nittybeat88
Muted

Men should not be aloud to discuss whether abortion is right or wrong.

Muted

nittybeat88

Pro

In this debate, should you choose to accept, I will be stating that Men have no place in the argument of abortion.

I am a pro-choice male and I believe strongly that, when it comes to abortion, men shouldn't have a say in the matter.

Rules:

1. No trolling.
2. No name calling.

Rd. 1 is acceptance.

Clarification: This debate is not on the morality of abortion in general.
Muted

Con

I accept. I will show how Pro is self-contradictory.
nittybeat88

Pro

Hello :)

I imagine you are saying I am contradicting my point when I say that men shouldn't have a say in whether or not a woman chooses to have an abortion, and then want to debate it? I apologize if I wasn't clear.

My point is thus:

Man cannot tell woman that abortion is wrong.
Muted

Con

I will not now put forth arguments against the resolution, instead, since this is a five round debate, I will let pro begin in the next round. My point about contradiction basically has to do with the fact that it's a male who's telling us that males should not interfer. If a male interfers to say that a male should not interfer, then there is a contraadiction. Present your argument. NOW!
nittybeat88

Pro

Argument:

Abortion is a very invasive procedure done to the body of a woman. Therefore women should be the only ones who have a say on whether or not it is legal or how easy the process of receiving on is.

Men have no idea what it is like to be a woman and they never will. Men should not have the right to tell a woman what is right and what is wrong when it comes to their bodies.

That is pretty much it.
Muted

Con

My opponent"s argument is centered around the idea that abortion is invasive. In fact, abortion does not need to be invasive. It can be done via other procedures such as through pills.

The argument of my opponent"s is based on the assumption that the fetus is part of the body of the woman. To see why this is false, note the following syllogism. (All syllogisms not original)

1. The fetus is part of the pregnant woman.
2. A male fetus has a penis.
C: A pregnant woman has a penis.

This is absurd as well as false. However, there is more than just logical fallacies in the argument. There is factual support for the fact that fetuses are not part of the mother. Indeed, this fact is that the mother"s immune system rejects the fetus. [1]

If a fetus is not part of the mother, then the mother has no say in what to do because it is no longer "the body of the woman," to quote Pro.

1. http://www.sciencemag.org...
nittybeat88

Pro

This seems oxymoronic but if you really look at the reason behind the topic you will find that I am an advocate for women's rights.

The fact you say that a fetus is not part of a woman is not true in the fact that a fetus cannot survive outside of a woman.

If a woman has cancer (a disease that cannot live outside the body) should it be up to a man whether or not it can be removed?
Muted

Con

i too am an advocate for women's rights. I am also an advocate of fetal and child rights.

By my opponent's logic, any two year old are just extensions of their mothers, since it stands to reason that two year olds cannot normally survive without their mothers.

Should my opponent object and say that there are other adults, well, there have been not a few instances of embryos surviving in labs, and fetuses surviving premature. This is such common knowledge that i refuse to cite.

Now it can be clearly seen that a two year old has rights, indeed, so does a fetus. The right to life. Cancer, unlike fetuses, are not 'living' in the sense that the latter is.

With that. Welcome to DDO!
nittybeat88

Pro

nittybeat88 forfeited this round.
Muted

Con

Vote Con!!!
Posted by kilometers 4 years ago
kilometers
And having read Oxymoron's comment below, that's a far better route to take.
Posted by kilometers 4 years ago
kilometers
"If a male interferes to say that a male should not interfere, then there is a contradiction."

If that was what he said. It's actually a matter of a 'male interfering with males interfering with abortion', which is thoroughly different. Actually, interfering is hardly on the table... isn't the topic about whether or not males can discuss abortion? So in fact it's a 'male debating whether men may discuss abortion'. Please don't reword the situation to fit an arbitrary contradiction, because in this case I am rooting for you Con. ;-)
Posted by Oxymoron 4 years ago
Oxymoron
"I am a pro-choice male and I believe strongly that, when it comes to abortion, men shouldn't have a say in the matter."

Pro-choice: advocating access to legal abortion: advocating open legal access to voluntary abortion
(Online Dictionary)

If you are an advocate (to recommend or support something: to support or speak in favor of something) then you are having your say in the matter, aren't you? This whole debate is oxymoronic and Con ought to point it out.
Posted by Muted 4 years ago
Muted
i will post my arguments in 12 hours, my apologies, i need some rest.
Vote Placed by Hemanth_Nambiar 4 years ago
Hemanth_Nambiar
nittybeat88MutedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con, for a better argument, and of course, for providing the only source in the debate. Conduct to con as pro forfeited the last round.
Vote Placed by Microsuck 4 years ago
Microsuck
nittybeat88MutedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit. Weak arguments by pro.