Marina_yan
Vlada

Men shouldn't forbid working their wives.

Marina_yan

Marina_yan

Pro

Sooner or later every man faces the problem whether his wife should work. Most of them think that women should stay at home only, take care of the children and household; however, unemployed wife is not so good as you may think. There are plenty of reasons in favor of working women. For example, a woman who stays at home think about nothing except cooking, clearing, washing and so on. Her knowledge is narrowed to these things and become bounded. In the same time a woman who has a job commutes with a lot of people, gets information, learns more about different things , thereby she develops her knowledge about today"s world. There is a state that a working woman with her increased knowledge and better understanding can also make a better mother. A woman who has to stay away from her home for considerable periods of time and who has only limited time for her children will ordinarily try to do her best for them and to make the best of her time with them.
Vlada

Con

Well, thank you, Marina, for your opinion. Actually, this issue is rather relevant. Nowadays women try to be independent, that is why sometimes they try to show it by working. But I strongly believe, that it is better to be at home with your house work.
First of all, I want to point on a family. If you have children, it is very magnificent to spend a lot of time with them. Many scientists agree with this suggestion. You should be very careful parent, because usually we do not see our mistakes in bringing up the children. But, if there is a job, you should also pay attention on it, by doing different projects and so on. It means that your children will have lack of time, which they spend with you. It can cause the gaps in generations.
Secondly, house work is very important and nobody will do it.
Moving onto the third point, I want to say about self-study. There are a lot of spheres, there you can improve or even develop your skills, by reading books, searching information in the Internet or taking courses.
In conclusion, I want to add, that work is also good and I agree with you words. But women's destination is "protecting the fireplace at home".
Marina_yan

Pro

Thank you for your arguments. However, it is such a stereotype that woman's destination is "protecting the fireplace at home" . It could work half a century ago or even 2-3 decades ago, but not today. You see, here is another time when marriage is not so strong than before. In most cases marriages fail before it started. It is not statement that woman should work and not bring-up her children. No. Woman always can find a balance between family and work. So nowadays woman should be more independent to be ready for everything because we don't know what tomorrow will bring. Another reason why husbands should not forbid working their wives is that by being housewife woman don"t feel necessity to dress up and look better, because there is no need to go out much and if she need to go out she do it to buy food, pick up the kids from school and other house holding cases. Consequently, as a general rule, she dressed more practically and comfortable. The good example is my mother, who has started to work recently and I noticed how she changed. I and my father are happy to see her like this, because she became to dress more attractive than it was before. She changed hairstyle and begin to look after herself more. She became more self-reliant. So I actually think whether every man want to see his wife this way.
Vlada

Con

I have already pointed on one of the most important aspects in the round 1. And now, I want you to think about traditions. It is undeniable that we live in the modern world, there men"s and women"s rights are the same. But people cannot neglect traditions. We live in Kazakhstan, there this complexion is really magnificent and has great impact on us. According to this point, man is a "family"s head" and woman should be disciplinable. Of course, it does not mean that it is possible to suffer from rude unfairness, such as beating, abjection and so on. But work forbidding is not a big impingement of rights.
Marina_yan

Pro

I agree that people in Kazakhstan are conservative with their strong traditions and surely they should follow them to keep their unique culture. However, here is a relationship between man and woman namely mutual understanding and trust between them. What is more, we all know that extra money does not come in, and by having a job a woman make contribution to a family budget. There is nothing that might offend a man, a woman just wants to support their family. It does not matter how much she can earn, the matter is that by doing it woman feel her significance, she does not fell herself as a freeloader. it is not a must for woman to work, it is her desire. And I think that husbands also should respect opinion of their wives and vice versa. There should be a harmony between marrieds.
Vlada

Con

At the end of our debates, I want to say that if you love a person, you should respect and embrace his point of view. I strongly believe that husbands really want their wives not to be overloaded. Sometimes work can be rather nervous, moreover dangerous. Thus, there are can be difficulties with health. So it can cause a lot of problem. It seems to me that work forbidding is such kind of protection. In conclusion, I want to add that women's destination is "protecting the fireplace at home".
Posted by 2-D 3 years ago
2-D
@Fjdnhdh Pro's position does not make a lot of sense in the West but is more common in the rest of the world.

@ Mikal It does make more sense for one partner to stay home when kid's are involved but staying home alone with no outside contact gaining no work experience is stifling. The working partner gains a lot of leverage and control in the relationship since they provide the only income and are capable of independence when the stay at home partner is not. Two working parents is better for all involved imo.
Posted by Fjdnhdh 3 years ago
Fjdnhdh
"Most of them think that women should stay at home only"
Says who, exactly? I couldn't disagree more with this.
Posted by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
I will take this if you say which is better if you have a family. No one should forbid them from working but with the aspect of children and if they should work or stay at home, I will totally take this
Posted by brian_eggleston 3 years ago
brian_eggleston
I think most educated men want their wives to have a good job. Not just for the money, but because no man wants to be married to a woman who can only talk about children and housework when they come home - that would be boring.
Vote Placed by johnnyvbassist 3 years ago
johnnyvbassist
Marina_yanVladaTied
Reasons for voting decision: The key word is forbid. The man does not have the authority to do so. Marriage is team effort. Con brought up some good points, but did not ultimately refute Pro's thesis.
Vote Placed by brian_eggleston 3 years ago
brian_eggleston
Marina_yanVladaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Really interesting debate, giving a unique cultural insight. I wonder which country Marina_Yan is from. Pretty impressive as I suspect English is not the first language of either Pro or Con.
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 3 years ago
RoyLatham
Marina_yanVladaTied
Reasons for voting decision: A hundred years ago in the United States over 90% of the population worked in farming. There was no question of staying at home because men and women both worked dawn to dusk every day on the farm. The virtues of women caring for children are true; we can see it in Japan where the tradition largely remains. However, in non-agricultural societies work means going out of the home. It is for each family to decide what to do. The defect in the resolution is supposing it is the man's job to decide; modern times demand an equal voice of the marriage partners in coping with fundamental change in society. Interesting debate.