Kelisitaan
Matpat

Men and women are equal

Matpat has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Kelisitaan

Con

Men and women are equal. I will argue that this statement is false. My opponent will argue it's true.

Rules: No new arguments in R4
Matpat

Pro

Hi Kelisitaan, remember me? Your frequent abortion debater? Yeah?

Anyway, as you didn't debate in round 1, I won't either. Just wanted to drop in and say hi, and apologize for attacking you and your character. I won't do that anymore. That was insensitive of me, and I hope you will forgive me and have a friendly debate with this.
Kelisitaan

Con

Men and women are not equal. Due to evolution (or "god" if you are one of the cray crays), men and women have evolved into different roles. Men are better at being the hunter/provider type, and women are better at being the nurturing/mother type. Of course, these are generalizations, but since we are talking about men and women and general, we will be speaking in generalizations.

Because of these differences, men and women have different strengths and weaknesses as well (in general). Men can build muscle easier than women can, for example. http://www.livestrong.com......

The list of course goes on and on, but in order for a statement to be false, only ONE example needs to be given.

Men and women are not equal because men can build muscle easier.

/Debate
Matpat

Pro

Just because men and women have different body chemistry does not mean that they are not equal. However, this argument rests on the strings of vagueness. This debate will only make sense if you define the term "equal".

Loose definitions of equal:

1. Exactly alike, physically
2. Having same rights and privileges
3. Being the same species
4. Being members of the Body of Christ

Choose your definition, and I'll see you in the next debate.
Kelisitaan

Con

Equal means exactly alike. Which is why you lose.

/Debate