chuckles 8 years ago
Chuckles
cough syrups like nyquil/dayquil can be abused like drugs too - the term is Robotripping.
Vote Placed by brendizzle29 7 years ago
brendizzle29
pgoulaimpactbrendizzle29Tied
Vote Placed by pgoulaimpact 8 years ago
pgoulaimpact
pgoulaimpactbrendizzle29Tied
Vote Placed by rougeagent21 8 years ago
rougeagent21
pgoulaimpactbrendizzle29Tied
Vote Placed by saamanthagrl 8 years ago
saamanthagrl
pgoulaimpactbrendizzle29Tied