Wycliffe
Debate_King1475

Messi is better in terms of attacking, than C.Ronaldo

Debate_King1475
Started: 5/21/2015 Category: Sports

Wycliffe

Pro

Hello Everyone,
Something about myself, I supported Manchester United (Rooney, Tevez, CR7, Vidic, Van Der Sar period) then I was new to football matches. Then I change to supporting Barcelona(Current), reason being it more 'my kind of style'. Note: I support both these two marvelous players, so don't call me bias whatsoever.

Why I think Messi is better;
Passing) Football is a team game, not a 1-v-1 tennis match, Messi is patient and makes use of the entire team to break the defense.

Vision) Messi's vision to execute a defense breaking pass is superb, whether long or short passes

Positioning) When he is off the ball, most of the time he is strolling in the park,but he is always there when needed, signs of an intelligent player

Skills) He's trademark feints.. make it looks so easy, and doesn't do too much

Mental) He's not a whiner, that's why he's so respected. Don't 'dive' with the slightest of tap unlike most modern players.

Character) Humble, doesn't flaw his success as most successful professionals do, just like how people see floyd and manny.

Mind you, I think that Ronaldo has better heading/jump, stamina, shooting, and maybe speed.
Debate_King1475

Con

I placed my argument in the comments earlier but I thought that I would debate it as well. I wish you good luck on defending your precious Messi. And I hope that we can keep good conduct as well.

Attacking pertains to scoring goals and since Ronaldo is younger then he has not played as many games. The best way to determines ones attacking potential is from the (goals scored:games played) ration. Ronaldo's is higher so he is the better attacker. Plus, Messi plays striker and the striker is supposed to score the most goals. Hypothetically Messi and Ronaldo were of equal skill level then Messi should have a higher
(goals scored:games played). But he doesn't leaving Ronaldo as the better player.

I understand I did not rebuttal your points but Round 1 is just the opening arguement just to allow fairness of both players having equal opportunity to rebuttal instead of me jumping the gun by one round. Good luck.
Wycliffe

Pro

Wycliffe forfeited this round.
Debate_King1475

Con

Well, unfortunately my opponent has forfeited. This was a bummer. But I hope that the debate was still good
Posted by Debate_King1475 1 year ago
Debate_King1475
Attacking pertains to scoring goals and since Ronaldo is younger then he has not played as many games. The best way to determines ones attacking potential is from the (goals scored:games played) ration. Ronaldo's is higher so he is the better attacker. Plus, Messi plays striker and the striker is supposed to score the most goals. Hypothetically Messi and Ronaldo were of equal skill level then Messi would have a higher
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
WycliffeDebate_King1475Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff a round