HittinHard
Freeman

Men are smarter than women.

HittinHard

Pro

History has proven that men are indeed smarter than women. It has shown that men have a greater intellectual standpoint and the fact that women waited until the twentieth century to even start to protest for their rights only backs this up.
Freeman

Con

=======
Case Con
=======

My opponent claims that men are smarter than women. The burden of proof is on him to demonstrate why this is true. He has neither provided any evidence for this resolution nor has he given a definition for intelligence and thus has failed to meet his burden. This alone is enough to negate the resolution. Vote Con
HittinHard

Pro

Intelligence:Intelligence is an umbrella term used to describe a property of the mind that encompasses many related abilities, such as the capacities to reason, to plan, to solve problems, to think abstractly, to comprehend ideas, to use language, and to learn.
Evidence: Recent studies have raised questions about the validity of this claim, he said. One such study showed that men have larger brains than women, a 100 gram difference after correcting for body size. Rushton found similar results in a study of gender and brain size. When Rushton and colleagues weighted each SAT question by an established general intelligence factor called the g-factor, they discovered that males surpassed females by an average of 3.6 IQ points.
Freeman

Con

The assertion that men are smarter than women, as a universal claim, entails the notion that men are smarter than women regardless of environmental factors. In other words men are genetically predisposed to be smarter than women. He has provided no evidence that this is true.

He gives one case study, with no sources, and from there makes the sweeping generalization that men are more intelligent than women. The decades of data, research, double blind studies, and Meta analysis that would vindicate my opponent's position have yet to be produced. He can't possibly prove the resolution because the evidence and research he would need to point to isn't available. Resolution Negated

Best,
Freeman
HittinHard

Pro

HittinHard forfeited this round.
Freeman

Con

========
========

The only things my opponent has been able to demonstrate thus far is that he holds bigoted i.e. (unjustified) views against women, and that he is amply capable of creating hasty generalizations. One single study cannot possibly confirm what my antagonist is trying to prove. He also fails to realize that men have subjugated women for centuries. This alone demonstrates the main flaw in my opponents reasoning. How are we to judge the universal intelligence of men and women if both groups aren't on equal playing fields?

Best,
Freeman
Posted by MTGandP 8 years ago
MTGandP
Freeman, you should have brought up the point that a) brain size has minimal correlation to intelligence and b) SATs are not only inaccurate, but mostly designed for male students. Either way though, you still won.
Posted by Lifeisgood 8 years ago
Lifeisgood
This one didn't need "thoughtful consideration". Freeman gets conduct, grammar, and arguments easily.
Posted by Realist 8 years ago
Realist
A 750 character count is far too limited in my opinion. That's only 50% larger than a youtube comment box and there's nothing I hate more than trying to discuss something or argue with someone via youtube comments :P

I apologize also; I'd vote in favour of Con on this one not only for the superior position but for vastly better conduct during the exchange, but I'm unable to verify my identity. I assume the verification option is most likely not available outside of the US as I've entered my mobile number but haven't received a code via SMS :(
Posted by Freeman 8 years ago
Freeman
I would deeply appreciate it if someone would read and then vote on the debate after thoughtful consideration.
Posted by Realist 8 years ago
Realist
It's also a fact that women were not given the same education as men were until very recently. As Plato said in (if I remember correctly) The Republic - "If we want women to do the same things as men, we must teach them the same things".
Posted by nephilim 8 years ago
nephilim
After many a year women finally made it to parliament here in Norway. Not bad at all.
Posted by Freeman 8 years ago
Freeman
I had to take out two sentences from my round two rebuttal because they wouldn't fit.
Posted by Freeman 8 years ago
Freeman
Mikuru, I was going to do just that. But I only have a 750 limit character count to work with.
Posted by Maikuru 8 years ago
Maikuru
Con, you would do well to provide some argument in defense of your position, even if the opposition is poorly structured.
Posted by Cerebral_Narcissist 8 years ago
Cerebral_Narcissist
I am happy for people to say "aha you have the burden of proof" but I would still like to see people make a substantial argument as well. There are several lines of attack you can use.
Vote Placed by rougeagent21 7 years ago
rougeagent21
HittinHardFreemanTied
Vote Placed by HittinHard 7 years ago
HittinHard
HittinHardFreemanTied
Vote Placed by The_Anarchist_Opposition 7 years ago
The_Anarchist_Opposition
HittinHardFreemanTied
Vote Placed by porkbunlover 8 years ago
porkbunlover
HittinHardFreemanTied
Vote Placed by MTGandP 8 years ago
MTGandP
HittinHardFreemanTied
Vote Placed by Lifeisgood 8 years ago
Lifeisgood
HittinHardFreemanTied