RGarland
Gryffindorgirl972

Men and Women are Equal in all Aspects

RGarland

Con

(Pro) Round 1: Acceptance, Opening Arguments
(Con): Round 2: Rebuttal, Present Arguments
(Pro): Round 2: Rebuttal, Present Arguments
(Con) Round 3: Rebuttal, Present Arguments
(Pro) Round 4: Rebuttal, NO New Arguments

After seeing your comment on the post about Men being superior (I also voted no) I plead you to accept this debate. If you cannot debate me, you are contradicting your argument that men and women are just as intelligent as each other, because any reasonable point should be able to withstand public scrutiny...
Gryffindorgirl972

Pro

I'd just like to say a few words. I went to school pep rally recently and found in the Wrestling team, there was a single girl. I was very impressed, because Wrestling by far is a hard sport. Also this goes with football. Who says girls can't play? I disagree completely! Some of my best friends are very skilled at football, and I encourage them a ton. And no, we are not the 'weaker sex' as many say. We are just as skilled as any man. Which might be a reason why I have more female teachers than male. And History says it too. Who helped slaves in the underground rail road? That's right, a woman, and her name was Harriet Tubman, who had the bravery and courage to help others, even though she was a slave, and it was a dangerous thing to do. And Marie Curie? She has to be one of my idols by far. Marie Curie was the first woman to win the Nobel peace prize, and the only woman to win the award in two different fields. That, by far, is incredible. Women are a strong gender, by far. We should all admit it.

http://www.biography.com...
RGarland

Con

RGarland forfeited this round.
Gryffindorgirl972

Pro

Gryffindorgirl972 forfeited this round.
RGarland

Con

First off, men are superior to women physically by far, and you proved it in your post. If you were impressed that a girl was on the wrestling team, why is that? Because generally, men are on the wrestling team because they are stronger. I'm not saying there are no strong women, but generally speaking, men are stronger. This is why the standards had to be lowered in the military and fire departments for women, because they couldn't make it in. In fact, the strongest woman in the wold was beaten in arm wrestling by AVERAGE guys. This is the STRONGEST woman!!! That just shows that biologically, men are stronger than women. My next post will regard intelligence.
Gryffindorgirl972

Pro

Gryffindorgirl972 forfeited this round.
RGarland

Con

So in your initial argument, you stated that because some woman won the Nobel peace prize ion two fields, it proves women are superior. I ask you, why is this such an accomplishment? Men have done this MULTIPLE times, and just because a woman does it once, you think they are a stronger gender? LMAO I'm sorry but that is absurd! In fact, out of a total of 862 Nobel Peace Prize's awarded, only 43 have been awarded to women! So in short, men have made far more beneficial advances in women. Why do you think that all significant things have been invented by men? Do you need examples? How about the car, the plane, the computer, the internet, even all modern forms of government! All the things women have invented were additions to mens accomplishments, such as windshield wipers, which is an addition to the car. In fact, history as a whole is evidence of men being more intelligent! For every significant woman in history, there are 100 men that are also significant. All the great thinkers of the renaissance and inventors, all men by the way. All of this is evidence that in general, men are smarter than women. Now, I remind you, i am certainly not saying that all men are smarter than all women! I am making a generalization (which isn't bad, considering that without generalizations, we wouldn't be able to make laws and run society), that by in large, men are more intelligent than women. There are certainly women who have been very significant like Marie Curie and Joan of Arc, but these are a very small portion of women, compared to men. Also, why do you think the highest paid FEMALE CEO in the United States was, in fact, born a man! I would say that transsexuals are FAR more discriminated against than women! Why is it then, that not a single woman could make more than this woman? It is because, biologically, this woman has the mind and intelligence of a man. Finally, why are there so many more men going into the harder Maths and Sciences than women? In case you disagree that history is substantial evidence (even though historical evidence is far more important than other types of evidence), here's some modern statistics for you. In 2009, 350,465 women took AP tests in science and math, while 391,777 men took them. 41,000 is quite a difference, I do declare. Also, on ALL Math and Science AP Tests, men on average scored significantly higher than women, with the exception of Computer Science AB, where they scored the same. So that means in Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics, Mechanics, Biology, Calculus AB, Computer Science A, Calculus BC, and Physics C - Electricity and Magnetism, men scored higher on average. Interesting, isn't it? Also, on average, over 15% of male freshmen planned to major in Engineering, Computer Science, or Physical Sciences, compared to the only 5% of females that planned to. Hmmmmm I'm seeing a trend, are you? Also, only 15% of women planned to major in STEM fields, compared to nearly 30% of men. That's nearly double the number of women! Shall I keep throwing modern statistics at you? While over 138,000 men earned degrees in Science and Engineering Fields in 2007, only a little over 88,000 women did. That's a 50,000 person difference!!! While there are many more statistics to prove my point, I feel that you get the idea. If you want to view them yourself, though, go to http://www.aauw.org... and see for yourself these statistics. So in conclusion, throughout history and in modern times, men have proven to generally be more intelligent than women. Please use reason to come to a conclusion, do not just believe what the feminists out there tell you. There is real evidence and statistics that support my claim, while you lack many to support yours.

SOURCES:
http://www.aauw.org...
http://nymag.com...
http://www.npr.org...
http://www.npr.org...
Gryffindorgirl972

Pro

Gryffindorgirl972 forfeited this round.
Posted by RGarland 2 years ago
RGarland
seriously, nobody wants to vote? absurd!
Posted by RGarland 2 years ago
RGarland
I'm really sorry u missed my round, I forgot about it completely! I will post next round!
Posted by Kozu 2 years ago
Kozu
Prisons are made up of 92% males. The difference is obvious their levels of empathy and aggression. You should read my debate on it.
Posted by bman7720 2 years ago
bman7720
Mister, women also live longer and have larger internal organs.
Posted by bman7720 2 years ago
bman7720
In the topic you say "All aspects", but in your argument you state that they're equal in intelligence. Which are you arguing?
Posted by Mister_Man 2 years ago
Mister_Man
Basically al you gotta do is show how a man and woman are not equal in one area, and you've won. Women can breastfeed, men can't. OH WELL YOU WON.