m1croworld
ritambhara

"Men and Women can be friends"

m1croworld

Pro

*I want a reasoning debate for this topic.

Some say that men and women cannot be friends because it will turn into lovers eventually.I disagree with that . :)

definition:friend [frend] Show IPA
noun
1.
a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2.
a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.
3.
a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?
4.
a member of the same nation, party, etc.
5.
( initial capital letter ) a member of the Religious Society of Friends; a Quaker.

*I took the pro side,I will argue that Men and women can be friends.My opponent will take the Con side and must argue that men and women cannot be friends.

*This debate is maximum of 2,000 characters only

*First round is for acceptance.

I'm hoping that this will turn into friendly debate,Good luck to us. :)

source:http://dictionary.reference.com...
ritambhara

Con

according to me men and women cannot be friends...
if this had been true that two different genders are good friends then no love stories would have began...
it is common in every co -educative school that this boy is in love with that girl and moreon. If we will look around we will find almost every one agreeing with this view as it actually happens in reality
m1croworld

Pro

*My opponent violated the rule,First round should only be for acceptance.

Since it's there let's just continue.I will just defend his case and then I will present my case. :)

My opponent said:if this had been true that two different genders are good friends then no love stories would have began.
~Actually you are wrong because the word used in our topic is "can" not "can only".

My opponent said: If we will look around we will find almost every one agreeing with this view as it actually happens in reality.
~My opponent gives an opinion,a saying that comes through her own thoughts.
~There is no single proof that supports your argument
~Since sentence A is false and sentence B supports sentence A.Then,.sentence A and B are both wrong.

*My case
A study team from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire recruited 44 pairs of college-age guy-girl friends, separated them, and asked each a series of questions about their attraction to their "buddy." The average length of the friendship was two years, though some had been friends for 10 years or more.
~base upon study man and woman could be friends but attraction have high percentage,it's up to you if you break it.

~Everything that you choose is upon yourself.It's up to you if you let yourself fall in love or not. :)

I'm hoping for a great refute Ms.ritambhara.

Reference:
http://news.menshealth.com...
ritambhara

Con

ritambhara forfeited this round.
m1croworld

Pro

My opponent had forfeited.
Another thing,love causes addiction and the more you are closer to your opposite sex friend the more you"ll be attracted to him,but it doesn"t mean that you couldn't stay friends with him.Remember that nothing is impossible,we can achieve all things but it have a requirement.

Lindsay / United States
Yes, I think opposite sex can be best friends. My best friend happens to be a male and is not my husband. Of course, my husband is one of my best friends, but the person that I rely on for friendship is a male, and I don't think it makes a difference.

Katia / Mexico
I absolutely think that a man and a woman can be good friends or best friends, even though they're married to other people. Friendship doesn't have a gender, so I really don't think that would be a problem if a man and a woman are best friends.

Matt / United States
I think that once you get married that that person you're married to is going to be your best friend for life. So, with that in mind, yes, man and woman can be best friends for life.

Warren / Canada
I think it's possible, but really unlikely. Naturally, I believe that the relationship between a man and a woman usually has other connotations than it would be with two guys or two girls.

Sarah / England
Men and women can be best friends for life. In my opinion, I don't see what the difference is between a man and a woman being friends, and a man and a man, or a woman and a woman. If one's the same, I don't see why gender should be an issue when it comes to friendship.

. .Nothing is impossible

please vote for Pro(for) :)

Reference:
http://www.elllo.org...
ritambhara

Con

ritambhara forfeited this round.