YoungLeader4216
oscar_grigg

Men shouldn`t be allowed to hit women

YoungLeader4216

Con

I recently saw a debate about this topic and I wanted to start a debate about it and hear someone else`s opinion while also sharing mine.

For this argument I will be taking the role of Con because I believe it is fair if men are allowed to hit women in the same way that women are allowed to hit men.
(note: I am not a man who is simply arguing because I want to go around hitting women, I am a female who wants to share her opinion on the topic)

First round will be acceptance,
the rest will be for arguments and refutations
oscar_grigg

Pro

Clearly I disagree with your affirmative stance, I would also like to point out that I am a male.

First round acceptance.
YoungLeader4216

Con

Thank you for accepting this challenge! I look forward to this debate :)

I think that it is perfectly fair for men to hit women. If a man hits a woman and is charged with domestic violence then that is his fault and he gets whatever he gets. But, I think it should be the same for women. If a woman hits a man and is charged for domestic violence, that`s her fault and she gets whatever she gets.

Now, if a woman hits a man and he hits her back, I think that is completely fair and the man should not be charged or in any kind of trouble. Being female should not give you an excuse to hit someone and for them to not hit back. Same goes for both genders.

If someone beats someone to no end, it is unacceptable no matter what gender you are. If someone hits back in self defense, the person who swung first had what was coming.

It does not matter how big and strong you are, you should be able to defend yourself no matter the circumstance.
oscar_grigg

Pro

First I would like to rebut. you say "I think that it is perfectly fair for men to hit women" under circumstances of course, but even under these circumstances, you think it's ok for anyone to hit anybody? You also say that if a man hits a woman he is charged with assault and in the case of vice versa, that is not the case. ( http://www.abc.net.au... ) As you can see here, women are often charged with domestic assault charges, the law does not bend for women under these circumstances. You also state that you believe that if a woman hits a man, and a man hits back, that should be fine. I disagree, this would be in legal terms, aggravated assault, whereupon the woman would receive assault charges. This is to ensure that one slap can't lead to the victim killing the offender and not being held responsible.

I would like to say as Con that not only should men not be allowed to hit woman, but woman should not be allowed to hit men. Like I stated before, the absence of violence in the first place is what I believe to be the appropriate solution to this debate. This topic also implies that woman are allowed to hit men. Which we know is not true, in our current legal system, this would also be considered assault. So with the evidence I have just provided, I would like to pose the question, why should men be allowed to hit woman if woman can't hit men?
YoungLeader4216

Con

YoungLeader4216 forfeited this round.
oscar_grigg

Pro

oscar_grigg forfeited this round.
YoungLeader4216

Con

YoungLeader4216 forfeited this round.
oscar_grigg

Pro

oscar_grigg forfeited this round.
Posted by Brendan.Leighton 1 year ago
Brendan.Leighton
For instances when Person A hits Person B and Person B hits Person A back, I believe Person A should be the only one punished. That would teach Person A not to hit people. Person B should have the right to stick up for themselves and to let Person A know that hitting will not be tolerated by them.

Imagine that everyone who did something wrong had that wrongness done to them. Rapists get raped, murderers get murdered, robbers get robbed... Then they are put in jail (if they're still living) and they get to think about what they did. Is there any better way to teach someone WHY something is wrong than to have them experience it first hand? With first hand experience they will know exactly how the person(s) who was wronged was made to feel by them. That might deter people from committing crimes as they won't want those crimes done to them. It's not about punishing people, it's about teaching them.

Treat people the way you want to be treated. What if that was enforced? What if we lived in a world where being nice was rewarded by receiving niceness and being mean was rewarded with meanness? The punishments would never be cruel because they would be equally fitting to the crime. The punishment would be unusual because it would be new. Just remember, the Earth being round was new at one point. People who lived back then thought the same as most people today, that advancement has hit its peak and there's not much left to discover. We are a young race. We might have fancy technology but mentally we have a long way to go before we are perfect. Like those people who didn't want to believe the Earth was round, maybe some of us are stuck in our ways and depending too much on what we were raised to believe and not opening our minds to the idea we could be wrong.

Do you agree with the United States military "hitting back" after 9/11, or do you think both parties should be punished for murder? If the US (Person B) didn't hit back, what would that say to terrorists (Perso
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
How are you supposed to discipline your wife, if you don't hit her?