Men are better to kiss with facial hair

Started: 4/15/2015 Category: Funny

Statistically speaking, growing a beard has been a sign of manliness since the dawn of time. Scientists believe that prehistoric men had beards for warmth, intimidation and protection.

Warmth- keeping the chin, lips and lower head warm.
Intimidation- through a thicker, stronger looking jaw line.
Protection-almost like a cushion, protection from punches or blows to the face.

A study of facial hair has shown that 2/3 of women find men with a fully grown beard as attractive as a man with no facial hair.

Just cause men want to look manly, doesn't mean women want this. According to this:
Men and women both prefer shaved beards, making your 2/3 women... statistic false!

Facial Hair is unhygienic

According to the daily mail having beards are perfect for harvesting bacteria which spreads germs and cause infections. So with this in mind, why would having a beard make men better to kiss?

Pro has proof that there are many benefits for men with facial hair:
  • Religious benefits- the beard is the Sunnah of all the Prophets of peace
  • Attractive Masculinity- making you look more manly
  • attractive- a beard increases "sexual magnetism" making men more appealing to women.
  • save money, water, time- men spend thouands of dollars in their lifetime on shaving.

A man without a beard, is like a lion with out mane.- annonymous

The pro has not rebutted me. I rebut the pro now:
The pro has simply quoted ideas and therefore not really putting a new idea out.

Facial Hair is voted less attractive

Surveys done across the world have proven that people find men more attractive without a beard. According to:
The survey they did was also with this outcome. This point is about what the people want and they have chosen.

This; doesn't prove your point on the survey. My statistics are correct: women perferr men with beards. looking more masculine, stonger, protective and handsome as a fully shaved man, men beards are preferable over any other.

Your statistics are from 2013, whereas my statistics are more updated. Throughout the debate you have defined words but haven't actually said why you believe in your side of the debate.

My points were: facial hair is unhygienic and facial hair is voted less attractive. Pro is trying to tell me that my information is false. This is ridiculous and all information used in this debate is completely valid.

So now, have a think and remember, would you kiss someone with an unhygienic beard?
Posted by bluesteel 1 year ago
>Reported vote: birdlandmemories // Moderator action: Removed<

1 point to Con (S&G). Reasons for voting decision: Overall an even debate, except there were a couple of spelling mistakes by pro. The arguments could of been a little bit more in depth, but this was a good debate.

[*Reason for removal*] Failure to specify the type of spelling error. After reading the debate, these errors were not apparent. Pro had at most one spelling error, and a single error doesn't merit awarding the point.
Posted by 2ninjacat 1 year ago
Thanks accepting the debate Zariah, I enjoyed versing you :)
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
When I have a full beard my wife complains that it tickles her thighs, then later if my beard gets wet it smells like I was eating at the y, and then I can't kiss my mom.
Vote Placed by tejretics 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: Tie. Reasonable conduct was maintained by both sides. | S&G: Con frequently used the article "the" before "Pro", which is completely incorrect as "Pro", at least in debate terms, is a proper noun used in place of the username and is NOT an abbreviation for "proposition". "Facial Hair is voted less attractive" - "hair" is unnecessarily capitalized. Con made many more mistakes, while Pro maintained fairly good grammar throughout the debate. | Arguments: Con's only argument was a valid preference statistic, or so they claimed. It was rather an analysis on *graduating* decline in appeal of beards, while Pro's statistic showed the *current* position in statistic form. Overall, the preference part was tied. But that is not the sole criterion for something to be "better". Pro also showed religious, attractive and financial advantages of a beard which increase general attraction. But the hygiene argument is nonetheless strong, so arguments are a tie. | Sources are tied. |