cheekyhobo
skizzils

Men should be able to wear high-heeled shoes without being chastised about it.

cheekyhobo

Pro

Women get to do so much stuff without any ramifications. They can wear high-heels, dresses, skirts. They can punch and hit men and it is OK. They can give purple nurples without fear of getting them back. I say men take some rights for themselves in society. We should be able to wear high-heels and it be OK with society. Anyone that debates the other side is a bigot and a big meanie!
skizzils

Con

"Women get to do so much stuff without any ramifications. They can wear high-heels, dresses, skirts. They can punch and hit men and it is OK. They can give purple nurples without fear of getting them back."

Women also face many problems and prejudices against them as well. Many think women cannot do many of the things men can do, for example, football. You say women can wear high heels, dresses, etc. I've seen many men who wear t-shirts and hoodies. When women wear these things, they are commonly looked down upon.

" I say men take some rights for themselves in society. We should be able to wear high-heels and it be OK with society."

Have you noticed that many women are shorter than men? What would it be if men wore high heels? Men would still be taller than women, making things difficult for the woman in the situation who may be shorter than the man she is with. High heels help even out height(in some situations). If men also wore them, they would be pointless.

" Anyone that debates the other side is a bigot and a big meanie!"

I'm sorry you feel this way. I do not classify myself as a meanie because I debate the 'other side' as you say. This is a prejudment on me.
cheekyhobo

Pro

"Women also face many problems and prejudices against them as well. Many think women cannot do many of the things men can do, for example, football. You say women can wear high heels, dresses, etc. I've seen many men who wear t-shirts and hoodies. When women wear these things, they are commonly looked down upon."

Dude, in today's world, women can do ANYTHING. There are so many feminist rights advocacies out there that women get away with murder because they can. Women this and women that. Eventually men will become obsolete so we should milk the world for what its got now before it is too late! Women that wear hoodies are considered cool, not looked down upon. So I believe men should be men and wear them high-heels!

"Have you noticed that many women are shorter than men? What would it be if men wore high heels? Men would still be taller than women, making things difficult for the woman in the situation who may be shorter than the man she is with. High heels help even out height(in some situations). If men also wore them, they would be pointless."

Not in the Netherlands they are not. You can find six feet women all over the place! For tourist males, we need those high-heels because they only place we're big in, is around the middle!

"I'm sorry you feel this way. I do not classify myself as a meanie because I debate the 'other side' as you say. This is a prejudment on me."

Well, I don't think you are a big meanie. Sorry. I hope we can still be friends. But you never refuted that you were a bigot! :)
skizzils

Con

"Dude, in today's world, women can do ANYTHING."

Women CAN do anything. Its that society doesn't accept it, just as society does not accept men wearing skirts. You argue that women can do anything. Men can do anything, too. There are certain prejudments made about men, and women alike. Women are pressured by the world to look and act a certain way, to dress with fashion, to be a size two.

"Women that wear hoodies are considered cool, not looked down upon."

When women wear hoodies(or anything in that nature), it is considered not fashionable, while men can get away with wearing them everyday(excluding formal events).

"Eventually men will become obsolete so we should milk the world for what its got now before it is too late!"

Is this to say that men should do what they wish before they become unnoticed? Please clarify. If so, what makes you think that men will become secondary to the women? I do not completely understand what you are trying to say here.

"Not in the Netherlands they are not."

Is this to say that men should only wear high-heels in the Netherlands, as its the main place where men are not generally taller than women? Please clarify.

Its not normal or recognized by the statuses we have set. Men don't wear lipstick(besides in theatrical performances) or women's underwear, so why should men wear high-heels?

Though my opponent has rebuted my questions, he has lacked to provide a response as to why men should wear high heels. It seems that he is fighting for the fact that women get to do many more things than men
cheekyhobo

Pro

"Dude, in today's world, women can do ANYTHING." - This was meant not in a denotative way but rather in a conotative manner and anyone that reads this debate would know that. If this has spurred some form of debate on words and how they are used, pick that up with my attorney, aka, me in another debate.

Furthermore, women are allowed to do anything they want in this society.

"" "Eventually men will become obsolete so we should milk the world for what its got now before it is too late!"

"Not in the Netherlands they are not."

Is this to say that men should only wear high-heels in the Netherlands, as its the main place where men are not generally taller than women? Please clarify."

Yes to both scenarios with modifications. I gave an example of when men are not shorter than women. Also midgets or dwarves as some of them prefer to be called should be able to wear high-heels but it would be unacceptable!!! But, also I was making a joke about obsolete! My dear boy, don't you read? It is obvious that many people believe men will become obsolete and unnecessary because women now do not require men to reproduce, only DNA.

Men should shake off the reins of anti-patriarchy and create a balance by forcing their way into allowing men to wear high-heels.

Thanks again my uncheeky friend.
- Cheeks
skizzils

Con

skizzils forfeited this round.
Posted by cheekyhobo 9 years ago
cheekyhobo
I am referring to the United States FYI. Why should our living generations of men suffer for what was done years and years ago? We are now a more tolerant and open society to many things, but we are restricting and separating more via the social status.
Posted by rawritsmichelle 9 years ago
rawritsmichelle
Women should have their time in the spotlight, too. For many previous generations, MEN have been able to do everything; women were looked down upon for wearing PANTS. Of course things have changed, but females CAN NOT do everything they want to do. Have you ever considered countries like Saudi Arabia, where they have the strict rules to abide by the country's religion (sharia[h])? The few countries that allow women rights pale in comparison to those who don't. Have you considered other places besides the U.S. who have exact equal rights?
Posted by Joel_Asher 9 years ago
Joel_Asher
cheekyhomo I dont think that you are paying attention too much. Guys can wear high heels and still be cool. Just go ask a bunch of goths, hell ask keaunu reeves how he felt in the high heels on the matrixs.
Posted by skizzils 9 years ago
skizzils
I apologize for not replying; thanks for the debate :]
Posted by cheekyhobo 9 years ago
cheekyhobo
He conceded the debate in the last round. I truly was interested in seeing his response. :)
Posted by polka-dots323 9 years ago
polka-dots323
There are some things that just go without being said. This is how our society works. From the begining of time, there have been standards set in society. It depends on the culture. In our culture, we do not really accept men walking around in high-heeled shoes. Women can have both a feminine said and a "tom-boyish" side. Thats why being a female is great! :) This is just a simple standard set in our society that goes without being said. Nothing is being harmed as it is, and nothing is preventing a man from walking around in high-heels if he wishes to do so.
Vote Placed by Rhodesia79 3 years ago
Rhodesia79
cheekyhoboskizzilsTied
Vote Placed by Kmille11014 9 years ago
Kmille11014
cheekyhoboskizzilsTied
Vote Placed by slammin 9 years ago
slammin
cheekyhoboskizzilsTied
Vote Placed by rawritsmichelle 9 years ago
rawritsmichelle
cheekyhoboskizzilsTied
Vote Placed by polka-dots323 9 years ago
polka-dots323
cheekyhoboskizzilsTied
Vote Placed by msoshima54 9 years ago
msoshima54
cheekyhoboskizzilsTied
Vote Placed by blond_guy 9 years ago
blond_guy
cheekyhoboskizzilsTied
Vote Placed by watsUpthr 9 years ago
watsUpthr
cheekyhoboskizzilsTied
Vote Placed by iluvdebates 9 years ago
iluvdebates
cheekyhoboskizzilsTied
Vote Placed by Satanclaus 9 years ago
Satanclaus
cheekyhoboskizzilsTied