Metallicasucks
cakerman

Megadeth is better than Metallica

Metallicasucks has forfeited round #2.
Started: 4/30/2017 Category: Music
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Metallicasucks

Pro

Metallica sucks, and Megadeth is better. At least Megadeth never made a Lulu or St. Anger, and even Risk or Super Collider are better than most of the songs that Metallica has made since 1991.

Metallica's Kill Em All and Ride The Lightning were their best albums, and Master of Puppets was ok. Dave Mustaine wrote some of the best songs from those first two albums, which include The Four Horsemen, Jump in the Fire, Phantom Lord, Metal Militia, Ride The Lightning, and The Call of Ktulu. That last song I mentioned, the final track of Ride The Lightning, was one of the greatest instrumentals in metal history, and Metallica's best instrumental. Megadeth's songs also have better lyrics than Metallica's, and each of the members have more talent. Looking Down the Cross, Good Mourning/Black Friday, In My Darkest Hour, Rust In Peace... Polaris, Countdown to Extinction, Promises, and Poisonous Shadows are just 7 Megadeth songs that are better than some of the songs from Kill Em All and Ride The Lightning, most of the songs from Master of Puppets and ...And Justice From All, and pretty much every song after that.

At least Megadeth still has good music today. Metallica will just make a bunch of crap albums like Hardwired and Lulu and will end up selling out. Megadeth however makes good music, and later albums like Endgame and Dystopia still have the roots of their classic thrash, and other albums like The World Needs a Hero, was more experimental compared to the other albums, and they did a good job, unlike Metallica who tried too hard with Load and Reload.

Metallica's music is just thrash metal. Nothing special about it, just plain thrash. They also were not the first thrash metal band. Venom, Exodus, Overkill, and Anthrax were all formed before Metallica. They did get a little progressive with And Justice for All, but besides that, there is nothing special about them. Megadeth, however, was a better band, playing faster and heavier, while keeping the roots of punk rock. Megadeth's earliest music from Killing is my Business and Peace Sells, would be technical thrash metal. Metallica's Kill Em All, regular thrash metal.

I could go on and on about why Megadeth is better than Metallica, but I'm running out of time so I'll end here for now.
cakerman

Con

I will begin by rebutting your statement that Ride The Lightning and Kill Em' All were Metallicas best albums, which is inaccurate if we go by terms of record sales. Metallica's album, bluntly named "Metallica", also known as The Black Album was their best selling album with 21.2 million worldwide sales, which is nearly half of Megadeth's recorded total worldwide sales of 50 million copies, keep in mind that is one Metallica album compared with Megadeth's total sales from all of their albums. As far as you talking about the best metal instrumentals and lyrics, that is all objective opinion of which there's nothing to really debate. As far as Metallica not being the first Thrash Metal band on the planet, I agree fully, but neither was Megadeth, remember Megadeth was founded 2 years later and was actually inspired by Metallica. Metallica had it's own special style of Thrash music, which brings me to my last point. You haven't given me much to debate, the first round consisted of your objective opinion about the subject and I'm sure plenty of others agree with you. Many others, including myself, however, don't.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 1 year ago
FanboyMctroll
Wow I'm impressed you really know your stuff on Megadeth and Metallica

How many of the 3/4 length rock t-shirts do you own, the ones with the World Tour on the back??

Still sporting the mullet?

I always preferred Iron Maiden and Judas Priest when I had the mullet