RebelRebelDixieDixie01
Kathryn3014

Men should have a say in his child's abortion.

RebelRebelDixieDixie01

Pro

Round 1. Acceptance

Round 2. Arguments

Round 3. Rebuttals

Round 4. Closing
Kathryn3014

Con

I accept. (please excuse any miss spellings I have Severe Dyslexia)
RebelRebelDixieDixie01

Pro

Ok, thank you for your acceptance.

Here are my arguments

1. Its half the fathers child, due to the fact that half of the childs cells came from him.

2. it should always be both the man and the woman making the decisions together, especially whenever it comes to children.

3. I know its the womans body, but its the man's child just as much as it is the womans.

I await my opponenets arguments :D
Kathryn3014

Con

It would be unfair to the mother to "force" her to carry her unborn fetus to full term pregnancy . Therefore, it should be her decision alone to decide whether her unborn child is to be aborted. It would be terrible to require the mother to carry her baby to term because it would require her to quit school, abandon her career, suffer for the rest of her life never knowing where her child was if she placed the child for adoption, or face the stigma of "unwed" motherhood, or an endless number of other scenarios. I am not saying that every child that does not get aborted will be less loved. Also, Yes it takes a women and a man to make a baby but the man is not held under the constraints of the temporary condition of a nine month pregnancy and they do not have to sign a legal document that states that if the woman does not go through with the pregnancy that they (men) will be in custody of the kid. If men do have a say in the abortion then they could make the women go through the pregnancy and have the child then if they change their mind they could just sign away legal obligations Her entire life could be ruined and The man wouldn't have to do anything and they could go on living there life with hardly a bump in the road. Women are the ones that would have to bear the physical condition of Pregnancy, women have to bear with the Pain of pregnancy.One of the most common reasons why some women want to have an abortion is because they have the desire to delay childbearing because they themselves are young women want to prevent the physical pain or emotional abuse of having a baby as a teen.
RebelRebelDixieDixie01

Pro

"It would be unfair to the mother to "force" her to carry her unborn fetus to full term pregnancy . Therefore, it should be her decision alone to decide whether her unborn child is to be aborted."

Well, its unfair to kill a fathers son or daughter.

"It would be terrible to require the mother to carry her baby to term because it would require her to quit school, abandon her career, suffer for the rest of her life never knowing where her child was if she placed the child for adoption."

Well, she wouldnt have to quit school, or abandon her career, it was her fault (unless raped) to have unprotected sexual interaction, so she should take responsibility for her actions.

" Also, Yes it takes a women and a man to make a baby but the man is not held under the constraints of the temporary condition of a nine month pregnancy and they do not have to sign a legal document that states that if the woman does not go through with the pregnancy that they (men) will be in custody of the kid."

But the man would have to live the rest of his life knowing that his child was killed.

"If men do have a say in the abortion then they could make the women go through the pregnancy and have the child then if they change their mind they could just sign away legal obligations Her entire life could be ruined and The man wouldn't have to do anything and they could go on living there life with hardly a bump in the road."

Her entire life would not be ruined. Also, the man would have to do something, live his life without the son he made.

Depending on the age of the mother, it was her fault, (again, unless raped) to have the child, so the should have to either keep the baby, or put him/her up for adoption insted of just saying, "no, the father of the child cant have a say in his murder or not."
Kathryn3014

Con

1. Its half the fathers child, due to the fact that half of the child cells came from him.
Yes. it is half of the fathers cells but it is not in the fathers care and for the next 9 months the father will take no part in raising The Fetus. the father will not have to eat healthy, the father will not have to exercise on a daily basis. The father will not cut out all of his partying and his regular lifestyle to prepare for the baby have to get ready for the baby

Yes I agree 100% with you on this. But honestly you should get your head out of the clouds. Yes it should be both the man and the woman agreeing on this but in reality it rarely ever is. When it comes to legal obligations if the man says you can't get the abortion and the women agrees on the conditions that the father will take on all obligations that have anything to do with the children and after the born the father can change his mind whereas the mother has no option other than adoption and that is very had on anyone especially a woman with motherly instincts.

Nope. This from the time of conception to birth it is not the mans child, he is doing nothing so why should he have any say to whether or not I will have a living body is side me? what does he do to take on help nurturing and raising the fetus? Nothing, Not a single thing. The woman (if in school or work) would have to drop out because the stress of a job and school is really unhealthy for a mother nearing her third trimester.

In your rebutle you stated that
RebelRebelDixieDixie01

Pro

"Nope. This from the time of conception to birth it is not the mans child, he is doing nothing so why should he have any say to whether or not I will have a living body is side me? what does he do to take on help nurturing and raising the fetus? Nothing, Not a single thing. The woman (if in school or work) would have to drop out because the stress of a job and school is really unhealthy for a mother nearing her third trimester."

90% of the time, if man gets a woman pregnant, he stays with her and protects her as much as he can, so he does help raising the "fetus". Unlike you said he doesn't do a single thing.
Kathryn3014

Con

Men, you do not require a woman's approval if you get a vasectomy. You do not need a woman's approval to get multiple women pregnant at the same time so (which affects the finatial issues). So why should a women get ur approval to remove a fertilized egg from her womb? You do not have to go through physical pain before the baby has conscious thought and is alive with out the direct, everything, from their mom. So no you should not get a say whether I get a fetus removed from my body that could cause potential dangerous and life threating complications while you can still go out and party. I will not be stuck at home feeling so sick during pregnancy when you do not have to and will not stay and help all of the time. And most certainly not 90%! It's my body!
Posted by LuckyStars 2 years ago
LuckyStars
You can change the vote!
Posted by Stalin_Mario 2 years ago
Stalin_Mario
What a stupid hypocrite you are, Rebel. I obviously made a typo, but again you are too stupid to see that. Also didn't yesterday you say that you also made a typo after saying "one" instead of "won". Do you not think at all?
Posted by Stalin_Mario 2 years ago
Stalin_Mario
Posted by RebelRebelDixieDixie01 2 years ago
RebelRebelDixieDixie01
Haha, look at Stalin_Mario's vote, apparently I had better grammar than myself.
Posted by Kathryn3014 2 years ago
Kathryn3014
I watched that video and it was just someone on the Internet who is against abortion and has no education on this topic. Don't even bother a fetus, when aborted is invisible to the naked eye and the pictures that were all on there we pictures of miscarriage's and premature still-borns. There is no way to see the aborted fetus because of the procedure.
Posted by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
ESocialBookworm
interesting
Posted by Stalin_Mario 2 years ago
Stalin_Mario
What was the point of that video?
Vote Placed by Seeginomikata 2 years ago
Seeginomikata
RebelRebelDixieDixie01Kathryn3014Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con tone and argument was solely focused on "what if the woman is being oppressed". The way I've understood it, the pro case does not necessitate forcing anyone into anything, it only attempts to set up a moral groundwork for cooperation and family planning. Since con ignored the core of the debate, Pro wins.
Vote Placed by Stalin_Mario 2 years ago
Stalin_Mario
RebelRebelDixieDixie01Kathryn3014Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had very weak arguments. Con also didn't have the best arguments, but they weren't as bad. Pro did have better spelling and grammar than Con. Neither had reliable sources.