Lencie
Logical-Master

Men have easier life than women

Lencie

Pro

Ladies and gentlemen - have you ever wondered whether your gender brings you more benefits than the other one? In this debate, I will show you that to be born as a man means easier life than to be born as a woman. Are you interested? Go on - I am proving you this in three main arguments:

Definitions:
"easier life" = "life with less troubles"

Arguments:
1. Men have easier life than women because they don't have to stand as much pain as women do

Firstly, we have to realize that men don't give birth, which is painful and sometimes even endangers life of a woman (or her baby).
Secondly, men don't have a period. Pangs, repeating every month.
Therefore, men don't have to stand as much pain in their lives as women do, which means that their lives are easier.

2. Men have easier life than women because they aren't supposed to be looking after the household

As we know, in most families it is the woman who has to deal with everyday problems - from broken light bulb to looking after a naughty child. Men usually come home from work, sit in front of TV and expect warm dinner. Why would they help? It's like: "I won't wash the dishes. Buy a dishwasher," they say.
In our society it is considered "normal" and "acceptable" when men go out to pubs and enjoy themselves and women are on the contrary "supposed" to wait for them at home and help kids with the homework in the meantime.
That is not fair. The society doesn't expect men do do housework, therefore most of them don't do it. Therefore, women have to. Therefore, men have easier life than women.

3. Men have easier life than women because they don't have to look after themselves as much as women do

Firstly, men don't have to shave their legs (or any other part of their body if they don't really WANT to). Shaving takes up a little bit too much time and isn't gratis either.
Secondly, men don't have to tear their eyebrows, which also takes up time and is quite painful.
Thirdly, they don't have to wear make-up, use lipsticks etc., that are expensive.
What is more - a long-haired unwashed man looks usually better than a long-haired unwashed woman (at least that's how we - the society - perceive it because we all "expect" women to look good all the time, which is clearly unfair).

Therefore, men clearly have easier life than women.
Logical-Master

Con

Hmm, I was going to pull out the "big guns", but since my opponent has expressed the desire to simply have a "fun debate", I'll go ahead and accept many of her erroneous generalizations of society.

In this debate, my only objective is to disprove the topic. Ergo, I can argue that women have an easier life than men or that at the very least, both have an equal burden in life.

RE Definitions: I shall accept this definition.

Now, let us proceed carefully.

RE: 1: "Men have easier life than women because they don't have to stand as much pain as women do"

Although it's true that men don't have periods nor do they experience child birth, this isn't really sufficient reason to conclude that women have it easier. After all, it is a fact that men generally have regularly endure far more physical labor in their lives than women. Whether it be doing construction work, fighting in wars, doing police work or working out alot just to PLEASE women, men end up coping with pain far moreso than women DAILY. Thus, whereas women may experience some pain everyone once in a while, it is the men who have to experience it quite regularly. Given that my opponent argues under the notion that women have it tough because they have to stay at home, I'm sure she won't be able to provide an effective argument here.

In addition, child birth is actually an advantage as woman have the most control over our species' population.

RE: 2 Men have easier life than women because they aren't supposed to be looking after the household.

Usually, I would have problems with the second part of this claim, but since accepting it works well for my argument, I will agree that women are supposed to be looking after the household. That said, from experience, I submit that looking after the household is not a difficult task. Honestly now, what's so difficult about cleaning a couple of rooms, washing the dishes, making dinner, and taking care of some children (just turn on spongebob, give them some juice, and they'll practically take care of themselves)(who will eventually be attending schools throughout most of the day anyway)? Big deal. All of the aforementioned jobs take no more than two hours to complete for a capable individual. All in all, a piece of cake.

On the other hand, men have it harder. Whereas a women could simply watch TV and relax in between handling the aforementioned house tasks, men get no such breaks. Besides the physical labor for many jobs we have to take into consideration that men have little time to relax during most jobs, are more pressured (since it is them bringing home the bacon which allows for women to be able to take care of a house in the first place) and generally work under an employer (whereas women who stay home and take care of their homes are their own boss, thus can work at their own convenience). So honestly, the mere fact that men may decide to go to a pub every once in a while (something which a women could very well do while the man is at work) is utterly meaningless given the amount of slack women have in general.

RE 3. Men have easier life than women because they don't have to look after themselves as much as women do"

Men may not have to shave their legs, but unlike women, they need to work out and keep themselves well groomed. Since PRO makes a clear that physical irritation is indeed a means of demonstrating which side has it harder, this point obviously goes to me given that men often need to work out to impress women. And honestly, working out is a pain in the butt. Surely merely having to shave your legs, tear their eye browes and wearing makeup isn't as tedious as pumping iron quite regularly. At least the former doesn't leave you sore for a week.

In addition, I shall submit a rather interesting line of thought which I found on the imdb boards dictated by a user who goes by the name of br0ck.:

QUESTION: Why do you males have a problem with the female whores?

RESPONSE: The reason is, quite frankly, because guys have to work harder in life to get laid than women do. At least 95% of single women out there can still get laid any time they want, where as for single guys id say its more like 25%. its so easy on women its almost comical, a woman could walk up to a crowd of strangers and say "I want sex" and at least one guy would comply.. a woman can go to a bar and have 5+ guys trying to pick her up, or go online and get dozens of guys trying to meet them IRL. All women have to do is spread their legs and they get sex any time they want, if a guy tries the same tings people will think eh's weird and possibly call the cops on him.

THAT is why when a woman sleeps around a lot shes a slut, cause she is showing no self control and abusing her privileges. It takes no effort on her part, where as a guy has to work hard to be a 'male slut'. The burden of courtship still rests almost entirely on males even for one night stands, we have to impress women with our looks, money, personality, etc. before she agrees to have sex with us, again all a woman has to do is spread her legs, she could be a 400 pound slob with no teeth living in a trailer with their family, and still have men willing to have sex with her. Where as for a guy to be able to pick up women any time they want they generally have to work out in a gym regularly, have a good job, drive a nice car, have a average or better sized penis, dress nice, wear cologne, have a place of their own to take the woman back to, pay for dinner and possibly more before getting to the sex, etc.

Do you get it yet? Its a double standard that has existed for a long time.. in the single world, men have such low standards that women are the ones who get to do almost all of the sexual selection. Therefore a man who gets selected for sex by a lot of women probably has things going for him in his life and is attractive, charming, wealthy, etc. On the other hand a woman doesn't need any of those characteristics to have a lot of sex, all she has to do is spread her legs, cause there will always be a man willing to lower his standards and do her. Hence women who sleep around are usually just sluts with no self control, where as men who get a lot of "action" are doing alright in life and taking advantage of their success."

Indeed, the point being made is that women have an easier time getting laid than men do.

From all of this, we can come to one of two conclusions:

Conclusion A: Both men and women have it hard just as they both have it easy. The benefits and negatives to being either sex balances out.

Conclusion B: Men have it harder than women.

With either conclusion, you would be obligated to vote CON.

And that'll do it for now. Due to being really tired, I elaborate (if necessary) on any of the above points made during the next round. Later
Lencie

Pro

Firstly I would like to thank my opponent for accepting the definition and the subheading of "funny debate".

Now, I will go through the arguments we both brought to this debate, explain my points in more detail and disprove the arguments that my opponent brought.

Moving to my first argument that "Men have easier life than women because they don't have to stand as much pain as women do":

My opponent wrote "Although it's true that men don't have periods nor do they experience child birth, this isn't really sufficient reason to conclude that women have it easier" - but I will assume by the context that what my opponent meant to say was "...conclude that MEN have it easier". Even if this is what my opponent meant, it doesn't make the whole 'con' argument seem less like a doughnut with a hole.
My opponent claims that men generally endure far more physical labor in their lives than women. E.g. fighting in wars, construction work, police work or just simply working out. Firstly, I would like to point out that it's not only men that do these things. (I admit that there's a majority of them in these jobs but still...). Secondly, the more and more civilized the world becomes, the less wars we have, right? (Well, WWIII. would most probably kill us all... so we are definitely LUCKY, aren't we?) Less wars means less men fighting. That means that majority of men never actually have to fight in a war. Thirdly, why do men actually work out? (Let's presume that most of them do really work out.) To please women "just because", or because they basically want women to have sex with them (to do something that men WANT)?...Of course the latter.
My opponent ignored the fact that giving birth is not only painful but also endangers life of women. (Even nowadays.) Giving birth is considered "natural" for women, right? Is there ANYTHING "natural" for men to do that could endanger their lives? No.
What is more - the period. My opponent can't really disprove this argument - since you can ALWAYS change an exhausting job or simply stop working out - but women can't do anything with the pangs they become every month. Therefore, they HAVE TO stand more pain than men do. More pain means definitely some trouble. Therefore, the motion stands.
My opponent also made a little point that "child birth is actually an advantage as woman have the most control over our species' population". How does this argument link with the argument about pain? ...Anyway, most of women still decide with men together - whether to have a baby or not (since most of the women prefer "classical families" - meaning mother, FATHER and children). It can be said that women have sort of "Veto - right", but responsibility to choose the "right thing" doesn't always count as a benefit, does it? It means stress. (e.g. "Is abortion the right thing? / Should I give birth although I don't have the "right" father for my child? / I don't have enough money...")
Stress is bad for psychical health. It's trouble. Therefore, women really have it hard.

Let's move to the second argument that "Men have easier life than women because they aren't supposed to be looking after the household".

My opponent says that looking after a household is just a piece of cake. No big deal. Let's look at the housework in more detail. We have washing machines. Great. I agree, that's pretty easy (1 hour per week? ..to get the clothes in and out). Ironing? Let's say 3 hours per week (family with one child). Cooking? 7 hours per week (if you're not one of those families, who always eat out). Looking after that one child? (depends on age, I know) Let's say 3 hours per week on average. Vacuum cleaning? 2 hours per week. Dusting a place? 1 hour/week. Plus add looking after your garden (if you have some) - 1 hour/week, looking after your pets - 2 hours per week ("Mom, I would like to have a dog..." ...Two months later: It's definitely NOT the child that looks after it. Usually.), shopping ("basic things needed" - e.g. food, tooth-paste, toilet paper etc.) - 1 hour per week. And so on and on.
That makes quite a long list. Divided into 7 days it doesn't sound that bad (really those 2 hours/day). On the other hand if you take into account that most women also go to work, it doesn't look that good. Women can also have tiring jobs, can't they?
To the second part of the argument that men "have little time to relax during most jobs, are more pressured (since it is them bringing home the bacon which allows for women to be able to take care of a house in the first place) and generally work under an employer": It depends on the job (and your boos) whether you have time to relax during your job. Nowadays it is said that short breaks are good for the employees since then they can work for longer time periods and more effectively. Men may be pressured because of the responsibility of bringing home money - but everyone who works feels like that. What is more, women can be pressured too (since it's THEIR responsibility to take care after the house and if something goes wrong then it's more or less considered as their fault).
Since there are many women who not only have to look after the household, but also have to go to work (because - for example - their husband doesn't earn that much), they have it harder. Since they have it harder, they have more troubles in their lives. Therefore, the motion stands.

Let's move to the third argument that "Men have easier life than women because they don't have to look after themselves as much as women do".

My opponent claims, that it's just men that have to work out. Women also 'have to' look good since they want the ability of choosing the best partner for their (prospective) children. If women don't look after themselves, they simply lose this ability. They can't choose. (How many rich and powerful men would marry corpulent woman when they can choose from more beautiful ones who want them?) In addition to working out, women have to shave, wear make-up etc. Therefore, men have it easier. Therefore, the motion stands.

I quite disagree with some facts my opponent stated in the "response":
Firstly, show me any man who would be willing to have sex with a "400 pound slob with no teeth living in a trailer with her family". Does anyone like that exist? Really? I am just wondering...
Secondly, not every woman wants a man with a cool car, lots of money, big penis etc. Many ordinary woman usually only want the men to love them (or, at least, say "I love you") when they want to sleep with them.
And thirdly, if a man wants sex then he has no problem whatsoever to go whorehouse - no one would nowadays consider that "weird". If a woman goes to lewd house, it still may be considered "abnormal".

So, ladies and gentlemen. I hope that after my further explanation and after re-stating my arguments you now fully realize that women have it harder than men. Men have easier lives with less pain, don't have to look after the household (after work), don't have to look after themselves as much as women do.
I hope that you will vote 'Pro'.
Thank you for reading up to here;)
And I am looking forward to my opponent's next post...
Logical-Master

Con

RE RE: 1: "Men have easier life than women because they don't have to stand as much pain as women do"

In response to by rebuttal to this point, PRO provides 6 points. I shall respond to them numerically.

1: She says that it's not only men that do these strenuous acts of labor which men do, however, I believe it was nonverbally agreed that this debate concerned the "ideal" man and women and wasn't speaking in absolutes. Otherwise, if PRO wants to take this position, then I'll simply point out that not all women experience child birth, not all women work at home and not all women care about being good eye candy to males.

2: Here's what PRO is saying in syllogism format:

a) The more and more civilized the world becomes, the less wars there will be.
b) If there is less wars, there is less fighting.
c) Therefore, the majority of men never have to actually fight in the war.

This is clearly a text book example of the non sequitur fallacy. This is simply because the first and second premise speak hypothetically only to make a conclusion that is not hypothetical but rather a statement of fact through observation of the real world. In other words, PRO's argument is the equivalent to saying "Since I could hypothetically earn one million dollars, I have earned one million dollars."

In addition, I certainly don't see this world as becoming more civilized at the moment. Wars over oil and land are constantly being fought as we speak. In fact, I'd say that war will erupt if nothing is done about global warming or overpopulation, but that's a completely different debate which I won't touch up on here.

3: Uh . . . sure, I guess I'll agree that men work out because they want women to have sex with them, but that's pretty much what I was saying in the previous round. :D

4. Endangering? Hardly. Maybe in 3rd world countries, but for the most part, our advances in medical science enabled us to drastically lower the likelihood of death during pregnancy. Even so, this is something women have control of as they can just as easily avoid getting pregnant if they dislike the aspect of pain which will occur for a rather short amount of time.

5.. Nope. It is fact that women don't HAVE TO experience periods. Voila: http://www.sciencedaily.com... Since women have a means of suppressing their menstrual cycle, then is no different than men having a means to end their as well. Sure, one may be natural, but this debate doesn't merely concern whether or not men have easier lives than women when it comes to bodily efficiency, but whether or not their lives are easier PERIOD. Motion failed.

6. It links to the argument concerning pain because it concludes that "pain" is only a minor sacrifice in terms of the benefits that come about.

RE RE: 2 Men have easier life than women because they aren't supposed to be looking after the household.

1: First, let us go ahead and exclude "walking the dog" and "taking care of the garden" since neither is a part of "handing an ideal household."

Now, with the above excluded, the total amount of hours comes up to 19 hours (out of 168 hours in a week). When we compare this to a liberal estimate on how many hours men may work at paying jobs during the idea (8 hours, 5 days a week), we see that it comes up to 40 hours.

2. Nevertheless, PRO realizes the above hence why she decides to shift her argument to claiming that "most" women work and take care of their children in spite of the fact that her original point was that women merely work in the household. Obviously, this is a clear example of the "moving the goal post fallacy" on PROs part. I find her method here to be highly abusive. Nevertheless, to counter her abusive tactics, I'd like to point out that there is a great deal of men who have to put up with housework AND a paying job as there are many men who are single parents. In addition, I'd like to point out that there are many men who fall under PRO's example of women; men who have to multitask to cope with the women's lowing pay job and poor housework abilities. Thus, it is pretty clear that PRO's argument is of no real merit. At very most, she is just showing that men and women are equal in terms of the burdens which life brings (which, as pointed out in R1, is one of the ways for you to vote CON in this debate).

3. PRO misunderstands me on the comparison between a job and housework. It is most obvious that there are more freedoms when one merely has to worry about housework as lets face it, there is no boss, you can do what you want when you want it, and you aren't stressed about whether or not you can earn something. Heck, while doing housework, one can easily manage to read a newspaper, watch tv and surf the web at the same time. As for this pressure which comes from taking care of the house, it's not that big of a deal really. An IDEAL husband will simply get into an argument or give his wife the cold shoulder of making a mistake over housework. On the other hand, if one is to make a mistake at a paying job, they risk getting Fired, ergo LOSING THEIR SOURCE OF MONEY.

RE RE: 3: "Men have easier life than women because they don't have to look after themselves as much as women do".

1: Again, PRO misunderstands me on this point. I'm not talking about woman having to avoid getting fat. That can EASILY BE (and is often) done without working out. As suggested in the previous round, I'm talking about building muscle mass through pumping iron; I'm talking extensively lifting weights (which can be very problematic as dictated here: http://www.local10.com... ). This brings about consistent stress and pain, thus is surely tiers above shaving your legs or putting on make up.

2a: Hmm, I'm not going to link the audience to any "questionable websites." That said, craigslist is a good example of place where you'd find these kinds of women. In fact, the reason I won't provide any links (although I'm willing via private message if is really that necessary to confirm my claim here) is because the area of the website which I'm referring to concerns prostitution. In light of that, it's even worse that men are willing to PAY MONEY just to get on with people such as that.

2b: Once again, PRO attempts to resort to the "not everyone does this" response, not realizing that I can just as easily point out that not every man cares about whether or not a woman keeps herself looking well to the extent which PRO talks about in this section.

2c: Sure, a man can go to a whorehouse. Relevance?

Points to note: Note that PRO's argument on "not every woman does X" works against her. Note that she has ended up changing her argument. Also note that she never really attempts to disprove my argument on woman having an easier opportunity to get laid than men. I

I could repeat myself, but I suppose I'll wrap this debate up in the third round.

Till then. Later. :D
Lencie

Pro

Ladies and gentlemen. Let me continue in this thrilling debate on the topic that "Men have easier life than women".

Now I am going to respond to the points my opponent brought:

1. Not all women experience child birth, not all women work at home and not all women care about being good eye candy to males. Right. I would like to point out that not all men endure physical labor. Just imagine the number of businessmen dining in expensive restaurants, the number of scientists (mostly males) who sit in front of their computers all days long. You can't just say "Most of men endure physical labor." You weren't saying that? At least now it seemed as if that was what you actually meant.

2. World is not becoming more and more civilized? Pardon me? Technology, international treaties and alliances, people traveling to space...isn't that "civilization"? Wars are fought. They have always been. Luckily, there is no "world war" at the moment. Basically, it's not like millions of men are dying on a battlefield. (Fortunately!) The number of men dying is most probably the lowest in our history. That's what "civilization" means. (Alliances, treaties, diplomacy!)

3. Perfect. If they want sex, then they shouldn't be moaning that they have to work out to impress women enough. They work out because of THEIR needs, not because of the needs of women. Therefore, we can regard it as THEIR choice and THEIR problem.

4. Aren't we debating globally? ..Whatever. We do make progress in medical science but you never have 100% sureness that the woman will survive the child birth. Now even nowadays. There's the human factor. Psychical health of the woman. And so on and on. Giving birth is never 100% safe. You can't disprove THAT.
Women can avoid getting pregnant. At least in developed countries. What would that lead to, if women in all developed countries refused to give birth? Women are aware of this fact and therefore, they realize that some of them simply have to give birth.

5. I also though that this is "funny debate" meaning "not using statistics". Whatever. There are women that do not experience the period - but still MOST of ordinary women still do experience them. And that periods mean pain is - I hope - quite clear to you.

To sum it up - my opponent wasn't able to disprove the basic pillars of my argument - most women do have to experience the period and can never be sure whether child birth is 100% safe. Furthermore, it really hurts. Since men don't have give birth and don't have periods (means that they don't have to stand as much pain as women do), the motion stands.

Let's move to the next argument that "Men have easier life than women because they aren't supposed to be looking after the household".

1., 2. It looks as if we got our wires crossed. I have never said that "most women don't go to work and just after the household". What I meant and still mean is that "most women go to work AND APART FROM THAT they HAVE TO LOOK AFTER the HOUSEHOLD".
Men as single parents. Great point, Sir. And women can't be single parents? This role is difficult for both sexes, which is why I didn't add it to my arguments earlier.
I would like to point out that if you - as a man - cope with the women's lowing pay job and poor housework abilities, it is still your choice. You don't have to live with such a woman. You can leave her..and then do everything yourself, no one can prohibit you to do so.
Still, those many many women who go to work (no matter how well-paid it may be, it's still a JOB) and apart from that have to look after the household, definitely have more difficult lives than men. The motion stands.

3. As I stated above, I still believe that most women both go to work and then look after the household - so I basically agree that going to work is not always fun, but when you add those extra "working hours" at home... Then it's definitely exhausting. For women, since it's usually THEM looking after the household.
When we take into account that women have to do these both activities, then we realize that men have easier lives. Therefore, the motion stands.

Moving to the third argument that "Men have easier life than women because they don't have to look after themselves as much as women do".

1. And why do men build muscle mass? Why do they need muscles in 21st century when there are machines doing hard work (cranes for example)? They want to impress women! And why? Because they want to have sex with them! (Look at point 3 in argument 1.)

2. I am claiming that MOST of women do care about how they do look like. Why? Because most of the men care. Got the point? As I already said before (and I am really trying hard not to repeat myself all the time) - women 'have to' look good since they want the ability of choosing the best partner for their (prospective) children. If women don't look after themselves, they simply lose this ability. They can't choose. (How many rich and powerful men would marry corpulent woman when they can choose from more beautiful ones who want them?). That is definitely true, ladies and gentlemen. So they are on diets (or work out) - which is always trouble - they shave, wear make-up etc., etc. Men don't have to do these things (apart from working out - if they want to impress women and have sex with them - meaning 'fulfill their own needs' (=needs of those men)).
Since men don't have to do these things, they have easier lives. Therefore, this argument stands. And the motion as well.

2c. Yes - if a woman has this need - most people will still look at her as she was doing something 'weird'. If men do this, it is usually 'tolerated'. Got the point? Men have it easier. Even this.

So I hope that I have made all my points clear to you and that you will vote PRO;)

Thank you for the debate:)
Logical-Master

Con

>>>>"Men have easier life than women".

1. PRO pointing out that not all men endure physical labor is utterly meaningless. She was the first one to resort to this "Not all X does this" argument when it was clear that this debate was being presented in terms of what is the stereotypical/ideal "MAN/Woman."

2. PRO never explains how improvement of technology as well as there being some treaties and alliances over all demonstrates tha the world is becoming more civilized (as in, we are abandoning the concept of war). Technology has ALWAYS been improving in the lifespan of our species known as "homosapiens" (we've gone through hitting each other with sticks, to hitting each other with swords, to using bows and arrows against each other to using guns to airplanes to using jets to using nuclear missiles)(not to mention that technology can and IS used to fuel war). Having treaties and alliances is no different. And regardless of whether or not you buy into PRO's argument that the world is becoming more civilized, this is not only a hardly relevant point, but she hasn't proven that the world has become civilized so much to the point where the amount of men fighting in them is SPARSE as that would be the only true means of combating my argument that men fight in wars.

3. Okay . . . even if they do work out because of their needs, how is this relavant in proving who has to put more work into getting some sex? The answer is that it isn't.

4. And I agree that there isn't 100% sureness that women will survive child birth, however, the fact that the chances are EXTREMELY low in addition to the fact that WOMEN HAVE AN OPTION as to whether or not they wish to bear a child demonstrates just how little relavance this point has for the instigator.

As for women in all developed countries refusing to give birth, that could very well lead to chaos (unless developed countries took advantage of the overpopulation in undeveloped countries via adoption), however, fortunately, many women CHOOSE to give birth. However, PRO's idea that women get together and say things such as "For the good our country, I shall give birth so that our population can sustain itself" as it bears little to resembalance to the real world.

5. Well I don't know about "not using EVIDENCE." I only agreed not to point out that PRO's arguments were based on stereotypes (until PRO went against this in R2). Anyway, this argument concerned choice and I've shown that women have an OPTION when it concerns having a period (in response to PRO advocating that men had a choice in contrary to woemn), due to medical advances.

>>>>"Men have easier life than women because they aren't supposed to be looking after the household".

1. I'm not going to dispute whether or not PRO truly meant what she said or whether or not her first round was clear enough. I shall leave that for YOU, the audience, to determine as I don't wish to use up characters on entertaining the aforementioned query.

Anyway, she says women can be single parents too. I agree, they can. However, this does nothing to help PRO's argument as we only come to conclusion that both men and women can have difficulty when it comes to these matters, thereby suggesting that the neither men or women have it easier, thereby negating the topic.

As for me (as a man) having the option to cope with a woman who has a low paying job and poor housework abilities, I agree that it is my choice and that I can very well leave the woman. However, last I checked, a woman has the option of doing the same, so once more, this just goes to suggest equality.

And given that there are also "many many men who go to work (no matter how well-paid it may be, it's still a JOB) and apart from that have to look after the household, definitel", this would simply once again bring us to the conclusion that the difficulty is equal overall, therefore negating the topic.

>>>>> "Men have easier life than women because they don't have to look after themselves as much as women do".

1. Yes, they want to impress women. I'm glad we can agree, though I'm not sure how this refutes my argument on men having to put more work into impressing a "potential partner." (don't bother looking at point 3 in the earlier argument as it doesn't prove that "women have a harder time impressing a "potential partner" either.

2 (a and b I guess, in spite of the fact that a is dropped by PRO). There's no question that most women do care about their appearance, but the same can still be said for men, hence my argument for working out (or to generalize a bit more, men having to make sure they appear STRONG whether it be mentally or physically). But as far as women choosing the best partner for their prospective children, not necessarily given that most are more concerned with how a man can satisfy their needs (it's just too presumptous to suggest that most women are thinking about how a man can father their future child and just as presumptous to suggest that these women are even concerned with the possibility of a child before even getting with a man).

At any rate though, none of this addresses how men have a harder time getting action from a typical woman than women do getting any action from a typical man (and for those who don't know, by action, I mean "sex"), so consider that argument as dropped on PRO's part and therefore conceded to.

Again, PRO brings up women having to shave their legs, wear make up and such, but I've countered this in both of my rounds by pointing out that not only do men have to worry about grooming, but also about working out (which, if you recall PRO's concern on having to put up with physical labor, this factoid should proves significant in countering PRO's argument).

2c. If a women has the need to go a whorehouse, it is considered weird? Since when do individuals in general consider it socially acceptable (or rather, NOT WEIRD) for a MAN to go to a whorehouse much less participate in any form or prostitution? The answer is that it is not considered socially acceptable for a man to do this either. Thus, all PRO manages to establish here is equal difficulty for both men and women.

>>>CONCLUSION as to whose arguments are more convincing: At the very most, PRO's arguments manage to show that men and women have equal difficulties. For instance, she may have pointed out there are cases where women are single thus have to take care of their households and work at a job, but, given how I've shown that there are cases where men are single and thuse have to take care of their households and have a job, this balances out. Such is the nature of a majority of this debate.

That said, I've also managed to go the extra mile and show that men indeed have it more difficult than women given how men (generally) have a harder a time getting some "action" than women do and how there generally is far more physical labor to endure for a man than there is a woman (and note that PRO considered PHYSICAL PAIN as a means of determining who had it harder).

Thus, either way you take it (whether it be that the difficulties of men and women balance out or that women do indeed have it easier in life than men), I have defeated the opposition and am therefore worthy of the CON vote in terms of whose argument was more convincing.

>>>Spelling/grammar: I'd like for you to observe this statement made by my opponent: "World is not becoming more and more civilized?" Shouldn't it be "THE" world is not becoming more and more civilized? Mistakes like these are rather common in PRO's case, ergo, it is quite clear that you should vote CON on the matter of spelling/grammar.

>>>Realiable sources: Please note the evidence I presented during this debate as well as how PRO scoffed at the notion of me presenting evidence.

>>>Conduct: Refer back to PRO's "tactics" in R2 as well as how they changed the flow of this debate.

Thanks for debate! Vote CON ON ALL POINTS!
Posted by SonicGhost 9 months ago
SonicGhost
Most of PRO's arguments were based around stereotypes but then, as Logical-Master pointed out, "switched characters". Many of the arguments such as pain, and giving birth, are not well addressed, and come off as "complainy" /whiny. Logical-Master's argument was however lacking the "big guns", the court bias for women is not addressed, custody of child is not addressed.
On another note, the very statement of "Men have easier life than women because they don't have to stand as much pain as women do" is deflated with the first round, and therefore, the whole of the argument was completely futile.
Posted by Rachelle0705 1 year ago
Rachelle0705
Men do NOT have an easier life then women. Yes women work, clean, take care of the kids but most men have to do the same thing. Women complain! No matter how hard the husband works or helps around, women still complain and nag because its what they do. Men and women have the same life. Men don't have an easier life. Other than the monthly visit and becoming pregnant but those are the joys of a woman.
Posted by Aini 3 years ago
Aini
10% of women in their reproductive years have endometriosis and I'm just going to estimate that 50%--could be more, could be less--have the debilitating pain that I have had. I have since discovered how to manage my pain, but it certainly was not through medicine. There are many others less fortunate than myself who schedule surgery once a year hoping it might help them live a normal life long enough to discover their own 'cure' of sorts. I'm not aware of anything like endometriosis that men have. Many women also have PCOS--I have that as well--and that can also cause similar pain. The few female friends I have also have PCOS, so it's probably rather common though I haven't checked the statistics.

Not every woman wants to get rid of a natural bodily function such as menstruation. I believe, as many still do, that you don't mess with nature. I think our species has become far too arrogant thinking we have the right to control so many things (for no good reason) without any consequences.

I have a child and I clearly remember the stress of pregnancy. The last trimester is something I wouldn't wish on anyone. Two and a half years later, I still feel searing pain in my hips if I bend my legs a certain way. The effects of carrying a child don't just magically disappear with the weight. It changes your body permanently.

As for raising a child, I doubt any parent of a young child can honestly say they only spend a couple hours taking care of that child each day. My daughter is two and a half years old and keeps me so busy, I can't get more than three straight hours of sleep. She has toys and I let her watch certain shows--Spongebob will never be one of them--but she is never fully entertained by them. I have considered a pet for her, but I can't handle more work at this point. I consider parenting her a 24/7 job, not 2/7. I don't get a break from her unless I'm doing chores--1 hour/day for that is also a gross understatement--and that's hardly restful.
Posted by tbtaylor 4 years ago
tbtaylor
women dont stay home with the kids or any of that junk you was saying it is 21 st century men do stay at home with the kids. The world you are talking about was a long time ago
Posted by Eros 4 years ago
Eros
I split my vote. Lencie failed to use the 'child raising' trump card
and failed to sufficiently exploit the 'burden of moral responsibility' as all men are sluts and irresponsible. There are also within gender social interactions she could have exposed. As far as the physical pain and work features are concerned, modern medicine and technology and multiple orgasms make those a wash.

Eros for your correction.
Posted by wonderwoman 4 years ago
wonderwoman
I am completely biased but Logical Master beat my bias!
Posted by Logical-Master 4 years ago
Logical-Master
slintwaves, how much of the debate did you actually read?
Posted by silntwaves 4 years ago
silntwaves
"Given that my opponent argues under the notion that women have it tough because they have to stay at home, I'm sure she won't be able to provide an effective argument here."

I will. Women don't always stay home. That is a stereotype Mr. :]
Posted by Floridajoe03 5 years ago
Floridajoe03
Lencie forgot to put in wet dreams. Who likes waking up to have wet gooey stuff in the pants? It's a pain to clean it up.

I voted for Con because he made sense.
Posted by Zodiac-Killa 5 years ago
Zodiac-Killa
What do you mean wonder_boy.
Vote Placed by aliasam1337 2 years ago
aliasam1337
LencieLogical-MasterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's argument was very weak, although Con missed out on a lot of points I think he should of stated.
Vote Placed by tbtaylor 4 years ago
tbtaylor
LencieLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by biopep 4 years ago
biopep
LencieLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Eros 4 years ago
Eros
LencieLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by wonderwoman 4 years ago
wonderwoman
LencieLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by atheistman 4 years ago
atheistman
LencieLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by holierthanthou99 5 years ago
holierthanthou99
LencieLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Artifice 5 years ago
Artifice
LencieLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Bnesiba 5 years ago
Bnesiba
LencieLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Orangeman333 5 years ago
Orangeman333
LencieLogical-MasterTied