APPAdrian
anonymous33321

Men with long hair are more mentally unstable then men with short hair

anonymous33321

APPAdrian

Pro

Are men with long hair mentally unstable?
Based on my observations in life. I've found that men with long hair tend to be less attractive, less healthy, and be into the arts and music more then men with short hair styles. I was wondering if their is a correlation with hair style/length with mental health/stability, career success, etc.

Anyone here have any personal experiences with long haired men/boys.

Based on my observations, boys with long hair tend to have no direction in life and are deemed less attractive compared to if they had short hair.

I have observed that men with short clean hair tend to have ALL the professional jobs in our society such as, Doctor, Accountant, Teacher, etc.

I don't have any research to back any of this up

And I'm hoping that you guys show me some research.

Debate guys
anonymous33321

Con

First, I would like to thank my opponent for creating this interesting debate. I trust we will have an enjoyable time.

My thesis will surround the idea that long hair has absolutely no effect on brain or mental stability, instead as a stereotype demonstrates a general personality type.

APPAdrian

Pro

Men with long hair are more mentally unstable because they do not have self respect. They do not bother taking care of their appearance, which explains the long greasy, and unkempt hair.

Men with long hair are more depressed because they don't care about their appearance. Which means they are less successful, which can lead to depression.

On the other hand, men with short hair are more successful because they care about their appearance and they have a lot of self respect to them selves (which explains the frequent hair cuts and shaving).
anonymous33321

Con

First, I acknowledge the possibility, however unlikely, of my opponents argument. I do not wish during my rebuttal to, either intentionally or unintentionally, insult my opponent.

"Men with long hair are re mentally unstable because they do not have self respect." This first comment is blatantly erroneous. It is based in the same ideas that support "African American men are better at basketball" or "Asian people always work hard." These are known as generalizations or stereotypes, and in extreme cases racism and prejudice. Just because a man has longer hair, does not mean that he does not have self respect. In fact, on the other hand, does it point to more self respect because he does not care what the other men think of the hair style he chose?

Throughout my opponents claim, the same idea kept coming up. "They do not bother taking care of their appearance." Once again, the idea is possible that they WANT to look the way they do. Assuming that they are only in that way because they do not care about their appearance is prejudice.

To continue the thread, stereotyping men with long hair into the "unsuccessful" (undefined?) brand is a fallacy. There have been many successful men with ridiculous hair, including Albert Einstein, Joe Elliot, Bob Marley, David Beckham,
and many others besides.

To conclude, assuming men with long hair are unsuccessful and more depressed etc. is STEREOTYPING. This is one of the reasons for the 1960s civil rights movement. Why did it happen? White men thought black men were less "successful" because of the color of their skin. So, are we assuming men with long hair are less "successful" because of the length of their hair?

APPAdrian

Pro

APPAdrian forfeited this round.
anonymous33321

Con

anonymous33321 forfeited this round.
Posted by APPAdrian 3 years ago
APPAdrian
Omg, I made a few grammer mistakes lol.
Posted by anonymous33321 3 years ago
anonymous33321
Nope.
Posted by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
Why? Are you squinty eyed?
Posted by anonymous33321 3 years ago
anonymous33321
Good thing you are not on a jury then.
Posted by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
Another feature that is a direct indicator somebody is a jerk, is squinty eyes. If I was on a jury squinty eyed people would be found guilty every single time.
Posted by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
The most mentally unstable hairstyle by far is bald. Bald men are the most evil people on the planet. Nazi's, heaven's gate, dr Phil. Need I say more?
Posted by anonymous33321 3 years ago
anonymous33321
k thanks. Haha its hard to keep my debate voice on forever.
Posted by sonicdrake 3 years ago
sonicdrake
Haha no problem man
Posted by anonymous33321 3 years ago
anonymous33321
I apologise, I neglected to view the comments and see you there. Please forgive me?
Posted by sonicdrake 3 years ago
sonicdrake
lol dangit anon
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
APPAdriananonymous33321Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con counter-argued with the argument that Pro's arguments were generalised. Con also alerted us to the fact that there is a possibility that these men want to look like that, and hence countered Pro's argument of 'they don't respect themselves'. These two counter-arguments were sufficient to win, and Pro failed to address them. Conduct to Con for Pro's forfeits.