Tminusfour20
itsagodthing

Mermaids may exist based on current knowledge about Human Evolution.

Tminusfour20

Tminusfour20

Pro

Based Geographical, Historical and Biological evidence I think its reasonable to believe that during the course of the evolution of our species, we may have shared a common ancestor with what we may call a mermaid.

The evidence of this position will be based on verified sightings, current knowledge about our species and certain checkpoints in our evolutionary history.

There are no rules besides the obvious no troll zone.
itsagodthing

Con

we aren't fish people get that through your thick skulls we were made of ash and sust by God do I look like a fish to you people? don't answer that btw lol
Tminusfour20

Pro

Do I look like dust and ash to you? Does my wife look like a rib to you? I've never in my life seen evidence of a human coming about by a rib but I know for a fact that a wolf has evolved from a dog unless you would like to argue that as well lol
itsagodthing

Con

itsagodthing forfeited this round.
Tminusfour20

Pro

This was a fail
itsagodthing

Con

amen to the failure
Posted by Joss_Whedon 1 year ago
Joss_Whedon
Poorly worded for both arguments.
Posted by lovelyy_roses562 2 years ago
lovelyy_roses562
My work here is done, lol.
Posted by lovelyy_roses562 2 years ago
lovelyy_roses562
@itsagodthing it more realistic that mermaids could be real with a combination of a fish and a human which we know for that those two species are real, rather than a magical god that sends people to the heavens after they die. I'm not saying he's not real I'm saying that it's more of a possibility because no one really knows if he is real until we die. I'm just saying you can't just say one thing is not real and then say another thing that is just as unrealistic is real, and one more thing get it through your thick skull that no one said you were a fish, the debate is mermaids can be a possibility with the knowledge of human evolution, not you are a fish, if you didn't fully understand the concept of it.
Posted by Tminusfour20 2 years ago
Tminusfour20
Evolution is not that simple. The hardest part to wrap your head around is the time period it takes for this to work. when two large groups of animals are separated for a really long period of time(tens of thousands of years) They will not look the same, act the same, or want to even mate with each other. Thats how you end up with a llama and a Camel or a zebra and a horse or a lion and a tiger. Do a google search, 63.7 percent of our DNA is the same as horses.
Posted by Esiar 2 years ago
Esiar
"Do I look like dust and ash to you? Does my wife look like a rib to you?"
What a misunderstanding.
Posted by Esiar 2 years ago
Esiar
If Evolution as it is implied were real, I would assume it would be Cell - Frog - People.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Tminusfour20itsagodthingTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
Tminusfour20itsagodthingTied
Reasons for voting decision: CONDUCT (pro): Forfeit. ARGUMENTS (tie): Neither side rose to meet their BoP. NOTE: By asking for a "no troll zone," you may as well have invited the trolling that followed.